Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,875 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria (62774 Views)

Some Tips On Buying Used/second-hand Cars / 14 Most Common Problems With Used And Second-hand Cars / Did America & Europe Bribed Nigeria Government To Change To Left Hand Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Galadimabawa: 7:21am On Jul 31, 2019
I guess my time to get a car is getting near now, same as when China begin to sell handset to us.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 31, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Most Nigerians can't afford brand new cars

So this is a welcome development.
So the Toyota we have been using isn't a welcome development. Wait for it, more accidents and more death.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 7:54am On Jul 31, 2019
beamtopola:

So the Toyota we have been using isn't a welcome development. Wait for it, more accidents and more death.

They don't know they are simply buying death traps and mobile coffins.....

Chinese manufactured vehicles failed all safety tests new...... Imagine how they would serve, used........
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by bigpicture001: 8:29am On Jul 31, 2019
China is a destroyer of developing nations
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by delishpot: 8:51am On Jul 31, 2019
Logobenz2:
Take your stupidity out of my mentions!
Such a dumbass.spits angry

Hahaha, read my comment and then read yours and tell me who is a dumb and even dirtier @ss. Even though you pretend to be smart, I am sure you have learnt something new. Feel free to pretend and deny it. I u derstand how years of low self esteem has made you foul mouthed and angry when your ignorance is exposed and attended to. grin grin
Your mouth is frothing with excreta. Wipe your mouth.... Oh sorry you typed out of your brain? Wipe the shit off your brain. You are among the "I'm dumb stupid but in my head I know I am smart" ignorant youth gearing to bring Nigeria to a 5th world country if you are not tamed. grin grin
Ignorant soul says he knows what dumping is then proceeds to define importation grin grin grin grin
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by sorepco(m): 9:00am On Jul 31, 2019
he cant afford it. but the fg should creat an enabling environment where u can get a loan to buy a brand new car like it is
done elsewhere....
less than 70% of british people can buy a car or house outright. they need help thru loans to do so.

correctyourself:

Can you afford a new car? Talk is cheap.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Logobenz2: 9:00am On Jul 31, 2019
delishpot:

Hahaha, read my comment and then read yours and tell me who is a dumb and even dirtier @ss. Even though you pretend to be smart, I am sure you have learnt something new. Feel free to pretend and deny it. I u derstand how years of low self esteem has made you foul mouthed and angry when your ignorance is exposed and attended to. grin grin
Your mouth is frothing with excreta. Wipe your mouth.... Oh sorry you typed out of your brain? Wipe the shit off your brain. You are among the "I'm dumb stupid but in my head I know I am smart" ignorant youth gearing to bring Nigeria to a 5th world country if you are not tamed. grin grin
Ignorant soul says he knows what dumping is then proceeds to define importation grin grin grin grin
The internet,the only place poor people get relevance.
Trust me,I won't give it to you today wink
Go borrow bread chop,e go give you small sense cheesy
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Logobenz2: 9:01am On Jul 31, 2019
sorepco:
he cant afford it. but the fg should creat an enabling environment where u can get a loan to buy a brand new car like it is
done elsewhere....
less than 70% of british people can buy a car or house outright. they need help thru loans to do so.

hi.
Please I'll like to ask if your moniker was inspired by societe sorepco Douala?
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by delishpot: 9:22am On Jul 31, 2019
Logobenz2:
The internet,the only place poor people get relevance.
Trust me,I won't give it to you today wink
Go borrow bread chop,e go give you small sense cheesy

Poor? grin grin The only luck you have is that I have decided to not let my ego push me if not, I know how to deal with foul mouthed, $hit leaking people like you who think an attack is the best defence. You straight up explained importation calling it dumping. 1 man or a bunch of smugglers like you can not do dumping into a country. What China (note, not a few Chinese traders but CHINA) is doing is either trash dumping or dumping to get rid of competitors and corner the market.
That simple smuggling business you did and call it dumping ain't it.
I am ready for your big mouth. Come spill more shit. After all na your mouth go smell not mine grin
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by VORTGATEENERGY: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2019
wow. good idea
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by correctyourself(m): 9:46am On Jul 31, 2019
sorepco:
done elsewhere....

