Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? (1329 Views)

Why Did "GOD" Allow The Holocaust To Occur / Yahweh(god) Of Old Testament Is Satan - Scriptural Proof Inside / Throw Your Bible Away If You Don't Believe In The Old Testament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2019
Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament?

God's command for the Israelites to kill the people of Canaan was not genocide because this was God's moral judgement against a nation for their wickedness, not for their ethnicity. God gave them 400 years to repent before destroying them. God, as the author of all life, owes life to nobody, and so to withhold the right to life from those who are abusing it is not "genocide" nor "evil."

https://reasonsforjesus.com/did-god-commit-genocide-in-the-old-testament/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by MuttleyLaff: 6:42am On Jul 30, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament?
"33Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge!
How impossible it is for us to understand His decisions and His ways
!
34For who can know the LORD’s thoughts?
Who knows enough to give him advice?
35And who has given Him so much that He needs to pay it back?
(i.e. Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them?)
36For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory.
All glory to him forever! Amen.
"
- Romans 11:33

Capital No, God did not commit genocide

OLAADEGBU:
God's command for the Israelites to kill the people of Canaan was not genocide because this was God's moral judgement against a nation for their wickedness, not for their ethnicity
"But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed."
- Romans 2:5

Absolutely correct. Apparently the people of Canaan's cup of wrath had filled and runneth over

OLAADEGBU:
God gave them 400 years to repent before destroying them.
"13God said to Abram,
"You can know for sure that your descendants will live in a land that is not their own, where they will be slaves,
and they will be oppressed for 400 years (i.e. be forced into slavery and abused for 400 years)
14But I will punish the nation they serve, and after that they will come out with many possessions.
15But you will die in peace and be buried at a very old age.
16In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, because the sin of the Amorites will not have run its course until then (i.e. because only then will the people who live here be so sinful that they deserve to be punished)
"
- Genesis 15:13-16

430 years to be precise, they were given, well 30 years added as bonus

OLAADEGBU:
God, as the author of all life, owes life to nobody, and so to withhold the right to life from those who are abusing it, is not "genocide" nor "evil."
"16Whenever you capture towns in the land the Lord your God is giving you, be sure to kill all the people and animals.
17He has commanded you to completely wipe out the Hittites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites.
18If you allow them to live, they will persuade you to worship their disgusting gods, and you will be unfaithful to the Lord.
"
- Deuteronomy 20:16

God gives us life and takes lives away as He sees and/or deem fit.
Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
This is disturbing shocked

2 Likes

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

This is disturbing shocked

Tell us what is disturbing you, a holy God?

1 Like

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by LordReed(m): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2019
Wow. Just wow. How do you people continue to stomach this drivel? Justifying genocide? Can you go any lower?

2 Likes

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2019
LordReed:

Wow. Just wow. How do you people continue to stomach this drivel? Justifying genocide? Can you go any lower?

Do you also believe God committed genocide? undecided

1 Like

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by LordReed(m): 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Do you also believe God committed genocide? undecided

Your god can not commit anything. What is disgusting is you justifying genocide because it was written in your storybook. It's sick.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2019
LordReed:

Your god can not commit anything. What is disgusting is you justifying genocide because it was written in your storybook. It's sick.

Thanks for answering the question. God did not commit genocide. cool

God never "murders" anyone. He is a righteous Judge, and you have been given the death sentence (along with every other human being). However, He's rich in mercy and offers you a reprieve. Take it or leave it--life or death, Heaven or Hell.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 13 June 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

1 Like

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by LordReed(m): 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Thanks for answering the question. God did not commit genocide. cool

God never "murders" anyone. He is a righteous Judge, and you have been given the death sentence (along with every other human being). However, He's rich in mercy and offers you a reprieve. Take it or leave it--life or death, Heaven or Hell.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 13 June 2017 ·
www.livingwaters.com

LoL! It cannot commit murder because it doesn't exist. Your defense of genocide is even more sick knowing that it is for an imaginary being.

3 Likes

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
LordReed:

LoL! It cannot commit murder because it doesn't exist. Your defense of genocide is even more sick knowing that it is for an imaginary being.

If God is just an imaginary being why then take a panadol for someone else's headache, is it your hatred God? undecided

1 Like

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by LordReed(m): 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

If God is just an imaginary being why then take a panadol for someone else's headache, is it your hatred God? undecided

LoL, I am disgusted at this defense of genocide so who am I taking panadol for?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
OLAADEGBU,if God ordered you to do what they did i.e genocide.You would have done that right.I mean,you do it personally like strangle a child to death and keeping a little girl child as part of your war spoils(sex slave).You would have done all these right?

1 Like

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by 0temSapien: 10:02pm On Jul 30, 2019
God Almighty, the creator of Jehovah doesn't commit genocide. However, Yahweh committed genocide at is is well recorded in the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY.
Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

OLAADEGBU,if God ordered you to do what they did i.e genocide.You would have done that right.I mean,you do it personally like strangle a child to death and keeping a little girl child as part of your war spoils(sex slave).You would have done all these right?

