Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile (1293 Views)

LASU Part-time Students Protest, Shut Fashola’s Office / Lasu Part Time Campus Result Is Out. Good Luck Lasuites / Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by princeyomm: 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2010
HELLO HOUSE,
I WONDER WHY MANY PEOPLE, MOST ESPECIALLY THE WORKING CLASS ENROLL FOR A PART -TIME COURSE IN A UNIVERSITY LIKE LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY. WELL, TO MANY THIS MAY SOUND ABSURD, BUT WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF UNDERTAKING A FIVE YEAR DEGREE COURSE FOR SIX AND HALF YEARS WITHOUT NO CERTIFICATE.
IMAGINE GRADUATING FROM THIS SO CALLED USELESS SCHOOL, SINCE 2007/2008 WITH SECOND CLASS UPPER WITH NO CERTIFICATE TO SHOW FOR IT AFTER 3YRS.
many opportunities have been missing, such as promotions at work, getting better offers of jobs, inability to run a second degree and the aura of being a graduate, am a victim of this, and i feel so sorry for those who are there at the moment, cos i have suffered a lot for not having a certificate, LASU PART-TIME STUDIES A WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES!
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by Odunnu: 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2010
My dear,cool your temper.
I graduated from UNN in '07 and til today I havent seen what my certificate look like. I think its a Nigerian thing. I've been doing everythng with my transcript I paid N3500 to get and my Statement of result. If you have these two papers,rejoice and move on.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by Mikeloo: 5:13am On Oct 19, 2010
That is why it is now called LASU Extension of Secondary School (LASUES).

Many people are there because the Nigerian system needs a degree holder no matter the cost.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by Danelo(m): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2010
Na wa oo,nd i jst got d form 4 their part time, any altanativ pls.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by Danelo(m): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2010
Na wa oo,nd i jst got d form 4 their part time, any altanativ pls.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by filibust: 9:32am On Oct 19, 2010
The educational system in Nigeria is dead discouraging.
To get admission into a full time programme,na wahala.
Getting an alternative through the part.time is problem.
I was just considering this lasu part time programme as well as the problems that follow.

Would you guys advise that i proceed with the registration? I don't need the knowledge,all i need is just the name of any degree awarding institution and maybe the certificate.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by luvola(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2010
since d op knws d sch is useless he is also useless for attending a useless sch abi den force u make u go d sch.tsss
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by Masterbiodun: 9:51am On Oct 19, 2010
@luvola,pls is d form out and where can some1 buy.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by princeyomm: 10:21am On Oct 19, 2010
hello luvola,
i no blame you, he be like say dem born u with silver spoon, or probably u are just so lucky, or ur school fees is been paid by someone, just imagine yourself as a working class with no CERTIFICATE, not even NOTIFICATION OF RESULT, talk less of A TRANSCRIPT, no be ur fault, definitely u go be one of professor hussein family. always think twice before u reply.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by princeyomm: 10:27am On Oct 19, 2010
hello luvola,
Master.biodun:

@luvola,pls is d form out and where can some1 buy.
luvola:

since d op knws d sch is useless he is also useless for attending a useless sch abi den force u make u go d sch.tsss
Odunnu:

My dear,cool your temper.
I graduated from UNN in '07 and til today I havent seen what my certificate look like. I think its a Nigerian thing. I've been doing everythng with my transcript I paid N3500 to get and my Statement of result. If you have these two papers,rejoice and move on.

hello dear,
not even a notification of result was given, talk less of a transcript, at least wiyh that one could forge ahead with a second degree, i tell you, its a pain in the bone and a waste of time and regret,
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by Odunnu: 11:55am On Oct 19, 2010
Chei! Your own na wa o.
I was crying I graduated but dont have a certificate until I met a Prince who graduated without a statement of result.
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2010
Though the OP's points are true about LASUSPTS, that does not mean it's such a bad try.

The standard is the same with any regular University.

I just hope it improves in the area the OP is complaining about!
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by luvola(m): 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ donp - thanks for d reply, op - go to d sch and complain and not here
Re: Lasu Part-time Studies : Is Irrelevant, Useless And Futile by samurat(m): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
stop lamenting.it is done in most of the nigerian universities.you are discouraging others.this is a public site.stop discouragement

(1) (Reply)

Jkk Etc Utme Biometrics / Babcock University Postume / Please An Advice Is Needed Urgently On (MSC Or PGD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.