Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations (8840 Views)

SIM Infractions: NCC Fines Glo, Airtel, MTN N78.5m / Did You Receive Any Lockdown Bonus From MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile? / How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations by Mcreloaded(m): 7:39am On Aug 07, 2019
The regulator had introduced the 2442 Do-Not-Disturb short-code activation for subscribers not interested in receiving unsolicited text

This 2442 code is it for selected customers because I just dialled it on my Airtel and it says I " I am not allowed to dial this number", while my MTN said ," the number dialled is incorrect".

Should I have sent it as SMS .
Really would like if these so called short code can be made available to customers and it should also work and not to selected few customers as the information is not circulated
What am I even complaining of after all MTN will still do worse.
Re: NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations by DavidEsq(m): 7:56am On Aug 07, 2019
johnaruson:
AIRTEL SCAMMED ME: The dangled 3GB for 1k but when i paid the gave me 1.5GB instead of 3GB which they offered. Which way Nigeria?
Forward a complaint to NCC but first drag airtel on twitter.
Re: NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 07, 2019
johnaruson:
AIRTEL SCAMMED ME: The dangled 3GB for 1k but when i paid the gave me 1.5GB instead of 3GB which they offered. Which way Nigeria?

Use *141# to check ur data balance. When promoted type the number that corresponds with check data balance. Wait for the text, u will see ur double data

1 Like

Re: NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations by DarkJeddi(m): 8:41am On Aug 07, 2019
nick50:
Paving way for glo to excel..
Airtel na THIEVES, subscribing you to services you NEVER opted for and conveniently giving you the code to opt out after milking your credit..

God punish them.. angry
Re: NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations by luluosas(m): 9:06am On Aug 07, 2019
Sorry ooooooo, but if you buy shared data from resellers, no form of cheating
johnaruson:
Re: NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations by themanderon: 9:08am On Aug 07, 2019
The telco always engage in one corporate criminality or the other. One big way in which these guys steal from the unsuspecting public is through automatic forwarding of voice calls to Voicemail. Imagine calling someone and your are looking at your phone and you suddenly see that the call timer has started, you say hello and you hear one useless lady uttering rubbish and bam you check you balance and you have been charged. imagine how much these thieves make from that? Think about all the illiterates Nationwide that have fallen for that voicemail shit. This is wrong and Ncc should look into it.
For etisalat or 9mobile those ones will tell you that you data will expire on a certain day and when its 00.01hrs of that day they take your data instead of waiting for the day to expire like others do. They are all Fraudsters

2 Likes

Re: NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations by Herdeybayo1(m): 9:38am On Aug 07, 2019
Good for them
Re: NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations by MartinsD12(m): 10:05am On Aug 07, 2019
johnaruson:
I saw the same thing after I did 2.5gb + 1gb for night I was given 2.5gb bonus,

Re: NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations by johnaruson(m): 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2019
I did just that but, after i i culled AIRTEL customer care
DavidEsq:

Forward a complaint to NCC but first drag airtel on twitter.
Re: NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations by DavidEsq(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2019
johnaruson:
I did just that but, after i i culled AIRTEL customer care
Good. Have they tweeted a reply?
Re: NCC Fines Airtel, 9mobile N136m For Violating Industry Regulations by johnaruson(m): 12:04am On Aug 08, 2019
AIRTEL costumer care kept lying that the 3gb is in my phone but failed to show me how to check it or they cant text me with that, i will report them.
DavidEsq:

Good. Have they tweeted a reply?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Easy Talk, Free Calls / Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. / How To Change Ur Java Phone Operator Logo To Ur Own Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.