Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious (24103 Views)

Between Glo And 9mobile Data / The Difference Between Glo Data Plans And Other Networks / Are You Using The Free Youtube Streaming Plans Offered By 9mobile And MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by akinsam2001: 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2019
Mtn miscalculated. They have only succeeded in rallying the people to stand by Glo. This is our own.

3 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by BroJoe1994: 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2019
A top source in MTN just confirmed to me that Glo has paid the money in issue. So, i don't even know the reason for this fuss. Anyone to confirm this?

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by Distinct209: 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2019
I also heard it. MTN should just chill and thread with caution on this their unwarranted attack on Glo.
BroJoe1994:
A top source in MTN just confirmed to me that Glo has paid the money in issue. So, i don't even know the reason for this fuss. Anyone to confirm this?
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by bigfather(m): 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Just look at you.

So, it is mtn that is at fault? What happened to glo that is owing MTN N4bn?

Why did glo default in payment?

So mtn should continue running at loss because of glo stupidity and lack of direction?

No wonder Nigeria is where it is because it is filled with ignoramuses like you lots.

grin
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by IamCharles123: 6:42pm On Aug 01, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Just look at you.

So, it is mtn that is at fault? What happened to glo that is owing MTN N4bn?

Why did glo default in payment?

So mtn should continue running at loss because of glo stupidity and lack of direction?

No wonder Nigeria is where it is because it is filled with ignoramuses like you lots.
Glo is owning mtn, mtn is owning nigeria, is not like glo said they won't pay, mtn just dey misbehave.
Imagine nigeria govt stopped mtn service because mtn is owning nigeria, e make sense?

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by dotconsult(m): 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2019
Corporate xenophobia can't kill Glo. MTN should go and sit down..

3 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2019
maasoap:

May be you should confess to us the main reason why you find it difficult to exhaust just 2GB data on glo network for a month, we all know the most likely reason. I used glo in the past and I still have two glo sim cards. If you have a stable and smooth 4G on your glo line, you would understand that 2GB of data is almost nothing.

Check the attachment below and tell me if it is possible for you to use over 5GB of glo data in two days even if you have data to burn! It is practically impossible on dead-like glo network
No bro I don't use the Glo 4G sim card cos Glo 4G signal is not even everywhere in this Lagos. I use the normal Glo simcard and it has been working perfectly fine for me. Haha!! You sef. Real racing 3 and Tube mate is just enough to exhaust your whole data. grin. My phone isn't for online gaming abeg..
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by BroJoe1994: 7:24pm On Aug 01, 2019
bigfather:

grin
How are you sure Glo is indebted to MTN to that tune? It's important for one to get his facts right.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by akinsamson: 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2019
Yeye people. They want to stifle Glo... They have failed
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by Sirwallace(m): 12:21am On Aug 02, 2019
jimiabdul:
I weep to see foreign country treat us in such a way without any form of protest against them.

NCC should react to this and let's see what happens ... Do they expect a business owner to pay such debt in a VERY short while?

No no

It's not done

This is the reason why most americans love trump despite his bad PR. A Trump would have sent a strong signal to mtn to either respect the nigerian citizens or leave his country point blank.

3 Likes

Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by Coolgent(m): 12:54am On Aug 02, 2019
It serve them right, they were charging me about 47maira per minute in 2006
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by maasoap(m): 7:17am On Aug 02, 2019
Nigerians, stay away from sentiments so that you will be able to look at issues objectively. See the attachment below:
Tabithatim
OEPHIUS
trendsgirl
trioti
toyosilawal12
gistgirl0
jimiabdul

Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by maasoap(m): 7:23am On Aug 02, 2019
BroJoe1994:

BroJoe1994:
How are you sure Glo is indebted to MTN to that tune? It's important for one to get his facts right.

You're neither here nor there.
N500 million before yesterday.
N2.6 billion before today

Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by TheKingIsHere: 9:14am On Aug 02, 2019
IamCharles123:

Glo is owning mtn, mtn is owning nigeria, is not like glo said they won't pay, mtn just dey misbehave.
Imagine nigeria govt stopped mtn service because mtn is owning nigeria, e make sense?

