Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture (4576 Views)

I Have 1million And I Want To Invest In Agricultural Farm Within Ondo State / Castor Farming In Nigeria: The Trending Niche In Agriculture That May Make You / Obiano Inspects Rice Irrigation At Ogbaru As Anambra Targets 600,000 MT Of Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2019
I would like to go into agriculture and I just got ₦600,000 as capital. The issue is I don't really know where to start from cos I am not really experienced in farming business. I would like to partner with someone who is really familiar with this line of business so the capital can be used wisely. Any persons seeking partnership should send me a mail.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Bookienightmare: 8:25pm On Aug 04, 2019
windofjustice:
I would like to go into agriculture and I just got ₦600,000 as capital. The issue is I don't really know where to start from cos I am not really experienced in farming business. I would like to partner with someone who is really familiar with this line of business so the capital can be used wisely. Any persons seeking partnership should send me a mail.
my word of advise, don't invest in anything Perishable (Cassava, Watermelon, Cucumber), rather, invest in Preservable crops like Maize, Soyabeans, Melon, Ginger. But if you are not in a haste for quick return, invest on Cocoa or Cashew

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2019
Bookienightmare:
my word of advise, don't invest in anything Perishable (Cassava, Watermelon, Cucumber), rather, invest in Preservable crops like Maize, Soyabeans, Melon, Ginger. But if you are not in a haste for quick return, invest on Cocoa or Cashew
Thanks bro. I appreciate.
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by healthserve(m): 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2019
windofjustice:

I sent a message you didn't reply.

I've acquired lands already. And intend commencing the cultivation of 25000 plantains yhird week of August. This is just one out of my agro projrcts.Will you be willing to invest in my project?
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Bookienightmare: 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
windofjustice:

you are welcome
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2019
healthserve:

I sent a message you didn't reply.

I've acquired lands already. And intend commencing the cultivation of 25000 plantains yhird week of August. This is just one out of my agro projrcts.Will you be willing to invest in my project?
I already had a chat with you on WhatsApp. I told you it's not an investment alone. I won't give anyone money and go and sleep. I also want to participate in the day to day running of the business. You didn't agree.

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Idemujoseph: 10:14pm On Aug 04, 2019
windofjustice:

I already had a chat with you on WhatsApp. I told you it's not an investment alone. I won't give anyone money and go and sleep. I also want to participate in the day to day running of the business. You didn't agree.
please don't give anybody your hard earn money and go to sleep. Do market survey and research to know the products that command high demand in you location. Them go for the practical training of the products cultivation.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 04, 2019
windofjustice:
I have knowledge on commercial maize and cassava production . Although due to project work in school, I have not been able to cultivate both. I will advise you go into commercial maize and cassava production. I will be willing to work with you in utilizing the money for agricultural purpose
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by fecundility(m): 10:42pm On Aug 04, 2019
let partner together while u be the marketing Manager while I become the production manager. we can set up a horrible factory that can accommodate 100 bags a month n also goat production for meat production
the land for the project is already available n raw material is not a problem. u can call my line through 08120541149 or wassuo
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by fecundility(m): 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2019
I mean garri factory n goat production
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by healthserve(m): 11:14pm On Aug 04, 2019
windofjustice:

Okay. I remember. Peace wink
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by aremuforlife(m): 11:21pm On Aug 04, 2019
You go into food processing.
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 04, 2019
matex97:
I have knowledge on commercial maize and cassava production . Although due to project work in school, I have not been able to cultivate both. I will advise you go into commercial maize and cassava production. I will be willing to work with you in utilizing the money for agricultural purpose
It's better if you are fully chanced.
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 04, 2019
aremuforlife:
I don't want to go it alone because I don't have all the knowledge involved. I am looking forward to partnering with an experienced person.
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by aremuforlife(m): 11:43pm On Aug 04, 2019
windofjustice:

I don't want to go it alone because I don't have all the knowledge involved. I am looking forward to partnering with an experienced person.
[quote][/quote]
Bros, you dont need to start big just start from small .
Food processing is very profited,
All you just need is keep your money at first and go to some seminars about food processing and choose the particular one you are most intrested and start with.
You need to be street wise
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by cyan2008(m): 11:43pm On Aug 04, 2019
You can invest in Grasscutter farming. The money will get you good and sizeable grasscutter pen and cages that can accomodate 15 colonies.
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Boo3nity(m): 1:21am On Aug 05, 2019
fecundility:
let partner together while u be the marketing Manager while I become the production manager. we can set up a horrible factory that can accommodate 100 bags a month n also goat production for meat production
the land for the project is already available n raw material is not a problem. u can call my line through 08120541149 or wassuo

Horrible factory?
Nna mehn! Must you display your "production" talent like this just to impress a prospect?
#scam

