Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,039 members, 7,814,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media (33636 Views)

Do You Know You Can Make Money By Posting On Nairaland|N5000 For A Single Post / 8 Things Every Smartphone User Should Consider When Getting A New Phone / Top 8 Things You Should Do Immediately You Get A New Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by AAJ50(m): 8:48am On Jul 31, 2019
By - Alao Abiodun

Social Networking sites are like an addiction. We share so many details of our daily lives online, but we always seem to forget to be mindful of what we share about ourselves, our families, and our friends. There are some personal information that it is best not to share online.

Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, and Instagram are just some of the top networking sites that connect people around the world.

Sometimes we become too excited to share our thoughts, feelings, and important events. It has become a habit for us to share details about our daily lives.

The Internet is public, remember that! Once it is out into the Internet, it is out of your control and potentially can be used against you in the future.

Hence, be careful with what you share on social media because you never know when something could come back and haunt your life.

Here are 8 things that must be avoided:

* Unconfirmed news or Fake News – Imagine the trauma you can cause if the information is not verified. When the term “fake news” comes up, it is synonymous with creating or causing confusion which can lead to problems.

* Screenshots of personal conversations – The word itself says “private” If you do so, you might get good numbers of appreciations (Likes) for once. However, no one will value you, or would rather not share anything personal with you as they will have the feeling that you might share that conversation too.

* Your Home Address – Just avoid sharing your home address and personal phone number, unless your social profile is a very narrow one with few trustworthy people. If your profile is exactly the opposite and contains unknown people, refrain putting this at any cost. Don’t post where you live as you are making things easy for the bad guys. There’s a lot a criminal can do using just your address.

* Personal Phone Number(s) – While you may want your friends to be able to contact you, your real phone number can fall into the wrong hands through a social networking site.

* Your Financial Status – Whether you are a millionaire or middle class, don’t share your financial status with your online friends to avoid any negative exposure that might cause criminals to start haunting you.

* Explicit content – Never share such content even when you are out of your mind. The internet is huge, and things get heated up pretty quickly. The content shared on the internet never gets deleted. You might remove it from your social profile but however, you don’t know how many sites would have already captured and preserved it. Protect your online reputation

* Current Location – Many people don’t realize that when they post a status update or a tweet, they may also be revealing their current location through geo-tagging. Giving out your location information can be risky because it tells potential thieves that you are not at home.

* Anything you don’t want to be online FOREVER

When you put something on social media, you have to assume it’s out there permanently. In the age of screenshots, there is no ‘taking it back’, even if you’ve made a big mistake. Before you post anything remotely personal or sensitive, ask yourself, “Do I want this to be online forever?” If the answer is no, don’t hit the ‘post’ button!

Before you post anything remotely personal or sensitive, ask yourself, “Do I want this to be online forever?” If the answer is no, don’t hit the ‘post’ button!

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/things-avoid-posting-social-media/

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by goldenarrow: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2019
Good you were able to outline the Eight things las las. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by dondodo: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2019
Everything u write there na nonsense

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Flame4chi(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2019
Fact

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Deestro(f): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2019
grin

I post what ever the fuck_ I like, it's my cyber space undecided

17 Likes

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by passyhansome(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2019
Borrowed Cash, Boobs, Ass, Borrowed House

5 Likes

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by timibare(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2019
I crym single en i need job....
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by micgray100(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2019
To me.. Anything can be posted on social media.. So far is not lies.... You can be in danger and quickly open your life video broadcast just to get evidences... Many more...

My signature talks about New Company Registration

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by stubbornman(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2019
Some people no dey hear word at all , most people nah their CV dey their wall, some dey even put all their siblings and family members for there....... something never do most people thats they still think the world is a better placeangry angry angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by landforeast(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2019
Good piece

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by mal24: 10:52am On Jul 31, 2019
i dont even have a social media account at all
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Lexusgs430: 10:53am On Jul 31, 2019
I agree with almost all..... But how would they use my telephone number........... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 31, 2019
No. 9 Cow Head

Because cows are d most important citizens in Nigeria grin

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Oluwasaeon(m): 10:53am On Jul 31, 2019
Your pictures
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Vixlot: 10:54am On Jul 31, 2019
But Davido posted this for admirers and haters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpITCjfHVPI

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Houseofglam7(f): 10:54am On Jul 31, 2019
undecided
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by nrexzy: 10:54am On Jul 31, 2019
Dem go gree hear?

Socal media na people home and life now oo

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by CeeJay9ja(m): 10:54am On Jul 31, 2019
Some people are living in the internet. The internet is their family, school, pastor, parents and job

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by drips8(m): 10:54am On Jul 31, 2019
dondodo:
Everything u write there na nonsense

The topic makes sense smiley

5 Likes

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by anambraamaka: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2019
Truth
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Tinaagboba: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2019
I don't find this useful.common sense should should tell any individual what to do with their social life which are what you just listed.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Katier00(f): 10:55am On Jul 31, 2019
Give us something new, we know all these
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by Rekyz(m): 10:55am On Jul 31, 2019
Never share your Cuccumber photos. Never!
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by lizzypro: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2019
Fact

Paste me ya giftcards
Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by ElsonMorali: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2019
People of today don't just leak information about themselves to the digital void, they SHOUT it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media by bikerboy1(m): 11:07am On Jul 31, 2019
Quality post

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Night Plan Works For 24 Hours On Saturday & Sunday / How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number / Tested Cheats: How To Generate Mtn Recharge Card Pins & Start Loading For Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.