You better face the reality of life in Nigeria and stop this your dream, which would not come soon.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Logobenz2: 9:47am On Jul 31, 2019
delishpot:

Poor? grin grin The only luck you have is that I have decided to not let my ego push me if not, I know how to deal with foul mouthed, $hit leaking people like you who think an attack is the best defence. You straight up explained importation calling it dumping. 1 man or a bunch of smugglers like you can not do dumping into a country. What China (note, not a few Chinese traders but CHINA) is doing is either trash dumping or dumping to get rid of competitors and corner the market.
That simple smuggling business you did and call it dumping ain't it.
I am ready for your big mouth. Come spill more shit. After all na your mouth go smell not mine grin
lol @ self esteem.
You want to show off what you don't have?
Oh please....we can always show off in a private place where no one can see,if you don't mind.
Go back to your 50k job Now wink I'm trying to have breakfast,I'm sure you are slaving at your 9-5 job ATM.
Rat race motherfucker
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by missCAPS: 9:56am On Jul 31, 2019
I thought we were getting somewhere with Innoson undecided
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2019
momodub:
Hummm they are cleaning their country for electric cars

Exactly!
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by sorepco(m): 10:15am On Jul 31, 2019
what do u mean?i think we already have such in nigeria. knew a banker who bought himself n his wife brand new cars thru loan financing. so i think it cud be done on a larger scale with civil servants.its not a dream if its already being done here in naija.

correctyourself:

You better face the reality of life in Nigeria and stop this your dream, which would not come soon.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by AbdlRashid(m): 10:43am On Jul 31, 2019
Earthquake1:
Why can't we buy Innoson?

Innoson motors is as expensive as other new vehicles. It's just an asmblange company of vehicles.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 10:46am On Jul 31, 2019
sorepco:
what do u mean?i think we already have such in nigeria. knew a banker who bought himself n his wife brand new cars thru loan financing. so i think it cud be done on a larger scale with civil servants.its not a dream if its already being done here in naija.

Better go ask your banker what he is doing in that bank to buy BRAND NEW CARS, for himself and wife through loan financing. Maybe he is the MD of the bank. But then, Nigerians can abuse "brand new".
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by sorepco(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2019
he is legit. got the car a few millions and was to pay monthly thru his salary. every month a certain percentage is cut off his salary towards payment of this loan?!
pocohantas:

Better go ask your banker what he is doing in that bank to buy BRAND NEW CARS, for himself and wife through loan financing. Maybe he is the MD of the bank. But then, Nigerians can abuse "brand new".
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 31, 2019
Nigeria is a dumping ground.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 11:12am On Jul 31, 2019
sorepco:
he is legit. got the car a few millions and was to pay monthly thru his salary. every month a certain percentage is cut off his salary towards payment of this loan?!

Few millions bought BRAND NEW CAR?

Of course I know how it works. I was concerned about the BRAND NEW CAR(S). Car loans have always existed, but they are not accessible by majority of Nigerians, because the earning power of majority can not carry it.

Say he bought cars biko, not BRAND NEW CARS.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Logobenz2: 11:14am On Jul 31, 2019
Pattypatt:
Nigeria is a dumping ground.
any country can be a dumping ground,depending on how cheap whatever is in demand is from the sourcing country.
There was a time the USA too was a dumping ground for Chinese made sneakers.
When major brands like puma,Adidas,etc..all moved their major producing facilities to the far East due to lower taxes and cheap labour.
Not particularly a Nigerian problem.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 31, 2019
sorepco:

In this Buhari economy grin

Where I worked
Prourement of all but executive cars has been on hold
Corolla went from 6m to 17m or so. No can do.

Even upstream guys dey respect themselves
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Logobenz2: 11:15am On Jul 31, 2019
pocohantas:

Few millions bought BRAND NEW CAR?

Of course I know how it works. I was concerned about the BRAND NEW CAR(S). Car loans have always existed, but they are not accessible by majority of Nigerians, because the earning power of majority can not carry it.

