Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media (33657 Views)

Do You Know You Can Make Money By Posting On Nairaland|N5000 For A Single Post / 8 Things Every Smartphone User Should Consider When Getting A New Phone / Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Kenneth10110(m): 11:07am On Jul 31, 2019
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by CanadaOrBust: 11:08am On Jul 31, 2019
mal24:
i dont even have a social media account at all

Lie. NL is social media and u must have account here to be able to post this
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by CanadaOrBust: 11:09am On Jul 31, 2019
Lexusgs430:
I agree with almost all..... But how would they use my telephone number........... lipsrsealed

You’d be surprised. They have ways. Something u won’t think of in a million years
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Lexusgs430: 11:12am On Jul 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

You’d be surprised. They have ways. Something u won’t think of in a million years

Like what ways..........
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by CanadaOrBust: 11:16am On Jul 31, 2019
jwarsee:

Visit: Suite B11, KenujO2 Mall, Behind Games Village, Opposite Bible Summit Church Along Gudu Road, Kaura District Abuja, FCT

Nigeria!! See how we have to give address. In organized climes it is “566 6th ave, NY, NY 10089”. Who did this to us??

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by CanadaOrBust: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Like what ways..........

Like they can call u with an irresistible offer and follow up with email. Once u click on it they steal all your passwords and banking info
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by BigBashiru: 11:24am On Jul 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Nigeria!! See how we have to give address. In organized climes it is “566 6th ave, NY, NY 10089”. Who did this to us??

Black Africans are a disgrace to humanity!!
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by nanauju(f): 11:24am On Jul 31, 2019
And don't force your political opinion on people. Makes no sense
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Lexusgs430: 11:25am On Jul 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Like they can call u with an irresistible offer and follow up with email. Once u click on it they steal all your passwords and banking info

They can't get me this way.....
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by CanadaOrBust: 11:35am On Jul 31, 2019
Lexusgs430:

They can't get me this way.....

This is just one example. Remember your phone number is tied to your social media. Someone can find out a lot about u just with your phone number. Example: truecaller will give them your name and address
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by NaijaTushboy(m): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2019
Davido comes to mind

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Lexusgs430: 11:41am On Jul 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

This is just one example. Remember your phone number is tied to your social media. Someone can find out a lot about u just with your phone number. Example: truecaller will give them your name and address

My address is not on truecaller or my SM accounts......

Once just has to be a step ahead of this scammers.... This is my point......

Anyone under 60 years has no reason to fall for this scammers..........
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by CanadaOrBust: 11:49am On Jul 31, 2019
Lexusgs430:

My address is not on truecaller or my SM accounts......

Once just has to be a step ahead of this scammers.... This is my point......

Anyone under 60 years has no reason to fall for this scammers..........

That’s exactly the point: one way to be ahead of them is not to unnecessarily blast your number.
BTW u can’t tell what true caller has on u
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Lexusgs430: 11:52am On Jul 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

That’s exactly the point: one way to be ahead of them is not to unnecessarily blast your number.
BTW u can’t tell what true caller has on u

Agreed..... Our details are on either one platform or another... But I would never be personally affected by a scam, through phishing........
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by CanadaOrBust: 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Agreed..... Our details are on either one platform or another... But I would never be personally affected by a scam, through phishing........

How about u receive an urgent email alert from your bank won’t u immediately click on it? - except it ain’t your bank.
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Lexusgs430: 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

How about u receive an urgent email alert from your bank won’t u immediately click on it? - except it ain’t your bank.

Never.... I mostly spam them......

I might open it to play around with their intelligence.... Obliging, by posting all wrong info....... Then delete afterwards......
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by CanadaOrBust: 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Never.... I mostly spam them......

I might open it to play around with their intelligence.... Obliging, by posting all wrong info....... Then delete afterwards......

Once u open it the malware is imbeded in your computer
Seems u don’t know much about these things
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Lexusgs430: 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Once u open it the malware is imbeded in your computer
Seems u don’t know much about these things

Malwares are embedded in attachments..... I never open attachments......
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by AreaFada2: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2019
Deestro:
grin

I post what ever the fuck_ I like, it's my cyber space undecided

My dear, depending on which country you live in and your aspirations in life, do it VERY carefully.

In some climes, just when you reach the pinnacle of your career, homophobic, bigoted or other controversial posts many years earlier can come to haunt you big time.

Many have lost sumptuous positions ready like that. While you are free to hold any views you like, putting them in the public arena can potentially cause you massive trouble when you least expect it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by CanadaOrBust: 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Malwares are embedded in attachments..... I never open attachments......

Sometimes the email is the attachment
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Lexusgs430: 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Sometimes the email is the attachment

I have malware detectors that scans and on real time protection...........

I think I am fairly protected......
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by SamzySamuel(m): 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2019
This one make sense shaa
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by MyGeneration(m): 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2019
If u stay in rivers state or bayelsa, except u are a miscreant dont flash cash or valuables on social media if not kidnapping is ur case.
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Adukpe19(m): 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2019
E tire me for them!
nrexzy:
Dem go gree hear?

Socal media na people home and life now oo
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Adukpe19(m): 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2019
By their comments we shall no them
Katier00:
Give us something new, we know all these

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by charleybam(m): 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2019
Tinaagboba:
I don't find this useful.common sense should should tell any individual what to do with their social life which are what you just listed.
Very true...its his opinion nd other people opinion doesn't count in social life
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Katier00(f): 2:23pm On Jul 31, 2019
Adukpe19:
By their comments we shall no them
na you get your mouth, use it as please
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by follock007(m): 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2019
Mutual Friends politics aka Leke leke catch am for me, have really killed people in my house so much that friends have taken a lead from them. Now their children are joing in on the game.
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2019
Truth. Your entire details becomes available to the intelligent community via social media.
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Deestro(f): 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2019
AreaFada2:

My dear, depending on which country you live in and your aspirations in life, do it VERY carefully.

In some climes, just when you reach the pinnacle of your career, homophobic, bigoted or other controversial posts many years earlier can come to haunt you big time.

Many have lost sumptuous positions ready like that. While you are free to hold any views you like, putting them in the public arena can potentially cause you massive trouble when you least expect it.

You made a valid point, but no matter what the fuck_ I post I'm very careful, thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Night Plan Works For 24 Hours On Saturday & Sunday / Mtn/onefinance 3,000 Quick Money / Full Features Of Harmony OS, As Huawei Unveils The OS For All Devices (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.