Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' (844 Views)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup / Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 / Nigerian Fifa Executive Committee Member Offer To Sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by justwise(m): 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2010
Nigeria on the news again for all wrong reasons!!!

Two Fifa officials are alleged to have offered to sell their votes in the contest to host the 2018 World Cup, according to a Sunday Times report.

The newspaper claims Nigerian Amos Adamu, a Fifa executive committee member, asked for £500,000 for a "personal project", against Fifa rules.

And Oceania Football Confederation president Reynald Temarii, wanted money for a sports academy for his vote.

Fifa will decide the hosts of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups on 2 December.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9099326.stm
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by medjai(m): 12:17am On Oct 17, 2010
Amos Adamu, again?
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by comechop(m): 5:26am On Oct 17, 2010
this will probably make front page.

And no, no one is surprised, no need for investigation.

Hope they keep on catching and shaming these thieves. Some day Nigerians will be on the news for something good.
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by justwise(m): 8:05am On Oct 17, 2010
medjai:

Amos Adamu, again?

Exactly my reaction when i saw the news, tv stations here are carrying the video evidence of him.

If this is true then shame on him and FIFA.
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by OmoTier1(m): 9:58am On Oct 17, 2010
Amos Adamu and FIFA are corrupt! Sepp Blatter is a fraud personel! Thank God for the video evidence, let see how he would play his high wire politics to get out of this! Shame He claimed the money was to be used for building artificial Pitches when it is well known that Football is very well funded in Nigeria and that the only reason there are no 1st class structures on ground is because of corrupt minds ( like Amos Adamu ) running Football administration in the country!

HA HA, LET SEE IF THIS IS ANOTHER GOVERNMENT INTERFERANCE ! wayo wayo of international dimension!
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by anonimi: 10:07am On Oct 17, 2010
and if he had succeeded he would have given a portion to his church or mosque for "god's blessing" and his town's chief/emir who may give him a chieftancy thieftancy title even though his act is adding to the collective shame of nigerians all over the world, even when they have double nationality.
i imagine the man and his beneficiaries (close & distant relations, friends and acquaintances) blaming nigeria's problems on bad leadership shocked
arrant hypocrisy!!!
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by funkybaby(f): 10:37am On Oct 17, 2010
He wants £500,000 paid directly to him for the 'development of soccer in Nigeria'

Effing thief !!!!
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by sirwebs(m): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2010
amos adamu! amos adamu! amos adamu!
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by Reference(m): 11:37am On Oct 17, 2010
And look at the mess he has created in Nigerian football. Lambasting those that threaten his cabal and calling ex-international drunks. This excuse for a human being has simply taken his corrupt COJA antecedents to the international stage and embarrassed the country once more. But like the unfortunate gutter rat he has bitten more than he can chew. Let us see on whose side Blatter will come down now. Kick him the hell out of FIFA and let the EFCC be his welcoming party. Criminally inept punk.
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by lakeside4love(m): 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2010
amos oleeeeeee barawoooo.
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by justwise(m): 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2010
funkybaby:

He wants £500,000 paid directly to him for the 'development of soccer in Nigeria'

Effing thief !!!!

It was so embarrassing to watch the clip and to think about what this has done to Nigeria's image AGAIN
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by mbulela: 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2010
this may sound controversial but i will say it anyways;
he may not lose his job in FIFA.
FIFA is filled with corrupt, disgraced men and women.
The whole FIFA hierachy is corrupt, probable the most corrupt organisation in the world.
Sepp Blatter is worse than most African despots.
that bloke from T&T is worse (Jack Warner).
goggle the law case between him and the T&T squad from the 98 world cup.
No wonder, members are barred from taking FIFA our its national associations to court.
How a man like Amos Adamu can be rising like a comet in FIFA circles irrespective of his ineptitude at home and proven sleaze over time is a case to ponder.
Ever wondered about that old clown called Issa Hayatou?who wants to die in office.
FIFA protects its own.
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2010
mbulela:

this may sound controversial but i will say it anyways;
[b]he may not lose his job in FIFA.[/b]FIFA is filled with corrupt, disgraced men and women.
The whole FIFA hierachy is corrupt, probable the most corrupt organisation in the world.
Sepp Blatter is worse than most African despots.that bloke from T&T is worse (Jack Warner).
goggle the law case between him and the T&T squad from the 98 world cup.No wonder, members are barred from taking FIFA our its national associations to court.How a man like Amos Adamu can be rising like a comet in FIFA circles irrespective of his ineptitude at home and proven sleaze over time is a case to ponder.Ever wondered about that old clown called Issa Hayatou?who wants to die in office.
FIFA protects its own.

I think he will be suspended, FIFA will throw the book at him to safe face.
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by medjai(m): 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2010
England is involved, heads must roll
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by mbulela: 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2010
justwise:

I think he will be suspended, FIFA will throw the book at him to safe face.

gbam
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by justwise(m): 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2010
mbulela:

gbam

They did him a favour last week by suspending Nigeria which lead to his return to the office, now its pay back time.
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by Demoladoc: 6:36pm On Oct 17, 2010
Posted by: comechop
Insert Quote
this will probably make front page.

And no, no one is surprised, no need for investigation.

Hope they keep on catching and shaming these thieves. Some day Nigerians will be on the news for something good.

lmao. no need for investgation
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by mounace120: 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2010
Hello,
my name is Mounace i was looking for a real and everlasting relationship and i came across your profle in this site and it attracted me to write to you.I will like you to write to me with my private email address (mounace44@yahoo.com) for more introduction and also to see my picture.
I will be waiting to receive your mail soonest,remember color,race,religion,etc does not matter in real love but care,love and trust matter a lot.Till then remained blessed.
Miss Mounace
mounace44@yahoo.com
Re: Fifa Officials 'sell 2018 World Cup Bid Votes' by justwise(m): 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2010
mounace120:

Hello,
my name is Mounace i was looking for a real and everlasting relationship and i came across your profle in this site and it attracted me to write to you.I will like you to write to me with my private email address (mounace44@yahoo.com) for more introduction and also to see my picture.
I will be waiting to receive your mail soonest,remember color,race,religion,etc does not matter in real love but care,love and trust matter a lot.Till then remained blessed.
Miss Mounace
mounace44@yahoo.com

What is this?

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Osaze Not Nominated? / Chelsea Will Win The Champions League -prophet T. B. Joshua / Nigeria Got No Medals In 2012 Olympics: Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.