Say he bought cars biko, not BRAND NEW CARS.
what if he bought brand new KIA picantos? undecided
Wasn't there a time they sold for 4mill or so?
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 31, 2019
Logobenz2:
any country can be a dumping ground,depending on how cheap whatever is in demand is from the sourcing country.
There was a time the USA too was a dumping ground for Chinese made sneakers.
When major brands like puma,Adidas,etc..all moved their major producing facilities to the far East due to lower taxes and cheap labour.
Not particularly a Nigerian problem.

Dumping ground implies low quality product. Are the sneakers low quality? In the US where consumer is king and they can hammer you with class action lawsuits

in nigeria, a lot of low quality product which would not be accepted in other places are brought in. things that ultimately cost you more in the long run. things that are dangerous and will not be accepted else where.

a lot of chinese made hoverboards are banned in the us because their batteries are not UL certifiied - which means that your hoverboard may blow up like a galaxy note 7 , with a much bigger explosion. so those hoverboards will come to nigeria, where they can kill people.same thing for 80% of those chinko android phones. they are not accepted in the west, but in naija anything goes. some of those devices ship with malware on board
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 11:21am On Jul 31, 2019
ornicus:

Where I worked

They don't know grin

You had really nice employers o. My former and current have car loans for staff, but they don't care about the cost out there o. They just structure it based on level(pay).

If you like, add money buy BRAND NEW KIA PICANTOS, e no concern them. No one was ever stupid enough to make such financial decision though. lipsrsealed
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Logobenz2: 11:22am On Jul 31, 2019
ornicus:

Where I worked

grin
2016 I guess cheesy
Someone gave me a job to procure 2 new SUVs(land cruiser and lx570) for him that was to go to another African country.
Went to Havillah motors around waterlines in phc,met with their manager,we sealed a great deal.
They even offered some wine and groundout,we gist for a bit and I knew it was a good deal.
Called the buyer,we agreed and he later said he can only mobilise that kind of liquidity in like 3 months.I said no problem.
3 months later,he called that he had the cash,I rushed there again only to be told another VERY HIGH price.
My brother na so the deal take cast oh grin grin grin
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Logobenz2: 11:24am On Jul 31, 2019
ornicus:

Dumping ground implies low quality product
. Are the sneakers low quality? In the US where consumer is king and they can hammer you with class action lawsuits

not necessarily.
We all know Adidas can never produce low quality products for the US market.
If you can get the same quality but at a lesser price than producing it in the US from another country,then the US in this case is a dumping ground for that same product.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 31, 2019
Logobenz2:
what if he bought brand new KIA picantos? undecided

na uni student go enjoy picanto

Wasn't there a time they sold for 4mill or so?

na so we move from buying corolla to leasing nissan versa - the end users were not happy

when your new car is a major step down in what you are used to - -

me sef, i had to do a car swap of sorts. i was all set to buy a colleagues kia rio. i got into the car, and i knew it was just not going to happen. the car was way too small.

in this lagos, i go even fear to drive that car. looks like a car that will sink in a pothole and never come out

1 Like

Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Logobenz2: 11:34am On Jul 31, 2019
If all of a sudden the dollar becomes too strong to the yuan,purchasing power of the dollar has increased to the yuan right?
THAT means one can purchase more with fewer dollars from China like it used to be.
At this point,manufacturers of the same product might reduce what they produce in the US or completely shutdown operations in the USA to start importing the same product from China.That way they get to save money and maximise profits on the same product of equal quality.
THAT product now floods the US market from China and in this case,the US is a dumping ground for that product.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by correctyourself(m): 11:36am On Jul 31, 2019
sorepco:

Thanks only for banker, to others the interest is not encouraging.
Re: China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria by Logobenz2: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2019
ornicus:

na so we move from buying corolla to leasing nissan versa - the end users were not happy

me sef, i had to do a car swap of sorts. i was all set to buy a colleagues kia rio. i gio into the car, and i knew it was just not going to happen. the car was way too small. na uni student go enjoy picanto
2016 humbled everybody that was making money locally while exporters cashed out big time on the naira collapse.
Then February 2017 the CBN decided to humble everyone making money from outside cheesy
They didn't see it coming.heart attack and panic everywhere.
Sorry about your experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures / Toyota Camry AGL627FT Snatched At Gunpoint In Kwara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.