Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,302 members, 7,860,743 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:25 PM

Four Managerial Strategies I've Learned Managing A Strip Club. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Four Managerial Strategies I've Learned Managing A Strip Club. (301 Views)

What Is Your Opinion About Age And Managerial Position / What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? / 5 Things I Have Learned From Working In A One Man Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Managerial Strategies I've Learned Managing A Strip Club. by Xendril(m): 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2019
First of all, if you have deep beliefs about your religion or if you are moral person, these ideas might seem offensive.

The adult industry is not a popularly discussed subject as it seems to make the lots of people very uncomfortable even if they like the topic. Most of them claim to be too holy and moral to discuss such. Here I come to you with managerial lessons I've learned in 2years of managing a strip club and how it can help your company or business.

1. Sentiments
OK, I get it. You want to be perceived as nice and want to be likeable. I understand you want to feel the pain of others, or put yourself in their shoes. You try to be the best and nicest manager, team leader or business owner your employees will ever meet. Well, sorry to say this: Nobody cares. You can try all you want but your subjects will screw you over whenever they want. People like to follow gentle, kind, passionate leaders because they can screw those leaders anytime. But a hard, no nonsense leader knows how to motivate, instill fear, and lead the people to reach a common goal.
So do yourself a favour and throw that sentimental bullshit out of the window and run the show like a gaddam boss.

2. Emotions. When I started out as a manager, the workers would always lie to me, play games on me, shed stupid tears just to manipulate me. On the other hand some will intentionally step on my toes to see how I react. I would get angry sometimes, sometimes I stayed calm. But my emotions were predictable and they took advantage. Until I learnt my lessons the hard way. People will try hard to see the emotional part of you. They just want to exploit that weak spot. If they succeed, you'll be the one begging your employees to work. They will have no respect for you anymore. When you're angry, almost every decision you make backfires against you. So, hide your emotions, avoid making major decisions when you're upset. Be calm.
Re: Four Managerial Strategies I've Learned Managing A Strip Club. by Xendril(m): 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2019
3. Never get high on your own sh*t.

This might sound cliché but it holds wisdom that top mangers don't ignore.
Most of my colleagues and friends never believe me when I tell them I've never had any sexual relationship with my strippers. "How's that possible?" they ask. I can boast that this is the first lesson I had ingrained in me before I became a manager. I don't need to taste my shit and that means the possibility of getting high is completely eliminated. A good piece of advice will be to keep your dick in your pants if you're a male. And as a female, stop checking out your male subjects. As a smart accountant, stop manipulating figures to favour you. It always backfires.

4. Break the bad eggs and get rid of them.
This is the hardest thing most managers can ever do. Once a worker has shown sign of disloyalty, he must be cautioned immediately. If such a mistake occurs again, the worker should be fired. Allowing the worker to remain can poison the heart of the others and they all can turn to rebel against you. You must get rid of the narcissistic, complaining, rude, sexist, racist worker.

These are just few of the important lessons and strategies I learnt from top manager in different spheres of business.
I hope they help you step up your game.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Should I Do An AWS Certification? What Is The Worth Of It? / Abuja Federal Registry / Why Expert Translators Are Needed In Legal Translation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.