Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Tinting Car Windows - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tinting Car Windows (18191 Views)

Is it a big issue if I tint my car windows? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinting Car Windows by atilla(m): 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2007
@rowlandwhy - the reason i want to tint my windows is cause its looks cool, plus i dont really like the sun and sometimes cant be wearing glasses all the time, i guess it causes less heat to come in my ride also i hate it when i get in and its blazing hot or im in go slow and sweating, my ac is not that strong.

I want to do the thing the correct way cause i learnt that when u save money and buy cheap things in naij u always end up paying for it one day and ull be like why did i do this. Imagine one day ill be with a babe cruising and then those lastma guys would be like aaah friday we must chop from this guy. And probly ive just taken the babe to chop and she has wiped out all my money and ill sweating. Ill be like "WHY DIDNT I JUST PAY FOR THIS PERMIT!"'
U understand why now guys
Re: Tinting Car Windows by eggheadie(m): 11:40pm On Jul 08, 2007
chei, nairaland shld become jobless-guyz-land

abeg bro, go Ladipo, get a tint 4 1k and alwaiz carry 2 hundi (#200) when ever u go out 4 dem olopa!!!!!

chikena, no long thing!!! 2 think some1 went as far as quoting sections of d law, guyz abeg, go find work do
Re: Tinting Car Windows by Albert09(m): 4:01pm On Jul 09, 2007
For vehicles with factory tinted windows, S.3 of the Act makes it a duty of the buyer, donee or importer of a tinted, shaded, coloured, darkened or treated glass to change all the glass within a period of 14 days from the date of arrival in Nigeria or date of purchase (which ever is applicable in each circumstance).

My response to Guse[b][/b] is as follows: S.2 (1)(d) of the Act provides that any person without the approval of the appropriate authority counsels or procures any other person to tint, shade, colour, darken or treat in any other way, any glass fitted on a motor vehicle commits an offence under the Act .

I hope I am not a bore. Its just what the Law provides. Unfortunately, in Nigeria, you are not enlightened on the provision of some Laws by the relevant authority. They just wait for you to contravene the provisions of a Law and then they begin to flex their muscles.
Re: Tinting Car Windows by showbobo(m): 12:00am On Jul 10, 2007
if you want to tint your car,you would have to get a permit from the commissioner of police or so which would cost about 25k.i just bought a peugeot406 myself and its tinted and nobody disturbs me.
Re: Tinting Car Windows by BlackMamba(m): 3:04am On Jul 10, 2007
Thanks Albert09 for the little clarification on the statutory requirements of window tinting. That's the fun of Nairaland for me. Who really cares about a whole thread on where to tint a window and the cost. Go to Ladipo as some folks has rightly suggested. cool
Re: Tinting Car Windows by sojioguns(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2007
As long as the driver is visible to the police and authorities, you are ok. In most new cars, especially the luxury ones, the tint on the rear seat is usually darker than that of the driver's seat, if it is tinted at all. In other countries, they have similar laws too.
By the way, how does one get the IG of police? I want to tint a car, including the front windows and my sincere reason is that I always work on the go, using my laptop and I wouldnt want "the real owners" to set their eyes on my laptop. I have lost 2 already.
Re: Tinting Car Windows by mimiko(f): 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2007
na police wahala be dat
Re: Tinting Car Windows by sojioguns(m): 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2007
What kind of wahala is that?
Re: Tinting Car Windows by Guse: 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2007
See! Talk from NOW TILL THREAD 100. What would be would be. You'll realise that if you have the permit, police go beg you with style. If you don't police go capitalise on it. From the look of things the guy who started this thread don tell you his reasons as it makes the car cool so as you keep advising, he don already put it on, he left you guys to quote laws upon laws, Well sha it's allowed.
Re: Tinting Car Windows by rilla64: 10:30pm On Jul 16, 2007
@ showbobo How did u get your permit? If its a 100% legal, could you link me up. If anyone has an authentic link then pls send me a mail. Rilla64@yahoo.com
Re: Tinting Car Windows by atilla(m): 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2007
Thanks guys I have decided to wait until I have enough money to buy the permit.