Do you believe God can order anyone to commit genocide? undecided

1 Like

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
LordReed:

So you really believe genocide took place in the OT? undecided

1 Like

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Do you believe God can order anyone to commit genocide? undecided
Ok,sorry.OLAADEGBU,if God ordered you to do what they did i.egenocide wipe out entire races so they dont persuade you for worshipping their "disgusting gods".You would have done that right.I mean,you do it personally like strangle a child to death and keeping a little girl child as part of your war spoils(sex slave).You would have done all these right?
Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

Ok,sorry.OLAADEGBU,if God ordered you to do what they did i.egenocide wipe out entire races so they dont persuade you for worshipping their "disgusting gods".You would have done that right.I mean,you do it personally like strangle a child to death and keeping a little girl child as part of your war spoils(sex slave).You would have done all these right?

My answer will depend on you answering the question I asked earlier. Do you believe God committed genocide? undecided

1 Like

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
LordReed:

Everything came from dust and everything will surely return to dust at death!

God asked the Israelites to destroy all those waiting to drag issues with them concerning the land of Canaan, because that's the order of the day! Back then all the nations believes in the survival of the fittest so they don't drag issues with someone stronger than them, it's either they surrender or flee.

But these nations were going against their own norms. After hearing all what the God of Israel did to the greatest power of their time EGYPT, they've heard how God destroyed Pharoah and all his armies without the Israelites fighting. Yet they were still contemplating fighting against the people under the protection of such an invincible God!

Well going by their own rules they deserve to die, they are the judges over their own souls! So God asked the Israelites to destroy all their males because this one's will grow up for vengeance but since females don't fight back then, they should be spared!

This may sound crazy but ask any society today what happens if a man or woman walks into a court of law and declared himself to be condemned as in executed.
What the law of all communities say is that, he should first be tested whether he is mentally unstable but if after the test they discovered that he is sane, then the law says HE MUST BE EXECUTED WITHOUT DELAY! angry
Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by LordReed(m): 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

So you really believe genocide took place in the OT? undecided

Does it have to be real for me to be disgusted by your defense?

1 Like

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by LordReed(m): 11:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Maximus69:

Everything came from dust and everything will surely return to dust at death!

God asked the Israelites to destroy all those waiting to drag issues with them concerning the land of Canaan, because that's the order of the day! Back then all the nations believes in the survival of the fittest so they don't drag issues with someone stronger than them, it's either they surrender or flee.

But these nations were going against their own norms. After hearing all what the God of Israel did to the greatest power of their time EGYPT, they've heard how God destroyed Pharoah and all his armies without the Israelites fighting. Yet they were still contemplating fighting against the people under the protection of such an invincible God!

Well going by their own rules they deserve to die, they are the judges over their own souls! So God asked the Israelites to destroy all their males because this one's will grow up for vengeance but since females don't fight back then, they should be spared!

This may sound crazy but ask any society today what happens if a man or woman walks into a court of law and declared himself to be condemned as in executed.
What the law of all communities say is that, he should first be tested whether he is mentally unstable but if after the test they discovered that he is sane, then the law says HE MUST BE EXECUTED WITHOUT DELAY! angry

You people are sick.

1 Like

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
LordReed:

You people are sick.

I can't say of another person, but as i live Sir.

If going by your opinion Sir, i know i'm SERIOUSLY sick!
1Corinthians 2:14 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by Aaronsrod: 11:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

Which Christian would not obey the Lord of Hosts shocked

If we do not kill and rape at His command woe be unto us...

...and then Hellfire!!

Obey today.
Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:39am On Jul 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

My answer will depend on you answering the question I asked earlier. Do you believe God committed genocide? undecided
Didn't He wipe out entire races undecided
Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by Dantedasz(m): 6:40am On Jul 31, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2agGEqgigA

CHRISTIANS CAN JUSTIFY ANY ACTION OF THEIR GOD. DEBATING THEM IS A WASTE OF TIME IN MY OPINION. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2019
LordReed:

Does it have to be real for me to be disgusted by your defense?

I don't see you disgusted with those who propagate and defend fairytales such as leprechauns and unicorns.
Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2019
Aaronsrod:

Which Christian would not obey the Lord of Hosts shocked

If we do not kill and rape at His command woe be unto us...

...and then Hellfire!!

Obey today.

Do you believe genocide truly happened in the OT days? undecided
Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:

Didn't He wipe out entire races undecided

That was my original question, did He? undecided
Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2019
Dantedasz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2agGEqgigA

CHRISTIANS CAN JUSTIFY ANY ACTION OF THEIR GOD. DEBATING THEM IS A WASTE OF TIME IN MY OPINION. cry

Are you a good person? undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSUKIhjevo
Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by LordReed(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

I don't see you disgusted with those who propagate and defend fairytales such as leprechauns and unicorns.

I will also be disgusted with them if they came up with defense of genocide based on their belief in leprechauns and unicorns.

1 Like

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by sonmvayina(m): 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2019
God is consciousness personified... So the battles are within..
Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2019
LordReed:

I will also be disgusted with them if they came up with defense of genocide based on their belief in leprechauns and unicorns.

There is nothing more dangerous than atheists playing God. cool

Re: Did God Commit Genocide In The Old Testament? by LordReed(m): 5:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

There is nothing more dangerous than atheists playing God. cool

Non sequitur

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Most Powerful Traditional Herbalist And Native Doctor In Nigeria / Nigerian Prophet Releases Shocking 2020 Prophecies For Country / Sonmvayina, Do Not Speak So Arrogantly And Foolishly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.