Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Is Nigeria Facing A Mental Health Crisis? [ Al Jazeera: The Stream ] - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Nigeria Facing A Mental Health Crisis? [ Al Jazeera: The Stream ] (494 Views)

Help!!! My Sister Is Having A Mental Health Challenge / Dark Days In Nigeria ' Facing The Real Convid19' I Weep For Us!!!! / Ministry Of Health Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Facing A Mental Health Crisis? [ Al Jazeera: The Stream ] by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 30, 2019
Three in ten Nigerians suffer from mental health issues according to the country’s ministry of health. The country also ranks 15th in the world for suicide. What’s worse, resources to help those in need are scarce.

Nigeria only has eight public mental health hospitals, and only one of those facilities is in Northeastern Nigeria where people are still reeling from the traumas inflicted by the war between government forces and the Boko Haram armed group.

Since traditional services remain deficient, many mental health advocates have taken unconventional approaches to tackling the crisis. The nonprofit NEEM foundation offers counseling services via kekes, or motorized tricycle taxis, while counsellors with the Mentally Aware Nigeria Initiative (MANI) use social media platforms like WhatsApp and Twitter to reach people.

On this episode of The Stream, we’ll ask a panel of mental health experts what more can be done to address Nigeria's deficit in care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjdQUJRUeH4
Re: Is Nigeria Facing A Mental Health Crisis? [ Al Jazeera: The Stream ] by athaboi(f): 12:57am On Jul 30, 2019
Issorite
Re: Is Nigeria Facing A Mental Health Crisis? [ Al Jazeera: The Stream ] by tydi(m): 12:59am On Jul 30, 2019
grin

I have started the business of selling my likes.
If I like your post I will contact you with my account details.. Its cheap and affordable.. I sell 1 like for just 200 naira.
So patronize me, by making sensible comments so my business can move forward.. Thanks.
Re: Is Nigeria Facing A Mental Health Crisis? [ Al Jazeera: The Stream ] by kgpharoah: 1:10am On Jul 30, 2019
Many are mad in Nigeria. Only few are roaming.

(1) (Reply)

Get A Hearing Aid At 70% Discount Of It Normal Price. / Cream Of Tartar Health Benefits For Weight Loss, UTI, Smoking / Heating Sensation All Over My Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.