I appreciate the stuff on the law because its good to know. Someone could just say u dont need it and ill just go do it.
So all info was appreciated sha. Thanks
Re: Tinting Car Windows by spicy007(f): 12:40pm On Jan 23, 2008
grin grin grin grin I LOVE THIS FORUM. ITS FULL OF HILARIOUS PSYCHOANALYSTS grin grin grin
Re: Tinting Car Windows by romeo(m): 10:56am On Jan 30, 2008
On tinted vehicle glasses
By Our Reader
Published: Wednesday, 30 Jan 2008
The above-titled piece in THE PUNCH refers.
As a staff officer to the Inspector General of Police, I can say authoritatively that people can, indeed, use vehicles with factory-fitted tinted glass, but they must first obtain permission from the IG.
The way it is done is that prospective users write letter of application for permit to use tinted glass, which is addressed to the IG, Force Headquarters, Abuja; or the Deputy Inspector General of Police, B Department of Operations, still in Abuja.
The applicant must attach photocopies of the vehicle licence, insurance and proof of ownership.
Applicants should note that approval is only given in Abuja and it is absolutely free.
SP Ahmed Lateef,
Staff Officer II-IGP
IGP Secretariat,
Force Headquarters,
Abuja FCT.

Note:I copied this from naija news
Re: Tinting Car Windows by sultaan(m): 11:46pm On Jul 02, 2009
He done it again, how can the IG make laws, when he is suppose to enforce laws.

He is subverting constituted assembly because of his failure to secure/enfore the law.

What do you all think?

First it was bikes at night then over 100cc engines, now its all suv and minivans

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jul/2/503.html

[size=20pt]Insecurity in S’East: IG bans use of vehicles with tinted glass • Approves roadblocks [/size]
From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka

Thursday, July 2, 2009

As part of measures to tackle the current disturbing insecurity in the South East geo-political zone, the Inspector General of Police, Mr Mike Okiro, has given a blanket ban on the use of vehicles with tinted glass in the zone.

The police chief also approved massive road blocks and extensive stop and search in all the states in South East.

Okiro, who made these pronouncements at Awka, Anambra State while taking delivery of two Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) and 21 Ford patrol vans donated by the Anambra State government to the Nigerian Police, urged the people to bear with the police.

Violent crimes, especially kidnapping and armed robbery have assumed a disturbing level for some time now in the South East states leading to the loss of lives and property both of the civilians and the police.

But Okiro observed on Wednesday that with the Anambra State government’s donation, “the government and the good people of Anambra State in collaboration with the Nigerian Police is today officially sending a strong warning signal to criminals and other miscreants in the state to pack their luggage and relocate out of Anambra State and its environs, as the state from this moment will no longer be conducive for their unwholesome activities. Any attempt for these hoodlums to ignore this sincere advice would be met with dire consequences.”

He recalled that in November 2007, the state government donated to the police, 45 operational vehicles, which had helped the force tremendously in crime prevention and control, adding that yesterday’s additional vehicles would boost police anti-crime campaign and operational capability.

Recalling some serious incidents that took place, the IG said: “I must observe here that in recent time, Anambra State is gradually degenerating into a theatre of absurd where high profile criminal activities like kidnapping, violent robbery operations and all manner of criminality have become the order of the day.

“I want to state that this madness is enough. Enough is enough. We cannot wait any longer while Anambra State is being taken over by hoodlums. The Nigerian Police Force is ready to defend innocent and all law-abiding citizens in this state with out last drop of blood.

“I am not here today to tell you what measures I have discussed with my zonal AIG and state commissioners, but I want to assure you that in few weeks from now, Anambra State and the entire South eastern states would be hot and too risky for any criminal to operate.”

Earlier, Governor Obi reiterated his government’s determination to ensure the safety and comfort of its citizens, disclosing that the two APCs were purchased at the cost of N150 million.

He noted that the 21 local governments made the donation of the 21 operational vehicles.

Obi said in furtherance to the government’s security consciousness, it has signed into law commercial and private motorcycle law 2009, which makes it mandatory for any motorcycle plying Anambra State whether commercial or private to be registered with the licensing authority on the payment of a prescribed fee.

The law also forbids the use of motorcycles with engine capacity above 100 cubic centimeters or more than four speed gears from operating in the state.

Re: Tinting Car Windows by menstrualpad: 11:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
DonBabaNG
sultaan:
He done it again, how can the IG make laws, when he is suppose to enforce laws.

He is subverting constituted assembly because of his failure to secure/enfore the law.

What do you all think?

First it was bikes at night then over 100cc engines, now its all suv and minivans

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jul/2/503.html

Re: Tinting Car Windows by Mosesdaniel: 4:17pm On Jul 06, 2022
Please my people can I tint my sienna 2007 driver and owners side

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is What The 2018 Kia Optima Station Wagon Looks Like (photos) / Lagos BRT Staff On Strike After Recent Increase In Fares!!! / Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.