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 05, 2019
windofjustice:
I have about ₦200,000 for a business but I think the amount alone is little for a good business. So I need 10 people to come up with ₦200,000 or more so we can contribute capital and start a good lucrative business.
July 11. Good. You have N200k. Lovely. You need another N200k from people..

windofjustice:
The government is saying youths should go into agriculture as a means to solve the high rate of unemployment. I have decided to go into agriculture but I don't have land and machineries to use in farming. I would like to know the means to get these things and if the government has provided a way for youths to get the necessary facilities needed for farming.
July 16 - The zeal was made known on nairaland. With no asset. Buy you have N200k. Have you forgotten? Or are you trying to combine Agriculture with the idea you have? Or was Agric the idea that you collected money for? Scary!

windofjustice:
I intend going into farming but I don't have the capital to set things up. Since I don't have the capital I have decided to attach myself as an employee to an existing farm willing to employ me. Pease if anyone needs manpower to assist in his or her farm business I will be glad to be part of your business.
July 24, This looks more scary. No capital again? No more capital 13 days after you declared you have N200k and you ask ppl to invest in your idea. You opted to work on farms. Very interesting. grin

windofjustice:
Someone should tell me what to invest with ₦700,000. I am also open for partnerships.
August 3, you tried business thread to ask more opinions on different businesses. But N700k landed again 10 days after you declared you don't have start up capital. Ok. Looks like this is the money you collected from people who you told to invest in your ideas. Lol. Chai!

windofjustice:
August 4: 7 days after you raised N700k, you don chop N100k from the money. "Chineke!" shocked shocked shocked

You want to guard the money you collected from people to partner with another person who calls himself a consultant here, and you want it fast because Roi payment date has been set.

My brother or sister, try to walk carefully as the land you are on is slippery.

God bless you!

14 Likes

Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Teeisaac(m): 6:38am On Aug 05, 2019
Bookienightmare:
Best advice ever kiss
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Bookienightmare: 6:52am On Aug 05, 2019
Teeisaac:

Best advice ever kiss
experience is the best teacher. I have lost over 5 Million Naira investing in Cassava. The crash dripped abruptly and there was no way to preserve it. It rotted away. Ever since then, I have been doing preservable crops. After harvesting, I just bag and wait for the price to suit me before I sell.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Bookienightmare: 6:53am On Aug 05, 2019
But if it's Perishable crops, you will have no choice than to sell at any price thrown to your face because of you don't, it will spoil.
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Bookienightmare: 6:54am On Aug 05, 2019
Pistotita:

July 16 - The zeal was made known on nairaland. With no assets. Buy you have N200k. Have you forgotten? Or are you trying to combine Agriculture with the idea you have? Or was Agric the idea that you collected money from people? Scary!

July 24, This looks scaty. No capital again? No more capital 13 days after you declared you have N200k and you ask ppl to invest in your idea. You opted to work on farms. Very interesting. grin

August 3, you tried business thread to ask more opinions on different businesses. But N700k landed again 10 days after you declared you don't have start up capital. Ok. Looks like the money you collected from people who you told to invest in your ideas. Lol. Chai!

August 4: 7 days after you raise N700k, you don chop N100k from the money. "Chineke!" shocked shocked shocked

You want to guard the money you collected from people to partner with another person who calls himself a consultant here, and you want it fast because Roi payment date has been set.

God bless you!
i noticed all these too but I just carry face because He didn't ask me to bring money

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Hasib04(m): 6:59am On Aug 05, 2019
Pistotita:

July 16 - The zeal was made known on nairaland. With no assets. Buy you have N200k. Have you forgotten? Or are you trying to combine Agriculture with the idea you have? Or was Agric the idea that you collected money from people? Scary!

July 24, This looks scaty. No capital again? No more capital 13 days after you declared you have N200k and you ask ppl to invest in your idea. You opted to work on farms. Very interesting. grin

August 3, you tried business thread to ask more opinions on different businesses. But N700k landed again 10 days after you declared you don't have start up capital. Ok. Looks like the money you collected from people who you told to invest in your ideas. Lol. Chai!

August 4: 7 days after you raise N700k, you don chop N100k from the money. "Chineke!" shocked shocked shocked

God bless you!

Lolzz, he didn't knew we get Boss here...

Hope he is not trying to scam someone sha? grin
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by jesmond3945: 7:44am On Aug 05, 2019
aremuforlife:
he needs machine for that
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by jesmond3945: 7:47am On Aug 05, 2019
Bookienightmare:
experience is the best teacher. I have lost over 5 Million Naira investing in Cassava. The crash dripped abruptly and there was no way to preserve it. It rotted away. Ever since then, I have been doing preservable crops. After harvesting, I just bag and wait for the price to suit me before I sell.
please mention other preservable crops. GOD bless.
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 05, 2019
Bookienightmare:
What you don't know about, don't advise against it. A man's meat is another's poison.

