Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies (12918 Views)

Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters / Nigerian Delicacies That Will Make You Bite Your Fingers- Photos / Foods/Delicacies From Other Tribes That You Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies by Hakaturgee: 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
The moinmoin version of maize is called "Shapala".
Re: Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies by Motirayo2018(f): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
tpiah:
i know isapa- there's even a song about it

isapa, lai si ila

ati efo, koi pe o koi pe o.

i also know the maize moinmoin. There's another dish made from fresh corn which i only had once as a kid and havent been able to duplicate since then. You scrape the corn then cook it more or less like jollof rice. A sort of corn casserole.

i have no idea what it's called but it was so delicious.
It is called egbo.it is eaten alone or with beans

i think i know ojojo but i'm not sure.
Re: Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies by Alennsar(f): 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
AqRiUsAge:
ishapa (yummmmmmmm) soup. asala (does anyone know the English name for this?) Aadun (with palm oil, or without) Esunsun (yummmmmmmmmmmm)
Don't be offended but you're from which state.
Re: Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies by Alennsar(f): 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2020
Here are the ones I can remember.
Ekuru,
Egbo ati ewa,
Ojojo,
Isapa,
Esunsun,
Otili,
Abari,
Aadun elepo,
Baaku ati obe epa
Dodo kire,

I dont remember the rest jare

1 Like

Re: Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies by Jokzy77: 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
Mosa is strictly yoruba food made with fermented corn, fried & sprinkled with sugar. Its a great snacks to be candid. Hausa own is masa
Re: Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies by Jokzy77: 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
You are so on point.
knotty:
really yorubas don't have that much delicacies.
The maize food is called masa'

wrong, wrong, wrong and again wrong! it is not MASA. we have MOSA in yorubaland but it is fried and does not look like moinmoin.

and to say yoruba do no have delicacies is to say the earth is flat! wetin you know sef.
Re: Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies by Jokzy77: 3:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
You are so on point.
knotty:
really yorubas don't have that much delicacies.
The maize food is called masa'

wrong, wrong, wrong and again wrong! it is not MASA. we have MOSA in yorubaland but it is fried and does not look like moinmoin.

and to say yoruba do no have delicacies is to say the earth is flat! wetin you know sef.
Beccadoe:
Who remembers "Ofuloju" I think it's the white version of "ekuru".

Ebiripo, that's like moimoi but made with water yam.
And ifokore or ikokore.

BTW, if anybody knows where I can get isapa leaves in Lagos, they should let me know.
Ekuru is the same as ofuloju
Re: Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies by Jokzy77: 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
It's mosa not sapala
nimat158:

masa belongs to Hausa d Yoruba one is sapala
Re: Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies by Jokzy77: 3:27pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ekuru is like moinmoin but you don't add anything to it when you want to make it. You just blend the peeled beans like that without pepper or onions or anything then you mix it thoroughly (that takes a while) then you cook.
Egbo is made with a peeled dry corn. It will be peeled by the milling machine then you prepare it till it is mushy then you combine with your cooked beans & stew.
Re: Uncommon Yoruba Delicacies by Egoamaka2(f): 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2020
Clearance sales vegetable oil sunflower 5lt and 1kg, 2kg, 5kg rice all prices from 1k-5k naira according to the kg
Oil is 5k

Items imported from UK

Location Lagos

WhatsApp for more information or picture

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where to buy Pap mixed with ginger In Lagos Nigeria: 08092903328 / Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% / How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.