Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 (70113 Views)

NECO Releases June/July 2019 Examination Results / Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC - Full List / FG Shuts 21 Illegal Universities, Fake NYSC Camps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by EduTechTainMent: 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
Recently I read a thread where an aggrieved NL'der complained about NYSC denying his sister her discharge certificate after serving her fatherland.

https://www.nairaland.com/5323208/nysc-discriminates-against-benin-republic

The foremost university education regulatory agency in Nigeria, the NUC recently released a list of about 60 institutions in the country considered as illegal. The NUC said the list isn't even exhaustive and warned the general public about patronising such institutions.

It warns that "Certificates obtained from these sources will not be recognised for the purpose of NYSC, employment or further studies".

Good move, don't you think? Public awareness is key in the fight against the menace of these mushroom universities. It will save many from the financial and psychological trauma resulting from falling victims of this parasitic institutions.

Cc: Lalasticlala let people know. Ignorance is not an excuse. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Find the list attached below.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by saintjimos(m): 6:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
first time
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by EduTechTainMent: 6:06pm On Jul 29, 2019
saintjimos:
first time

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

I believe more will follow soon. The NUC has a capable and credible leadership now. They would gradually do same for other universities in neighbouring countries I believe. This is the way to go.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by hisexcellency34: 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
How can you close down Kingdom of Christ university? This people no fear God oooo

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by Femich18(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2019
I'm very sure those illegal schools will have students. Most of their students will surely be those candidate that JAMB has jammed severally.
Instead for them to calm down and prepare harder they won't, they all want to be an undergraduate at all cost hence they fall into the hands of these scammers

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by chibu4u2(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2019
otherwise list of universities without strong connection/govt backing or could not bribe NUC.
Coz majority of the universities in Nigeria today are still below standard

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by Trippledee(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2019
This is really good

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by Patosky4U: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2019
Nice one from the NUC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2019
The names sound like jokes self

undecided

3 Likes

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by toprealman: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2019
Wonder when "fake" places of "worship" will be closed down

7 Likes

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by kareemkamil(m): 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
Nice one to Buhari Government

3 Likes

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by Zico5(m): 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
These mushroom universities have destroyed so many lives by rendering them ineffective and waste their time and money. Though many will still patronize them but it's good the way Federal government has barn them.
Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by RDPMAN: 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
Cool
Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by mikkycoins(m): 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
Kingdom of Christ university Kwa
FGGC Okigwe has more structures than these quack universities
Somebody will just wake up,rent a storey building, find a catchy name for it and dupe thousands of students all in the name of awarding degrees.

7 Likes

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by Sammy0two(m): 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2019
EduTechTainMent:
Recently I read a thread where an aggrieved NL'der complained about NYSC denying his sister her discharge certificate after serving her fatherland.

https://www.nairaland.com/5323208/nysc-discriminates-against-benin-republic

The foremost university education regulatory agency in Nigeria, the NUC recently released a list of about 60 institutions in the country considered as illegal. The NUC said the list isn't even exhaustive and warned the general public about patronising such institutions.

It warns that "Certificates obtained from these sources will not be recognised for the purpose of NYSC, employment or further studies".

Good move, don't you think? Public awareness is key in the fight against the menace of these mushroom universities. It will save many from the financial and psychological trauma resulting from falling victims of this parasitic institutions.

Cc: Lalasticlala let people know. Ignorance is not an excuse. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Find the list attached below.

nice

2 Likes

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by Bolustical: 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2019
yes
Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by SeunPhantom(m): 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2019
lipsrsealed Is me or i am i see ACADA university?

6 Likes

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by seangy4konji: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2019
Majority are in the east and muddle belt..

Good riddance.. Money making ventures.

1 Like

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by Seyijoe: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2019
It's nice but am considering the people that will be affected as a student........
Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by SSAwhistleblowe: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2019
Nawa o all sorts of names... university education don turn to rubbish
Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by meezynetwork(m): 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
Nice
Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
Please I didnt see the university that has the highest population of Nigerian students on facebook which is University of Oxford or Oxford University. Almost every person in facebook has "Attended Oxford University " in their profile undecided

10 Likes

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by abeyaktech: 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
University without campus grin grin

1 Like

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by blackboy(m): 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2019
Does NUC now have the powers to say those who can be employed or not? If I decide to employ them then what I will be fined or is it not my business. Rubbish.

Your list is noted

2 Likes

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by Emily22(m): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2019
The accredited ones ,dere graduates never see job.....

1 Like

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by uuzba(m): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2019
hisexcellency34:
How can you close down Kingdom of Christ university? This people no fear God oooo
The university that is using Christ's name for substandard activities nko?

2 Likes

Re: List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 by dedolampy: 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
no matter how they try,the youths will never be as educated as before, now we have lots of distraction, social media number 1.
back den the only entertainment for students was reading. now a student who have exam tomorrow will make sure he stays awake to watch bbnaija, and this nigeria economy and environment is not even conducive for learning, talk less of the universities.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drey's Anatomy: An Insight Into My First Preclinical Year / Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-akoko: Post Ume Date Is Out! / OAU Student Dressed As A Sexy Nun Turns Heads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.