Teeisaac:

Best advice ever kiss
Which best advise? Everything has pros and cons. Go and ask people who traded grains this year. Have you not been following market? So, you also do not know that buying and storing carries it's own risk? The issue is that investors must study the businesses they want to do, and make sure thet get it right. And they must also be prepared to absorb the risk in it. Shikena.

Bookienightmare:
But if it's Perishable crops, you will have no choice than to sell at any price thrown to your face because of you don't, it will spoil.
You don't know about perishable products, you dived in it, and it crashed. Simple as ABC.

Bookienightmare:

What you need is to learn the trick of the business before diving in. That cassava you did and lost, you were suppose to process it to garri flour, fufu flour, or starch. That is where the money is sir. But you don't know about the business. So, tell me how you will lose. Don't you at least dry corn? It's also processing.

Concerning perishable fruits and vegetables, you need to learn them very well. Know glut and scarce periods. Know when buyers rush farmers and farmers can do "yanga", and target those periods. You certainly do not know about the business. Go through the cucumber threads, despite we are even telling them that it's no more profitable as before, guys are jumping into it because it's more profitable than that corn you did, but of course with higher risks. Lol. How much are you going to make from corn if you compare with fruits. Sir, you don't know anything ooo. So, just leave it there. What you know, you know. Keep doing what you know, and its ok.Then, if you want to know other areas, dive in gradually. Go through my threads and you see how I lay emphasis on marketing. That is what you should had done before you produce that perishable good you did. You gat to market rigorously before sowing your seeds, and not after. You know where you want to sell, and not panic after producing. That's called profitable strategies. If you had done it before planting cassava, you would had known processing to garri, flour, or starch were your best options. And you would had prepared the cash to do it since you said you lost 5 million naira. That's some cra.zy cash you could use to make huge profit in vegetable farming with rest of mind, and no panicking if you know what to do.

Bookienightmare:
i noticed all these too but I just carry face because He didn't ask me to bring money
Be careful with investments. Investors like OP has high tendency of stressing you. His risks tolerance is low too as shown from the points I highlighted. And any slight mistake, such can take drastic actions that will affect your business. You better be careful.

If the man/lady needs my advice, surely, I will give him/her free. And show him/her how to navigate it. But he needs time. And I am afraid that he's collected investments, and now desperate. And that's failure even when he's not started.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by healthserve(m): 7:53am On Aug 05, 2019
Pistotita:

What you don't know about, don't advise against it. A man's meat is another's poison.

Which best advise? Everything has pros and cons. Go and ask people who traded grains this year. Have you not been following market? So, you also do not know that buying and storing carries it's own risk? The issue is that investors must study the businesses they want to do, and make sure thet get it right. And they must also be prepared to absorb the risk in it. Shikena.

You don't know about perishable products, you dived in it, and it crashed. Simple as ABC.

What you need is to learn the trick of the business before diving in. That cassava you did and lost, you were suppose to process it to garri flour, fufu flour, or starch. That is where the money is sir. But you don't know about the business. So, tell me how you will lose. Don't you at least dry corn? It's also processing.

Concerning perishable fruits and vegetables, you need to learn them very well. Know glut and scarce periods. Know when buyers rush farmers and farmers can do "yanga", and target those periods. You certainly do not know about the business. Go through the cucumber threads, despite we are even telling them that it's no more profitable as before, guys are jumping into it because it's more profitable than that corn you did, but of course with higher risks. Lol. How much are you going to make from corn if you compare with fruits. Sir, you don't know anything ooo. So, just leave it there. What you know, you know. Keep doing what you know, and its ok.Then, if you want to know other areas, dive in gradually. Go through my threads and you see how I lay emphasis on marketing. That is what you should had done before you produce that perishable good you did. You gat to market rigorously before sowing your seeds, and not after. You know where you want to sell, and not panic after producing. That's called profitable strategies. If you has done it before planting cassava, you would had known processing to garri, flour, or starch were your best option. And you would had prepared the cash to do it since you said you lost 5 million naira. That's some cra.zy cash you could use to make huge profit in vegetable farming with rest of mind, and no panicking if you know what to do.

Be careful with investments. Investors like OP has high tendency of stressing you. His risks tolerance is low too as shown from the points I highlighted. And any slight mistake, such can take drastic actions that will affect your business. You better be careful.

If the man/lady needs my advice, surely, I will give him/her free. And show him/her how to navigate it. But he needs time. And I am afraid that he's collected investments, and now desperate. And that's failure even when he's not started.

