Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,302 members, 7,850,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:59 PM

Parenting A Godly Child - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Parenting A Godly Child (198 Views)

8 Important Observations For A Godly Worship As Christians / Noah : A Godly Man In A Perverse Generation / A Godly Christian Lady Doesn't Wear High Heels - Evangelist Akande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parenting A Godly Child by movingclouds(m): 8:22am On Aug 06, 2019
PARENTING

There is this saying "A man is what he eats". According to the book of Matthew 15:11, this literally might not only mean what enters through our mouth. Rephrasing the quote is "A man is what he feeds on".
The ears feed on what we hear
The eyes feed on what we see
The mind feeds on our thought(our thought is what we silently say about self which usually results from the defeat encountered from what we hear others say about us or how we see them behave towards us)
We're gonna make use of the aforementioned quote for the title of this article.
There are three basic factors to be considered when parenting a child
(1) Parent to parent relationship
(2) Parents to child relationship
(3) Parents to relatives/neighbors/others
PARENT TO PARENT
People usually say a pastor's child has the tendency of being so bad. For many years, even as a teen, I believed this because the few I knew were truly ungodly. As I grew up, my acceptance of this grew with me and rose rapidly on a sad afternoon. On this afternoon, a friend of mine wronged a pastor and like a father would do a son, he said to my friend "you're not too big for the rod". But this man had a young son who liked me so much, this boy came in to us and found us discussing the issue that just happened. The boy interfered and said "uncle don't mind my daddy, that's how be beats my mom at home". I was shocked, I looked at my friend and I thought within myself "no wonder this boy is spoilt"
Oh truly, Charity begins at home. You can't expect people to help you train your child when you refused to. Children at their tender ages, easily accept what they hear parents say and what they see them do as the most suitable and they easily feed on that. In my own experience, I've observed that children who grow up to be aggressive are children of parents who disrespect each other. What we utter and how we behave in their presence matters a lot. The book of Ephesians 5:22-25 is a great passage to learn from as parents. Love and respect are the keys to having a peaceful home, and this peace becomes the meal of your children, they feed on it and become so peaceful towards others.
Remember, what's happening within the shut door of your house is known to others. Because your child is a mirror that reflects the image of your home

To be continued

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Sinful For My Husband And Me To Pray Against Pregnancy? - John Piper / Day 4 Of Rccg Convention Morning Session / Before That Dead Line, God Will Show Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.