Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

How To Fix 2003-2007 Honda Accord Master Window Switch - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Fix 2003-2007 Honda Accord Master Window Switch (1721 Views)

Let's Talk About The 2003-2007 NISSAN MURANO / How To Change The Front Left Engine Mount Of A Honda Accord (2003 – 2007 Models) / 2003-2007 Accord Or 2002-2006 Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Fix 2003-2007 Honda Accord Master Window Switch by Macmilla(m): 7:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
Do you have a 2003-2007 Honda accord or any other Honda car that use same master window switch?
Do you have the problem where only the driver's window works, and when you operate the other windows, you hear only a click?
Have you been told you will buy a replacement switch?
YOU DON'T HAVE TO! unless you just want to waste money. tongue

The above problem is the commonest problem with this accord window switch, but other faults are possible. So let's first make sure this will actually fix your problem. To do this, while everything is still connected, you have to jump pin 1 (black wire) and pin 3 (white/green wire). See pictures below. After bridging two wires, check if all the other windows work.
Do they? If yes, then this will work for you.
Now you might be tempted to leave it this way since everything now works. But that will be a big mistake cos two days later, your car battery will be drained. This is because the other switches will remain on even when you have turned off your car, the light of these switches can be seen on. Not a very smart idea. Don't take this short cut, it will cut your battery short. grin

Now disassemble the master switch completely and bring out the pcb. You will need a short wire and a soldering iron to connect the two points pointed in the pictures below.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO BRIDGE ANY OTHER POINTS WITH YOUR SOLDER. DONT BLAME ME IF YOU MESS UP UR CAR.
After bridging the two points with a short wire, reassemble the whole thing back.
If you do the soldering right, all the windows will function and turn off as expected. NO BATTERY DRAIN. They will also roll up with the remote as supposed.

Thanks to Z-speed on youtube.

2 Likes

Re: How To Fix 2003-2007 Honda Accord Master Window Switch by kellystech(m): 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
I'm going to try this tomorrow I'm having serious issues with mine
Re: How To Fix 2003-2007 Honda Accord Master Window Switch by Macmilla(m): 11:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
kellystech:
I'm going to try this tomorrow I'm having serious issues with mine
Is it the same issue described above?
Re: How To Fix 2003-2007 Honda Accord Master Window Switch by kellystech(m): 8:06am On Jun 12, 2020
Macmilla:

Is it the same issue described above?
yes!
Re: How To Fix 2003-2007 Honda Accord Master Window Switch by Macmilla(m): 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
kellystech:
yes!
OK, it should work for you. Just follow the steps as I stated.
If you have any questions, I will be here to answer them.
Let me know if it works.
Re: How To Fix 2003-2007 Honda Accord Master Window Switch by kellystech(m): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2020
Macmilla:

OK, it should work for you. Just follow the steps as I stated.
If you have any questions, I will be here to answer them.
Let me know if it works.
it worked! Thanks so much for the information

(1) (Reply)

Ordering Car Please Advice / Truck Moving Without Front Tyres In Nigeria / My Car Vibrates When Speeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.