Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,820 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Pls Help! How Do I Prepare Vegetable Okro Soup? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pls Help! How Do I Prepare Vegetable Okro Soup? (3045 Views)

A Nairalander (a Bachelor) Preparing Okro Soup This Morning. / Step By Step Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Okro Soup With Amala / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help! How Do I Prepare Vegetable Okro Soup? by Ekpoma1: 4:19am On Oct 18, 2010
Good day 2 u all.pls im seriously in need of some1 that will guide me on how 2 prepare VEGETABLE OKRO Soup.Thanks.
Re: Pls Help! How Do I Prepare Vegetable Okro Soup? by Ekpoma1: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2010
abeg som1 shuld help me out na.Im waitin,
Re: Pls Help! How Do I Prepare Vegetable Okro Soup? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2010
I'll give you amaka1's recipe. I've made it the same way for years, although I skip the oil and I prefer spinach (fresh or frozen) over bitter leaf.

Okro Soup

500g/llb assorted parts of meat (washed)
I medium smoked fish (washed)
225g / 8oz stockfish (pre- soaked)
22 5g / 8oz bushmeat (washed)
500g/ llb fresh okro
225g / 8oz bitter leaf (washed)
150ml / 5/7 oz palm-oil
3pt stock or water
I OOg / 4oz ground crayfish
25g / loz iru (locust bean)
I OOg / 4oz ground pepper

Place the washed meats in a large pot, add a drop of water or stock, season with salt and ground pepper and boil for 30 minutes or until tender. Add the smoked fish and stock fish, cook for another 10 minutes. Add the rest of the stock. Prepare the okro by washing thoroughly in cold water. Divide into two, finely chop one half and cut the rest into small rounds. Add the prepared okro together with the washed bitterleaf to the boiling soup and stir. Add the palm-oil and iru, allow to bubble and simmer for 5 minutes, sprinkle in ground crayfish and stir. Simmer for another 10minutes. Check seasoning and serve hot with pounded yam.

I don't know where you are. I'm in the US and can't translate the measurements lol. I eyeball everything anyway. Hope this helps smiley
Re: Pls Help! How Do I Prepare Vegetable Okro Soup? by Ekpoma1: 4:42am On Oct 20, 2010
ogugua88:

I'll give you amaka1's recipe. I've made it the same way for years, although I skip the oil and I prefer spinach (fresh or frozen) over bitter leaf.

I don't know where you are. I'm in the US and can't translate the measurements lol. I eyeball everything anyway. Hope this helps smiley
sure do heplThanks a million times,
Re: Pls Help! How Do I Prepare Vegetable Okro Soup? by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 20, 2010
You're welcome smiley

(1) (Reply)

How To Clear Stubborn Sunburn / Have U Ever Eaten/tasted This? / Cartoon Xter Cupcake Stands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.