Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Are Nigerians Abroad Smarter Than Nigerians At Home? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Are Nigerians Abroad Smarter Than Nigerians At Home? (879 Views)

Are Nigerians Eligible For A Payooner Card? / Why Are Nigerians Not Paying For Any Online Ideas / Why Majority Of Nigerians At Elance.com Don't Rise Above 0 - $100 (2) (3) (4)

Are Nigerians Abroad Smarter Than Nigerians At Home? by syskay(m): 2:17pm On May 13, 2007
It seems to me that Nigerians who return home from the US and UK have a better deal in Naija. They get better Jobs than their contemporaries in multinationals. They also get key appointments in the government. They are also warmly welcomed in business circles, compared to the home based folks.
Re: Are Nigerians Abroad Smarter Than Nigerians At Home? by naijacutee(f): 3:03pm On May 13, 2007
I don't think so. I think (as with everywhere else) someone who has lived in different places would have a better exposure than someone who has lived in just one place. Saying that, more exposure doesn't necessarily mean "smarter". There are very many Nigerians in Nigeria that are way smarter than lots of Nigerians broad. Anyone who treats Nigerians at home as second class citizens, is biased and again, lacks exposure.
Re: Are Nigerians Abroad Smarter Than Nigerians At Home? by Bossman(m): 12:40pm On May 14, 2007
Absolutely not! Because one lives/lived abroad does not make them smarter than those that did not, it makes even no sense!

Now, living abroad does expose you to a whole lot more things, and also studying abroad will definitely give you a different perspective on things, and very likely make you much more prepared. Typical example is the IT field. You cannot compare a computer science grad from the US with a computer science grad from Nigeria. Not because the one from the US is smarter, but because they have been exposed to the facilities to get a better education and training. The same will apply to other fields. Until Nigeria improves on the level of education that the Universities provide, preference will continue to be given to those trained abroad.
Re: Are Nigerians Abroad Smarter Than Nigerians At Home? by rookie(m): 6:50pm On May 14, 2007
- syskay

I hope Niajacutee and Bossman have aswered your question.

10 Essential Elements Your Site Must Have / Submit Your Website Free Here / Hi Guys, I Need A Creative Review Of This Site.