Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,565 members, 7,847,349 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:54 PM

I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic (4719 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / The Problematic Peugeot 307 / I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by Unrated900(m): 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2019
lol I keep saying it mechanic is the problem

Taking a mechanic to buy a car is the worst mistake anyone should ever do.

Mechanic will surely have fought for his own gain and your friend as well

Sorry they turned you to atm

Take the car and scan it

Fix the error codes and sell it

Just be ready assured that you have lost close to

That’s what we call business gone wrong
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by diportivo: 2:37pm On Aug 01, 2019
Unrated900:
lol I keep saying it mechanic is the problem

Taking a mechanic to buy a car is the worst mistake anyone should ever do.

who should we now take?a pastor??

Mechanic will surely have fought for his own gain and your friend as well

Sorry they turned you to atm

Take the car and scan it

well said

Fix the error codes and sell it

why sell after you have fixed what's wrong with the car??....this ur advice na wa o

Just be ready assured that you have lost close to

That’s what we call business gone wrong
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by valarinz: 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2019
obekediamondfuto:
In cases like this, I now understand why valarinz will always insist u bring a mechanic to inspect.....

If u like bring kazeem, once money changes hands.... Godspeed....

My cousin drove my ride on Sunday and told me it was overheating, I asked him to snap the temp gauge and show me......
Guess what, it was @ the middle....
I'm sure if that was a weekday, he would already be at one mechanic that would have started dissecting the ride.......

My point? When you buy anything, and u later discover that it is not what u expected.... Always carry the seller along..... It's important to do this.....

Not everyone knows that temp needle being @ the middle is NORMAL..... heck my former 03 Camry never got to the middle.... Highest was 1/4 ......

I'm sure if it had reached the middle as at then, I for give mechanic to touch....

My emphasis again, is on the need to carry the seller along..... It is very very important...

My ex-eod, empty tank means 1/4 of the gauge.... Buyer called me halfway that vehicle refused to start (from abakaliki to Enugu) I asked him if there is fuel because I told him of that particular issue with the gauge... He told me that he forgot immediately he entered the highway.....

U see?
He could have started tampering with fuel pump, nozzles ET all..... And then later come and want to dump the ride with me all in the name of refund!

I wouldnt have accepted it as well...

Again, my point is to carry the seller along.....
Every issue has a history! Don't go and start tampering with stuff (probably unrelated and with a Kareem) all in the name of repairing a ride u just bought WITHOUT carrying the seller along

Contrary to what you believe, i don't operate this way.

Same reason why you've not seen any negative thread opened to call me out on NL despite being in the biz for years, note that I'm not as connected as some of you who have assess to mods who delete threads that portrays them in bad light

Many a times I've taken a serious loss on similar issues when u sell a car and it develops issues which was previously not there within a very short time frame as not to excuse you the seller of any liability.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:37am On Aug 02, 2019
valarinz:

Contrary to what you believe, i don't operate this way.

Same reason why you've not seen any negative thread opened to call me out on NL despite being in the biz for years, note that I'm not as connected as some of you who have assess to mods who delete threads that portrays them in bad light

Many a times I've taken a serious loss on similar issues when u sell a car and it develops issues which was previously not there within a very short time frame as not to excuse you the seller of any liability.

you understood the post wrong!
I see why u insist on bringing mechanic to assess.

also once money changes hand, Godspeed....

my point is, at least a mechanic came to assess what is and what is not....

once the deal is completed, I not u... this time, wish the buyer Godspeed because the person cannot come and tell me A B C when I am sure it was X Y Z.
and I always insist to be carried along whenever there is a new development..... it might be that there is already a workaround in place but I must be one of the first people to know....

seriously I was surprised that someone would buy a car, travel with it after 2 days, tranny parked up and he started repairing it.... if I were the seller, I'd send my mechanic to where the guy is to assess and resolve the challenge..... IF HE HAD TOLD ME

I'm not being humorous, I am serious...

I have sold off my 3 cars in the past so selling (on a very very small scale) is not new to me sha.....

no vex if the post is perceived that way...

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by valarinz: 6:24am On Aug 02, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

you understood the post wrong!
I see why u insist on bringing mechanic to assess.

also once money changes hand, Godspeed....

my point is, at least a mechanic came to assess what is and what is not....

once the deal is completed, I not u... this time, wish the buyer Godspeed because the person cannot come and tell me A B C when I am sure it was X Y Z.
and I always insist to be carried along whenever there is a new development..... it might be that there is already a workaround in place but I must be one of the first people to know....

seriously I was surprised that someone would buy a car, travel with it after 2 days, tranny parked up and he started repairing it.... if I were the seller, I'd send my mechanic to where the guy is to assess and resolve the challenge..... IF HE HAD TOLD ME

I'm not being humorous, I am serious...

I have sold off my 3 cars in the past so selling (on a very very small scale) is not new to me sha.....

no vex if the post is perceived that way...

Ok, understood

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

not somebori.... people, companies, authorities....

at least for now!
Well all of them are not serious, including 'at least for now!'
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by Rubbiish(m): 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2019
I never knew so many Toyota enemies full nairaland like this. Instead of focusing on advising. Them dey beef Toyota lol...op this is not a serious issue, get a good mechanic to scan it and fix the car. If you get a tokunbo car, u will still spend. Seems this is ur first car
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by drmikeadams(m): 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2019
[quote author=weyreypey post=80794115]
The Camry bigdaddy is a very nonsensical car[/quote grin grin]

Them suppose call that car toyota BIG MUMU

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by adisaaowala: 7:18am On Aug 03, 2019
obekediamondfuto:
In cases like this, I now understand why valarinz will always insist u bring a mechanic to inspect.....

If u like bring kazeem, once money changes hands.... Godspeed....

My cousin drove my ride on Sunday and told me it was overheating, I asked him to snap the temp gauge and show me......
Guess what, it was @ the middle....
I'm sure if that was a weekday, he would already be at one mechanic that would have started dissecting the ride.......

My point? When you buy anything, and u later discover that it is not what u expected.... Always carry the seller along..... It's important to do this.....

Not everyone knows that temp needle being @ the middle is NORMAL..... heck my former 03 Camry never got to the middle.... Highest was 1/4 ......

I'm sure if it had reached the middle as at then, I for give mechanic to touch....

My emphasis again, is on the need to carry the seller along..... It is very very important...

My ex-eod, empty tank means 1/4 of the gauge...
. Buyer called me halfway that vehicle refused to start (from abakaliki to Enugu) I asked him if there is fuel because I told him of that particular issue with the gauge... He told me that he forgot immediately he entered the highway.....

U see?
He could have started tampering with fuel pump, nozzles ET all..... And then later come and want to dump the ride with me all in the name of refund!

I wouldnt have accepted it as well...

Again, my point is to carry the seller along.....
Every issue has a history! Don't go and start tampering with stuff (probably unrelated and with a Kareem) all in the name of repairing a ride u just bought WITHOUT carrying the seller along

I dey get this exact issue with my 2008 accord

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alloy Rim Vs Normal Rim / Made In Aba Electric Kekee / Nissan Murano Vs Infiniti FX35. Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.