Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic (4670 Views)

Ever Since I Bought A Mercedes Benz, It's Been One Trouble To Another / The Problematic Peugeot 307 / I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by jubrilar(m): 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
A friend of mine informed me about his colleagues car which he want me to buy because the car is very good . I went there with a mechanic. Though the mechanic complained about fuel pump and little things which he believes it will be resolved with little money. I was not convotable but my friend confused me that the car was good that he always drove the car and he know when he bought the car. I agreed base on my friend word which i transferred to his colleague. I asked my friend to brought the car home from Gbagada to mushin. On his arrival, I noticed the car was doing overheating.... I wanted to reject the car but my friend still insist that the issue is minor. I have spend 40k so far to service and change something and the issue is yet to be resolved. Please advise me on what to do.

Should i contact the owner to return my money if it will be possible or request for money to sort out the issue as the mechanic told us that we need to replace the catalyst of the car and other things which I didn't plan to spend. The car is Toyota big dadday 2003 and he sold it 800k for me.
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by ricki: 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
Hmmm.....
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by degamonn: 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
Apart from the overheating, what other problem do you experience with the car? secondly you mentioned removal of catalyst, it could be catalyst if and only if the vehicle is not firing properly. Does it fire very well? if does, I don't think is catalyst.
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by RZArecta2(m): 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
Your worst enemy na him go be your best friend grin

The deed has been done already, I advise to stop throwing parts at the car and get a very good mechanic who will scan the vehicle and pinpoint the problems out to you. Hopefully it’s nothing serious but make sure you tell your so called friend thank you for making you buy a money pit then avoid him thereafter

5 Likes

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by badoh(m): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
Oga, take the car to a qualified mechanic that will use modern tool to scan the problem. Dont let all these roadside mechanic drain you of your hard earned money. Adding 300 to 400k to the 800k will have gotten you a 1999 or 2001 tokunbo toyota camry and you would have saved yourselves all these stress you are passing through.
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by jubrilar(m): 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
[/quote]thanks for the advise bros
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by Raysleek: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2019
Only in Nigeria and nairaland people will advertise scrap and tell you...first body, engine and gear in perfect condition.
Run from Nigerian used vehicles. Most people in Nigeria only sell of their vehicles when it has started giving one problem or the other

3 Likes

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by jubrilar(m): 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2019
The car is not firing properly...but I will try and scan and know where the problem is. Thanks for the advise
degamonn:
Apart from the overheating, what other problem do you experience with the car? secondly you mentioned removal of catalyst, it could be catalyst if and only if the vehicle is not firing properly. Does it fire very well? if does, I don't think is catalyst.
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by Lexusgs430: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
jubrilar:
A friend of mine informed me about his colleagues car which he want me to buy because the car is very good . I went there with a mechanic. Though the mechanic complained about fuel pump and little things which he believes it will be resolved with little money. I was not convotable but my friend confused me that the car was good that he always drove the car and he know when he bought the car. I agreed base on my friend word which i transferred to his colleague. I asked my friend to brought the car home from Gbagada to mushin. On his arrival, I noticed the car was doing overheating.... I wanted to reject the car but my friend still insist that the issue is minor. I have spend 40k so far to service and change something and the issue is yet to be resolved. Please advise me on what to do.

Should i contact the owner to return my money if it will be possible or request for money to sort out the issue as the mechanic told us that we need to replace the catalyst of the car and other things which I didn't plan to spend. The car is Toyota big dadday 2003 and he sold it 800k for me.

Your friend don collect commission.........

5 Likes

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by Lexusgs430: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2019
jubrilar:

Why would you spend 800K, on an overheating Big Daddy......... You don buy market..........

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by diportivo: 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
i do not believe that a toyota can give issues so much so that buyer wants to return it to seller

the almighty toyota that cant go wrong shocked

camry for that matter shocked

isnt Toyota the next best thing after sliced bread?

16 Likes

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by thebigkendo(m): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2019
diportivo:
i do not believe that a toyota can give issues so much so that buyer wants to return it to seller

I swear down. Toyota big daddy weh no dey get problem at all... Camry the best thing after okpa

5 Likes

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by ruby360: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
Return the car and request for your money

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by weyreypey: 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2019
diportivo:

I am coming to ikorodu o...
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by weyreypey: 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2019
jubrilar:

Eventually a new engine, radiator... Who knows? What do I even know? If you can collect your money back... kindly do so.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by AutoMoTech(m): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
diportivo:

Hahahaha lwkmd. No let Kingreign and Gazzuzz catch U o grin

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by AutoMoTech(m): 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
jubrilar:

relax brother. I would suggest you post detailed pictures so we even see what you got.
Secondly, like earlier suggested, kindly inform your friend and seller about your ordeal. Then get a competent tech to help you carry out a deep analysis of the whole systems to know what you will need to fix. Get the financial implications. Then get in touch with the seller probably have a discussion based in the figures to find a way out probably paying U for the cost of fixing.
Finally, dont judge ur friend yet. If truly he is your friend he , might not know about the whole thing. Also be careful, he might not be a true friend.
My 2 cents

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by autologic: 7:17am On Jul 31, 2019
jubrilar:

Try to see if you can return the car to the seller unless you dont mind coughing out 200k to do standard repair cos this car has been heavily kazeemised .

