Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) (4158 Views)

Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Is Building The "Fashion Amazon" Of Africa / COMPETITION: Make Up Artist Competition On 16-17th October Nationwide. / Kate Henshaw Is The Face Of Blessing Perfume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) by Seun(m): 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2005
Hello,

This is a place for Nigerians to share information about the on-going 'Nokia Face of Africa 2005' contest, which has been showing on the DSTV MNet Channel since the 19th of June.

3 Nigerians - Opeyemi Awoyemi, Adeola Ariyo, and Doyin Haastrup - were chosen as semi-finalists. All 3 of them scaled through the first round of the competition to emerge as finalists in the Face of Africa Competition.

The winner of the Face of Africa 2005 competition will win a modelling contract from Storm Models valued at £70,000 (approx. US $ 125,000) over a period of three years.

To learn more about Face of Africa, visit:
[list]
[li]Following in Oluchi's Footsteps: [I]"It’s well known across the continent but the dynamic story of Nokia Face of Africa still makes for compelling reading. If you don’t know it or simply want to catch up, read on…[/I]"[/li]
[li]The 411 on Nokia Face of Africa 2005: [I]"Face of Africa is a continental model talent search that began in 1998. The First winner was Nigerian Oluchi Onweagba. The initiative ran for four years from 1998 – 2001 and other winners included: Benvinda Mudenge from Namibia (1999); Nombulelo Mazibuko from South Africa (2000) and Ramatoulaye Diallo from Senegal (2001). Now the search returns with the Nokia Face of Africa 2005…[/I]"[/li][/list]

If you're a fan or you just want to comment about any of the contestants, visit their profiles hosted on this site:
[list][li]Opeyemi Awoyemi[/li][li]Adeola Ariyo[/li][li]Doyin Haastrup[/li][/list]

The official website of the (Nokia) Face of Africa competition is at: www.faceofafrica.co.za

I don't have acess to the MNet Channel, but I would encourage our readers to send in their comments and opinions from time to time.

Thank you.
Re: Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) by obong(m): 1:12am On Jun 22, 2005
They are going to finish our girls by showcasing these thin girls.
Re: Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) by hotangel2(f): 7:10am On Jun 22, 2005
Do these people realise that this girl are skinny. It's a diff thing to be slim with curves and it another thing to be so skinny.
Re: Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) by Seun(m): 7:52am On Jun 22, 2005
Models that win beauty competitions are usually skinny and tall. Oluchi onweagbu and Agbani Darego are both skinny, though these girls appear even more so. My favorite is Opeyemi kiss!
Re: Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) by Angelgal(f): 9:01am On Jun 22, 2005
One thing I noticed about the judges' choices is that the girls were not particularly pretty. They have very strong African features and rather very dark skinned. Kinda like looking like they were carved out of wood, you know like a work of art. This competition is not your regular beauty pageant. They are looking for models and you know what them supermodels look like....intriguing, and yes you can't help but look.I guess they are looking for natural beauties too....cause the contestants were made to clean off their make ups so that their true beauty could be seen.
Re: Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) by IAH(f): 10:54am On Jun 22, 2005
(How come they are all Yoruba girls?)

None of them is even fine sef. Anyway, they are not judged by their faces.
Re: Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) by Angelgal(f): 10:50am On Jul 06, 2005
10 contestants left, and our Naija babes are still in the competition for the final showdown...

Let's wish them luck.
Re: Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) by omon(m): 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2005
Guys, please keep us informed of the latest from the Nokia face of Africa. Did our girls shine in the finals held on the 10th of July? Cheers!
Re: Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) by Seun(m): 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2005
From the Face of Africa website, here's the winner of the competition:
[img]http://www.faceofafrica.co.za.nyud.net:8090/ContentImages/faceofafrica/images/lrg_kaone.jpg[/img]
Kaone Kario of Botswana

Nineteen-year-old Kaone Kario hails from Maun in Botswana, a place she describes quite simply as, ''it’s beautiful, it’s home.''

At 1.75m tall, this student loves action films and she’s a fan of The Pacifier, Oceans 11, Bad Boys 1, Bad Boys 2 and Speed. Energetic and a go-getter, Kaone says her Diesel jeans are her favourite fashion item! Eager to travel Kaone would like to model in New York and would like to visit Uganda. A music lover, Kaone has a long list of favourite tracks including those by Bobby Valentino, Mariah Carey and Britney Spears. Asked if she sings as well, Kaone replies, ''Only in the shower!''
Re: Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) by hotangel2(f): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2005
Oh Jesus.. Save us. She is...erhmm.. Cute! I am Happy for her.
Re: Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) by Scorpio(f): 3:08am On Aug 29, 2005
Gurl, u funny cheesy she's aiight  smiley
Re: Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) by uche777(f): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2005
Well she is o.k. guess the facial beauty

is the least criteria for choosin the winner.

(1) (Reply)

Fixed Fake Hair / Yemi Alade Reveals Clothes She Would Wear If Patoranking Comes To Her House / Cures For A Shopaholic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.