Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) (27748 Views)

Huge Crowd At Osun-Osogbo Festival (Photos) / Ekiti: 3 Killed, Oba Bobade Adeleke Chased Out Over Ogun Festival (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogundamisi, Participating In The Oshoosi Festival (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:39am On Jul 30, 2019
hmmmmm
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by farem: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2019
etrouble:

I am a Muslim. I also follow my wife to the Church when I am less busy.

You are no where, mehn!
Jesus abhors your like.
Argue first with the Bible in Revelation 3:16
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by TAO11(f): 7:42am On Jul 30, 2019
cheesy
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by olowo1995(m): 7:42am On Jul 30, 2019
Oche211:
Ooni in shrine, Ooni in church

Once u re a king abeb u belong to no religion anymore... U re the king of all religion

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Behrooztoolz: 7:42am On Jul 30, 2019
Oche211Ooni in shrine, Ooni in church[/quote] IS OUR WORK OO
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Kingluqman(m): 7:42am On Jul 30, 2019
kolafolabi:
All these things need to be stopped. Let's the Obas emulate the Oba of Iwoland
Emulate who? Oluwo? Are you kidding?

You mean all his superior should emulate him?

In Yoruba race, your Oluwo no dey top 10 of Obas oo, so forget that guy man king.

grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Prophet777: 7:45am On Jul 30, 2019
That is why they refer to them as traditional rulers... Father of all religions.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Pearlyakin(m): 7:46am On Jul 30, 2019
For those posting thrash up there, as a king in Yoruba land you belong to all religion, Alaafin of Oyo also attends church program, visit Mecca and worship Shango it is part of our great culture in Yoruba land, ashe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by peeps4u: 7:48am On Jul 30, 2019
johnydon22:
No. Christianity and Islam needs to be stopped rather.

You people are mad

Don't mind them.

I'm a xtian, but why should I call for traditional religion to be stopped? Will I be comfortable when xtianity is asked to be stopped?

Besides, why should we totally bury our own religion for foreign ones?

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 30, 2019
What you guys don’t know is that culture is different from religion
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Tundeobama(m): 7:49am On Jul 30, 2019
You need a personal tutor British council certified for international English test exams IELTS, TOEFL and GRE General training or academic training.whatapps or Call 07₩031375607₩ 08120784316
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by peeps4u: 7:50am On Jul 30, 2019
olowo1995:

Once u re a king abeb u belong to no religion anymore... U re the king of all religion

We have so many kids here, they don't know kings practise all religions. Sijuwade, the immediate past Ooni, was a xtian and also practised traditional rites actively.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by SheikhMuniru(m): 7:50am On Jul 30, 2019
Kill Them All Idol Worshippers

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by enemyofprogress: 7:52am On Jul 30, 2019
Hiaaaan, and this man dey take chest and prick nack his so called wife wey call herself prophetess? cry cry

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by ElsonMorali: 7:53am On Jul 30, 2019
Abortedfetus:
I don't just understand this man.
A king who is a Christian but will always participate in idol worship and married to a prophetess.
Highly respected by church leaders all over d country.
Am even surprised dat he has not invited papa Adeboye to help him dedicate a new shrine to d goddess yemoja.

Hypocrites.

If it was me that was seen branching d house of baba adekija to collect my monthly dosage of safe body and apeeyen dat is even good for malaria.
Na back bench get me be dat and unending casting of my personality. angry

Aborted fetus comparing himself with a human being?

And not just any human being, the Ooni of Ife himself?

Nairalanders play too much.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by MikeBetty(m): 7:54am On Jul 30, 2019
Oche211:
Ooni in shrine, Ooni in church
Have You Not Read That "no Matter How A Yoruba Goes To Church, He Has Juju In His Bedroom"?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by ozowarac: 7:55am On Jul 30, 2019
We must uphold our culture and nothing can change it. not even western cultures called Christianity or Arabian culture called Islam can change it.
We are Africans and God who made us African has a purpose.

Building nuclear weapons that the will use to destroy human race are not civilizations. Viva Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by ElsonMorali: 7:56am On Jul 30, 2019
SheikhMuniru:
Kill Them All Idol Worshippers

Intolerance is the bane of Islam, the world's most hated religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by ElsonMorali: 7:57am On Jul 30, 2019
MikeBetty:
Have You Not Read That "no Matter How A Yoruba Goes To Church, He Has Juju In His Bedroom"?

Very dumb post.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by favour32(m): 8:00am On Jul 30, 2019
etrouble:

Let us be brothers despite our religious differences.
A happy couple known over the years love each other.
A Northern Moslem married to a Southern Christian.
Both are not religious extremists.
They celebrate all through the year;Sallah, Christmas, Easter and so on.
Thumb up bro!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by ElsonMorali: 8:02am On Jul 30, 2019
farem:

You are no where, mehn!
Jesus abhors your like.
Argue first with the Bible in Revelation 3:16

All these so-called "Christians", very quick to judge and very quick to condemn other to hell.

That you can quote the bible or pretend to speak in tongues doesn't make you a Christian bro.

That guy you just condemned might even find favour with God more than you.

You can't tolerate your fellow brethren who was created in the image and likeness of God, created like you and you think you have the love of God in your heart? Think again.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by ElsonMorali: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
ednut1:
Bros chose one side. And stop this remixes

He should abandon the practices and rites of his people and his land because the white man brought something "better"? Iranu sha.

I guess the effects of colonization is still reverberating in our bones till today. Anything the white man brings is superior and better to the point that we demonize our own. What a big shame.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by YoungLionken(m): 8:06am On Jul 30, 2019
etrouble:

You do that because you're a moderate moslem...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by shogsman(m): 8:07am On Jul 30, 2019
Abortedfetus:
A king who is a Christian but will always participate in idol worship and married to a prophetess.
Am even surprised dat he has not invited papa Adeboye to help him dedicate a new shrine to d goddess yemoja.

Hypocrites.

If it was me that was seen branching d house of baba adekija to collect my monthly dosage of safe body and apeeyen dat is even good for malaria.
Christianity and idol worshiping are both religion, last time I checked there are no laws stopping you from practising two or More religions.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by WINDSOW(m): 8:07am On Jul 30, 2019
Abortedfetus:

Hypocrites.

Valid point
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Tubanchi(m): 8:08am On Jul 30, 2019
I wonder what's ooni actually religion
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by HAKYN1: 8:09am On Jul 30, 2019
Oche211:
Ooni in shrine, Ooni in church.

Osu, how is it your business?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 30, 2019
Oche211:
Ooni in shrine, Ooni in church.

Serikin power

BIAFRA:ipob speaks on nnamdi kanu's next move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNq-8D-6X6E
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by HAKYN1: 8:17am On Jul 30, 2019
YoungLionken:

You do that because you're a moderate moslem...

He is moderate right? Okay, have you seen a Christian man with a muslim wife before? You should know that the level of tolerance in the muslims is higher than those even advocating tolerance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Out For Eid Prayers / Eri Festival: Ooni Of Ife, 25 African Americans To Storm Anambra / Monkey Wearing A Jersey At The Hawan Daushe Durbar In Bauchi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.