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by weyreypey: 8:05am On Jul 31, 2019
jubrilar:

The Camry bigdaddy is a very nonsensical car
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2019
Then somebody will come here tomorrow and say Toyota has the best second value in the world. Come oo, see some body's son that just bought a big daddy that wants to blow up on the road oo. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by homeboy205: 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2019
The seller knew what he was selling and the OP mind was telling him but his friend isn’t his REAL friend cos he was suppose to be with OP judgement but he PUSHED him to buy the car

Op should scan the car it will be a misfire putting much load on the engine

Kelvin30286063:
Then somebody will come here tomorrow and say Toyota has the best second value in the world. Come oo, see some body's son that just bought a big daddy that wants to blow up on the road oo. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:23am On Aug 01, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

not somebori.... people, companies, authorities....

at least for now!
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:25am On Aug 01, 2019
jubrilar:

you can contact the owner and explain things to him....
he is supposed to let u know the details of every every....
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:27am On Aug 01, 2019
thebigkendo:

I swear down. Toyota big daddy weh no dey get problem at all... Camry the best thing after okpa

There is only one known car with bulletproof engine....

CC dru33
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:29am On Aug 01, 2019
weyreypey:

The Camry bigdaddy is a very nonsensical car

So is the corolla, but the cost of owning a 16yr old model of same vehicle will cost you something serious!
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:40am On Aug 01, 2019
I am just suprised at everyones focus.....

What happened to the mechanic that was taken there to assess the vehicle?

How long did they drive it that they didn't know it was overheating,,,,,,,
I know this car well, for an overheating aluminium engine, it doesn't need a very long drive cycle....

And an already overheated aluminium engine is already almost dead.....

It's not about the Toyota or the unnecessary things that we are focusing on........

Gbagada to mushin is not a long distance.....
Anyways from what the op said, the mechanic warned him already of some pending issues, but his friend went ahead to encourage him....

And the mechanic concurred that fixing the ride is not going to be a biggie.....

The seller is only happy that u guys have gone....
I just hope he won't deny the overheating issues as u brought your mechanic to inspect....

Reminds me of those days when we used to buy stuff from container direct @ apapa.... Electricals will be tested in front of u/by u.... And branded tested OK... If u go home and it doesn't work.... Oyo...

@ op, talk to the seller and most importantly, if that mechanic doesn't know what he is doing, then its better to change him...

How can one diagnose something and I pay for it based on his information them later I begin to hear another thing?
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:52am On Aug 01, 2019
In cases like this, I now understand why valarinz will always insist u bring a mechanic to inspect.....

If u like bring kazeem, once money changes hands.... Godspeed....

My cousin drove my ride on Sunday and told me it was overheating, I asked him to snap the temp gauge and show me......
Guess what, it was @ the middle....
I'm sure if that was a weekday, he would already be at one mechanic that would have started dissecting the ride.......

My point? When you buy anything, and u later discover that it is not what u expected.... Always carry the seller along..... It's important to do this.....

Not everyone knows that temp needle being @ the middle is NORMAL..... heck my former 03 Camry never got to the middle.... Highest was 1/4 ......

I'm sure if it had reached the middle as at then, I for give mechanic to touch....

My emphasis again, is on the need to carry the seller along..... It is very very important...

My ex-eod, empty tank means 1/4 of the gauge.... Buyer called me halfway that vehicle refused to start (from abakaliki to Enugu) I asked him if there is fuel because I told him of that particular issue with the gauge... He told me that he forgot immediately he entered the highway.....

U see?
He could have started tampering with fuel pump, nozzles ET all..... And then later come and want to dump the ride with me all in the name of refund!

I wouldnt have accepted it as well...

Again, my point is to carry the seller along.....
Every issue has a history! Don't go and start tampering with stuff (probably unrelated and with a Kareem) all in the name of repairing a ride u just bought WITHOUT carrying the seller along

4 Likes

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by AutoMoTech(m): 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
obekediamondfuto:
In cases like this, I now understand why valarinz will always insist u bring a mechanic to inspect.....

If u like bring kazeem, once money changes hands.... Godspeed....

My cousin drove my ride on Sunday and told me it was overheating, I asked him to snap the temp gauge and show me......
Guess what, it was @ the middle....
I'm sure if that was a weekday, he would already be at one mechanic that would have started dissecting the ride.......

My point? When you buy anything, and u later discover that it is not what u expected.... Always carry the seller along..... It's important to do this.....

Not everyone knows that temp needle being @ the middle is NORMAL..... heck my former 03 Camry never got to the middle.... Highest was 1/4 ......

I'm sure if it had reached the middle as at then, I for give mechanic to touch....

My emphasis again, is on the need to carry the seller along..... It is very very important...

My ex-eod, empty tank means 1/4 of the gauge.... Buyer called me halfway that vehicle refused to start (from abakaliki to Enugu) I asked him if there is fuel because I told him of that particular issue with the gauge... He told me that he forgot immediately he entered the highway.....

U see?
He could have started tampering with fuel pump, nozzles ET all..... And then later come and want to dump the ride with me all in the name of refund!

I wouldnt have accepted it as well...

Again, my point is to carry the seller along.....
Every issue has a history! Don't go and start tampering with stuff (probably unrelated and with a Kareem) all in the name of repairing a ride u just bought WITHOUT carrying the seller along

wise words. I second the motion.

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by thebigkendo(m): 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

There is only one known car with bulletproof engine....

CC dru32

with a wooden transmission grin grin grin
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by AshipaEk0: 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2019
Lol.

You mean say Toyota dey get problem?

Wawuu

This is news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:37pm On Aug 01, 2019
thebigkendo:

with a wooden transmission grin grin grin

Hahahahahahaha, hope dru hasn't been banned, e don tey oh
Re: I Bought A Toyato Camry Big Daddy Which Turned To Be A Problematic by weyreypey: 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

not somebori.... people, companies gazzuzz autos, kingreign, authorities....

at least for now!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enviroshade / What Are The Disadvantages Of Buying 07/08/09 Camry V6 / Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.