Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria (62776 Views)

Some Tips On Buying Used/second-hand Cars / 14 Most Common Problems With Used And Second-hand Cars / Did America & Europe Bribed Nigeria Government To Change To Left Hand Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by JuanDeDios: 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2019
pocohantas:
Why are people making the dumping ground statement?

It is not like Nigerians can afford brand new cars. Is this not the country where people buy 2003 cars and call it "brand new"?

There will always be market (demand) for fairly used things. If they are clean title cars, we are good to go. This is me addressing the "dumping ground" talk.
I think it's the state of the cars people are concerned about. In the interest of the environment, you'd expect our government to put checks in place to ensure only cars in good conditions are brought in, but that's not what we'll get.

2 Likes

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by adioolayi(m): 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2019
Why buying accidental, refurbished cars, when you can get good used "non-accidental" one grin grin

2 Likes

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Akposkool(m): 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2019
Guys it's fairly used so quit the dumping ground talks. Una go fit buy new cars before? Or are our roads even good enough to drive new cars?

4 Likes

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2019
martineverest:
the car u or Ur relatives are riding are they new?

Yes, Brand spanking new............ Don't get jealous......
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by grandstar(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
Government should slash the import duty on cars so Nigerians can benefit from the consumer side of global trade.

Also, the once prospering car market can also be revived

7 Likes

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Holocene(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lol.....even Niggas who cant buy bicycle will still come out to say Nigeria is dumping ground.....lol grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by ednut1(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
pocohantas:

It is not like Nigerians can afford brand new cars. Is this not the country where people buy 2003 cars and call it "brand new"?

There will always be market (demand) for fairly used things. If they are clean title cars, we are good to go. This is me addressing the "dumping ground" talk.
why you so mean. Reminding me that i saved a year plus to buy one of such. The ac no even dey work

3 Likes

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
[s]
Owutuotuo:
China keying to a yawning advantage by ripping us of our hard earned forex. If government does not place stringent duties on these cars, the new companies built for assemblage will crumble right in our faces.
This is a spillage from the trade war with the US -two fighting elephants with the grass suffering. May we learn on time before it gets unbearably worse.
[/s]

I'm coming back to modify grin

1 Like

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
pocohantas:

this move have far reaching consequences I tell you

2 Likes

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by NothingDoMe: 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
pocohantas:

kiss
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lexusgs430:
It has finished........... All sort of cloned vehicles, arriving this dumping ground soonest.......

Plus some of the cars might have serious safety issues, China will sell off the cars atbvery cheap prices so that importers from Nigeria will ignore North America and Europe which are the major places tokunbo cars come into Nigeria

1 Like

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Mikepenny5(m): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
Great
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by haryothosyn93(m): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
We are writing to second slave trade again
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Bawofss(m): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
car go kum cheap
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by louken(m): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
If the cars are clean title and in good condition and the prices are affordable, we are good to go. To hell with America. But I don't trust China products o
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by blackmantis: 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
Chai

我们受苦了
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Plus some of the cars might have serious safety issues, China will sell off the cars atbvery cheap prices so that importers from Nigeria will ignore North America and Europe which are the major places tokunbo cars come into Nigeria

That is the master plan........ Those that have been craving for baby Range Rovers....... Can now buy LANDWIND.....

4 Likes

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Officer4: 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
ridonebabat:
Nigeria, an official dumping ground
Do you have an alternative?

1 Like

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by hopexter(m): 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
300 cars exported to Nigeria and get $2.5 million dollars ONLY in return. 40 cars alone will provide that amount if not more than, the rest 260 cars is dumping ground benefits grin grin
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Kay25(m): 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
[quote author=correctyourself post=80779229]

Can you buy a new car? Talk is cheap.talk to the authorities who are not making the economy buoyant to afford a new car..some years ago it was affordable ask your parents

1 Like

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 9:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
Great opportunity to start importing from China at cheaper rates ... where are my shenyang friends
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Flier: 9:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
Clone Toyota cars loading grin
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Barely44(m): 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
I will finally get the used apple car I’ve being hearing about.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Flier: 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
louken:
If the cars are clean title and in good condition and the prices are affordable, we are good to go. To hell with America. But I don't trust China products o
Some of them are cloned lol you are going to waste your money
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by stanliwiser: 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
martineverest:
just look at hypocritical comments up there....most of those commenters and their relatives actually purchased 'tokumbo' cars and they are here criticising importation of second hand cars
stop being emotional, Nigeria with our oil resources is still unable to manufacture even toothpick and small products for itself, wr import practically everything we used. We are a dumping ground, accept it or leave it.
Whether hypocritical or not, China has dumped almost all there products here.

5 Likes

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ugosample:

this move have far reaching consequences I tell you

Yeah cars made for the Chinese market have totally different specifications than cars made for the European and American market. The bulk of where Nigerians buy from. So where would the parts be gotten from alongside repair information lipsrsealed
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Kay25(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
my fear is China can't be trusted with those cars too much of sub- standard product from them it will just be the same as the chinCo phones they bring in for us doubt they won't start bringing cars with two batteries and extra steering self

3 Likes

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2019
martineverest:
the car u or Ur relatives are riding are they new?

Ask yourself one question...... What happened to all those Chinese Taxi's Fashola supplied............

Expect worse on a wholesale level.........
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by desiredhome: 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2019
correctyourself:

Can you buy a new car? Talk is cheap.
Nigeria is a dumping ground, a consumer and not producer, the people of China do not have 2 heads, why is Africa/Nigeria now a dumping ground.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by ochiosa(m): 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
We are in trouble o, Chinese new cars are no good and they want to bring old ones.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by piagetskinner(m): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
All those talking trash, how many of you own brand new cars?... not official cars oo, cos that one no be your own na government motor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures / Toyota Camry AGL627FT Snatched At Gunpoint In Kwara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.