Oga, mtn debt to Nigeria has been done. They had an agreement that mtn abides to.

Glo on the other hand didn't abide to their agreement hence mtn disconnected their network which is upheld by the law.

Agreement is agreement

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by TheKingIsHere: 9:16am On Aug 02, 2019
maasoap:
Nigerians, stay away from sentiments so that you will be able to look at issues objectively. See the attachment below:
Tabithatim
OEPHIUS
trendsgirl
trioti
toyosilawal12
gistgirl0
jimiabdul

Don't mind them.

Instead of them to use their head for once to think, they will be using sentiments
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by TheKingIsHere: 9:18am On Aug 02, 2019
Sirwallace:

This is the reason why most americans love trump despite his bad PR. A Trump would have sent a strong signal to mtn to either respect the nigerian citizens or leave his country point blank.

Ogbeni,stop talking trash.

Trump is a business man and he understand what it takes to be owed N4.4bn by another company despite agreement.

Do you think if Trump's business was being owed N4.4bn by another company in America he won't do worst. SMH
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by TheKingIsHere: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2019
jimiabdul:
I weep to see foreign country treat us in such a way without any form of protest against them.

NCC should react to this and let's see what happens ... Do they expect a business owner to pay such debt in a VERY short while?

No no

It's not done

If you do not understand how business works, I advice that you keep shut.

You think mtn will just wake up and disconnect glo without following ncc rules and guidelines?

Tell your indigenous company glo to pay their gbese.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by BroJoe1994: 9:31am On Aug 02, 2019
maasoap:

May be you should confess to us the main reason why you find it difficult to exhaust just 2GB data on glo network for a month, we all know the most likely reason. I used glo in the past and I still have two glo sim cards. If you have a stable and smooth 4G on your glo line, you would understand that 2GB of data is almost nothing.

Check the attachment below and tell me if it is possible for you to use over 5GB of glo data in two days even if you have data to burn! It is practically impossible on dead-like glo network

I have noticed this particular guy is always attacking Glo and it will be unfortunate if he is one of the people MTN is using for the corporate xenophobic attack on Globacom. I live in Lekki and I can confirm that Glo Data is working excellently well. As a matter of fact, I have both Glo and MTN lines and in terms of data, I can confirm that Glo services are far far better than MTN.

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by Sirwallace(m): 11:16am On Aug 02, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Trump is a business man and he understand what it takes to be owed N4.4bn by another company despite agreement.

Do you think if Trump's business was being owed N4.4bn by another company in America he won't do worst. SMH

If only dumb ass like you know how Trump evade tax and protect the rich in US, you will not come on my mention to display your foolery free of charge.
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by TheKingIsHere: 12:37pm On Aug 02, 2019
Sirwallace:

If only dumb ass like you know how Trump evade tax and protect the rich in US, you will not come on my mention to display your foolery free of charge.

Him evading tax and him being owed huge sum of money how does that correlate?

It is so obvious Nairaland is filled with dumbfvcks like yourself
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by Sirwallace(m): 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Trump understand what it takes to be owed millions of dollars and yet he has millions of dollars in tax evasion to the united states govt. Because it is govt money right? Everybody money kind of african mentality money. I hear you prof. Of economics
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by maasoap(m): 9:44am On Aug 03, 2019
BroJoe1994:
I have noticed this particular guy is always attacking Glo

Thanks for noticing.

and it will be unfortunate if he is one of the people MTN is using for the corporate xenophobic attack on Globacom.

Firstly, I'm entitled to my opinion.
Secondly, there is no xenophobic attack, that's wrong use of words. We all have to put sentiment apart and comment objectively.
Thirdly there is no any attack on the glo by mtn.
Fourthly, you paid glo for using their network, why wouldn't glo pay other companies for using their facilities since, you the subscribers have paid glo upfront? That's cheating my friend.
Fifthly, why then did glo hurriedly pay 2.6 billion naira to mtn? Shouldn't you guys be ashamed for siding with the wrong party that was at fault?

