Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO (2081 Views)

How To Fix 2003-2007 Honda Accord Master Window Switch / Between The 2003 Big Daddy, toyota yaris 2006 And The 2004 Matrix / 2003-2007 Accord Or 2002-2006 Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by barrydee(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2019

Re: Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by Woofer: 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
Following....
Re: Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by AshipaEk0: 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2019
Nissans are for people who don't cheap out on maintenance.

Nigerians do not like to not spend money on cars, oftentimes can barely afford to.

will give to incompetent barely literate mechanics who will cause more harm.

Conclusion: 'its a bad car' 'run' etc.

The simple criteria for a good car in Nigeria is the ability to deviate far from manufacturer specs and requirements and have the car still moving

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by naijadrivablog: 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
I prefer Infinity FX35, though may have electric issues (Power window may misbehave, fuel guage not working and it cost about 25k, etc) but it is a "balanced " CUV with 22" tires and that sound from the exhaust is something else,Premium BOSE sound system etc.

The issue I noticed is that that engine "eats" oil but I learnt it was because of the type of oil used.

I have driven it so, I know.

Side by side, many people still drive their FX 35 for years and people are still buying but what about the Murano?

There is a reason that people run away from Nissan Murano.

cc:
barrydee
Re: Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by weyreypey: 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2019
village pple be winking at you

barrydee:

Why are Muranos so cheap when sold as Naija used?
You will see a very clean used Murano being sold for 550/650k with the owner begging you to buy. Even the Toks is not more than 1.5M. Nissan Murano in my opinion is a beautiful CUV with a posh modern looking interior. The interior is stylish & has the standard Bose surround sound system that delivers sounds that makes you feel like you are in a club house. I have personally test driven it & trust me, it is a beast if you press that pedal to the floor & it handles more like a sports car than an SUV/CUV .
Asides the fragile CVT it came with(if not properly maintained), why is Murano so underrated?
It's 3.5 Liter V6 is an award winning engine & is known to be very rugged and reliable.
Does the Murano break down easily? Cuz I'm yet to see one that left its owner stranded on the road.
Abi it is more complicated than I think.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by barrydee(m): 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
weyreypey:
village pple be winking at you

Sir,
I suggest you convince me with facts why MURANO is a bad and problematic car.
All I hear from people is 'Run' from it without anybody stating with facts why it's a bad car.
Every car has its bad side and there are some brands of cars that don't tolerate abuse eg Peugeot, Audi, volks, Benz, volvo etc yet people buy and drive these cars in naija everyday.
Apart from the fragile transmission which requires to be serviced ONLY by NISSAN NS2 CVT oil, what are the other Cons of the car?

P.S there are some Murano owners who have driven their cars for 5 or more years without transmission replacement.
Re: Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by weyreypey: 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
village peeps on your case

barrydee:

Sir,
I suggest you convince me with facts why MURANO is a bad and problematic car.
All I hear from people is 'Run' from it without anybody stating with facts why it's a bad car.
Every car has its bad side and there are some brands of cars who don't tolerate abuse eg Peugeot, Benz, volvo etc yet people buy and drive these cars in naija everyday.
Apart from the fragile transmission which requires to be serviced ONLY by NISSAN NS2 CVT oil, what are the other Cons of the car?

P.S there are some Murano owners who have driven their cars for 5 or more years without transmission replacement.
Re: Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by barrydee(m): 1:35pm On Aug 08, 2019
weyreypey:
village peeps on your case

Same to you
Re: Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by weyreypey: 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
hehehehe buy the murano...... you'll understand me. I no dey tempt village peeps

barrydee:

Same to you

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by RZArecta2(m): 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
This topic has been flogged extensively several times with different types of koboko even as recently as last month, nobody stopped op from getting the car or enjoying it if he already has after all it’s dirt cheap to buy
Re: Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by barrydee(m): 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
weyreypey:
hehehehe buy the murano...... you'll understand me. I no dey tempt village peeps

LOL!
Present your facts bro so we can learn from it. I want to be convinced. What can still go wrong with Murano if the engine & the transmission are regularly serviced by their recommended fluids?That you obviously hate the car doesn't mean it's a bad ride. It's different stokes for different folks in the world we live in.
Afterall I have met people who have sworn never to buy a Lexus Rx330 that it's a problematic car.
Re: Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by nurey(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2019
naijadrivablog:
I prefer Infinity FX35, though may have electric issues (Power window may misbehave, fuel guage not working and it cost about 25k, etc) but it is a "balanced " CUV with 22" tires and that sound from the exhaust is something else,Premium BOSE sound system etc.

The issue I noticed is that that engine "eats" oil but I learnt it was because of the type of oil used.

I have driven it so, I know.

Side by side, many people still drive their FX 35 for years and people are still buying but what about the Murano?

There is a reason that people run away from Nissan Murano.

cc:
barrydee

Murano and fx35 utilize same engine but FX35 uses pure Automatic transmission while Murano uses CVT. When Murano first arrived naija the normal automatic transmission fluid was used which caused mass failure.

Next is the transfer case for the 4wd model it leaks oil if not noticed early it fails and bye bye to your transmission.

Apart from those easily avoided scenario Murano is a driver's car anyway anytime

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO by weyreypey: 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
I have always knew you were wicked...but this takes it to a whole new level....

nurey:

Murano and fx35 utilize same engine but FX35 uses pure Automatic transmission while Murano uses CVT. When Murano first arrived naija the normal automatic transmission fluid was used which caused mass failure.

Next is the transfer case for the 4wd model it leaks oil if not noticed early it fails and bye bye to your transmission.

Apart from those easily avoided scenario Murano is a driver's car anyway anytime

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2012 Bmw 5 Series Vs 2010 MB E350 Vs 2014 Honda Accord? / Clean Registered 2006 Toyota Corolla For Sale / Manual Transmission Of Nissan Making Loud Noise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.