I couldn't agree less. Spot on analysis

1 Like

Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Idemujoseph: 7:57am On Aug 05, 2019
windofjustice:
Judging from your previous posts that OGA pistotita quoted, you are nothing but a SCAMMER!
I MEAN A STUPID SCAMMER!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by healthserve(m): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2019
Idemujoseph:
Judging from your previous posts that OGA pistotita quoted, you are nothing but a SCAMMER!
I MEAN A STUPID SCAMMER!!!

Hahaha I wouldn't call him that cheesy
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Bookienightmare: 8:22am On Aug 05, 2019
Pistotita:

Concerning perishable fruits and vegetables, you need to learn them very well. Know glut and scarce periods. Know when buyers rush farmers and farmers can do "yanga", and target those periods. You certainly do not know about the business. Go through the cucumber threads, despite we are even telling them that it's no more profitable as before, guys are jumping into it because it's more profitable than that corn you did, but of course with higher risks. Lol. How much are you going to make from corn if you compare with fruits. Sir, you don't know anything ooo. So, just leave it there. What you know, you know. Keep doing what you know, and its ok.Then, if you want to know other areas, dive in gradually. Go through my threads and you see how I lay emphasis on marketing. That is what you should had done before you produce that perishable good you did. You gat to market rigorously before sowing your seeds, and not after. You know where you want to sell, and not panic after producing. That's called profitable strategies. If you had done it before planting cassava, you would had known processing to garri, flour, or starch were your best options. And you would had prepared the cash to do it since you said you lost 5 million naira. That's some cra.zy cash you could use to make huge profit in vegetable farming with rest of mind, and no panicking if you know what to do.

thank you very much sir.
I am not here to argue or aportion fault but rather to learn more. I don't just plant for planting sake. Unmake sure I have ready-made buyers before planting. I had an agreement with 3 companies before planting my Cassava, when the time for harvest came, 2 were out of business while the last one had structural problem. I had to look for another company to buy. With luck on my side, I got 2 companies (both foreign owned). If you see what i went through in their hand as regards payment, hmmmm. Bro, I am not a novice in Agriculture, infact I was born and bred in it.
You were talking about processing into Gaari, Starch and the rest. I have over 150 Acres of Cassava. Do you know the TIME/LABOUR/CAPITAL it will take to process it all into Gaari? The question is how much is even that bowl of Gaari? (#100). I am not forcing you to accept my point because I am a Man of few words, but like I said earlier, only plant preservable crops. I have stored my Maize now for over 7 Months and nothing happened to it. It only lost 2% of its weight which is highly negligible compared to Perishable crops that would have rotten away. Peace

Lest I forget, I Am a Cucumber and Watermelon farmer. My Cucumber is the largest you can't ever imagine, Kareem F1 is a learner compared to the specie I plant, trust me when I say so. If your location is not far, I can send Sample to you.
I can equally share the seed with you. But you will share your market with me too. I presently supply some Supermarkets and Mile 12 market in Lagos
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by Bookienightmare: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2019
jesmond3945:
please mention other preservable crops. GOD bless.
Maize, Melon, Soyabeans, Rice, Cotton, it remains one that I wouldn't share because I am still cashing in on it. But you can't even exhaust the already mentioned ones.
Re: I Want To Invest ₦600,000 In Agriculture by healthserve(m): 8:38am On Aug 05, 2019
Bookienightmare:
thank you very much sir.
I am not here to argue or aportion fault but rather to learn more. I don't just plant for planting sake. Unmake sure I have ready-made buyers before planting. I had an agreement with 3 companies before planting my Cassava, when the time for harvest came, 2 were out of business while the last one had structural problem. I had to look for another company to buy. With luck on my side, I got 2 companies (both foreign owned). If you see what i went through in their hand as regards payment, hmmmm. Bro, I am not a novice in Agriculture, infact I was born and bred in it.
You were talking about processing into Gaari, Starch and the rest. I have over 150 Acres of Cassava. Do you know the TIME/LABOUR/CAPITAL it will take to process it all into Gaari? The question is how much is even that bowl of Gaari? (#100). I am not forcing you to accept my point because I am a Man of few words, but like I said earlier, only plant preservable crops. I have stored my Maize now for over 7 Months and nothing happened to it. It only lost 2% of its weight which is highly negligible compared to Perishable crops that would have rotten away. Peace

Lest I forget, I Am a Cucumber and Watermelon farmer. My Cucumber is the largest you can't ever imagine, Kareem F1 is a learner compared to the specie I plant, trust me when I say so. If your location is not far, I can send Sample to you.
I can equally share the seed with you. But you will share your market with me too. I presently supply some Supermarkets and Mile 12 market in Lagos

You're both right however harvest musnt be done at once. Processing can be done in stages just the same way they were planted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cheap Land In Ibadan For Farming Or Residential Purpose from 50k/plot, 250k/acre / Kale Vegetable In Nigeria / My Catfish Farm (diary)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.