I live in Lekki and I can confirm that Glo Data is working excellently well. As a matter of fact, I have both Glo and MTN lines and in terms of data, I can confirm that Glo services are far far better than MTN.

Not everyone lives in Lekki. Glo is a mediocre network. I tested it over and over again, they're a waste of time and scarce resources. Using the network could frustrate the hell out of the subscribers. I have no time for sentiment as long as I'm paying for the service. Or, you want to talk about their 4G LTE band which can be hardly found on many phones in Nigeria?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by 9jaRealist: 11:48am On Aug 03, 2019
grin grin grin

Gullible Nigerians keep believing childish conspiracy theories...
The Guardian reported 8 MONTHS AGO that NCC has approved this disconnection.

https://guardian.ng/business-services/35m-subscribers-may-be-disconnected-over-n180-billion-debt-owed-by-operators/

35m subscribers may be disconnected over N180 billion debt owed by operators
By Adeyemi Adepetun
Guardian Nigeria, 19 December 2018 | 4:28 am

• NCC grants MTN, Airtel, ATC approval to disconnect debtor firms

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has granted disconnection approval to mobile network operators (MNOs) to disconnect owing colleagues over rise in interconnect debt and failure of the affected operators to pay.

A document sighted by The Guardian yesterday, confirmed that the NCC has sent notification letters to the affected operators. NCC has asked MTN, Airtel and IHS to disconnect, on partial basis, services to Globacom, Ntel (MNOs) and interconnect exchange points including Breeze, Exchange, Solid, Medallion and Niconnx.

The implication of this development is that some millions of subscribers would soon start to experience service disruptions. The Guardian checks showed that over 35 million subscribers might be affected if the disconnection move is implemented.
>
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by 9jaRealist: 12:05pm On Aug 03, 2019
gistgirl0:
We are just too lenient in this country! MTN has done more harm to us that the good!

First, MTN had to pay $285 million just for the ‘privilege’ of taking the huge investment RISK on Nigeria (during a time that most investors were staying away)....

It has since ploughed BILLIONS OF DOLLARS into Nigeria, building out a mobile telephone network where none previously existed (including using generators and backup generators for each cell site, something that’s unheard of in most other jurisdictions, paying off the local Baale or chief and the local “youth” groups or thugs or land grabbers, where applicable), while creating THOUSANDS OF JOBS (and providing training and capacity building) for NIGERIANS, including many previously unemployed or underemployed Nigerian professionals and graduates, and business for local Nigerian subcontractors and sundry service providers (the income and other taxes of those job-holders and companies adding to government revenues to invest in education, health and infrastructure, among other government spending - if the politicians do embezzle or otherwise steal/misappropriate such revenue).

It has been a WIN-WIN for both Nigeria and MTN, so let’s not allow crude xenophobic (or other primordial) sentiment becloud our judgment over a basic business dispute (after all, Glo does not share their profits with you and I nor with other Nigerians).
>
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by 9jaRealist: 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2019
trendsgirl:
That is MTN's way... Stealing and lying! I am not surprised. Even if Glo is owning cutting their should not be the last resort
OEPHIUS:
NCC should fine them heavily for putting customers through this sort of thing. The regulatory bodies need to be proactive in these issues

The NCC gave MTN approval to disconnect Glo since last December (see Guardian report cited above)...
>
Re: Top 3 Reasons Interconnection Dispute Between Glo And MTN Turned Vicious by 9jaRealist: 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2019
trioti:
It is interesting to read this story. Glo has come out to explain what is happening but then to me MTN is still at fault! It is beef! You don't expect business man to pay such money at a go. That is wickedness. Has MTN paid Nigerian government it's money too?

Frankly, nobody should really be owing for interconnectivity on PREPAID services...
Since such PREPAYMENT means they have already collected the payment from users. undecided
>

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App / Xiaomi Officially Unveils The World's First 10GB Smartphone / UK Residents Can Buy MTN Recharge Cards & Send to Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.