Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? (3463 Views)

Which Country Can 10m Take Me To In This Present Economy / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million / Nigerians, Lets Go On A Vacation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by prettytasha(f): 12:51am On Aug 07, 2019
Hello everyone , I'm thinking of visiting an African country for a vacation , what country can I visit ? .
I need something with good tourist attraction , safe , and also very economical . Preferably west African countries , but any other one is ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by Generalissimo75(m): 12:56am On Aug 07, 2019
Gambia

1 Like

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by prettytasha(f): 1:03am On Aug 07, 2019
Generalissimo75:
Gambia
Gambia ? ,Do they have tourist attractions ? I did a Google search and saw Seychelles and cape verde ... They seem to have nice places , do you have any info about them ?
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by Generalissimo75(m): 1:10am On Aug 07, 2019
Do a Google search on Gambia as a tourists destination

1 Like

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by prettytasha(f): 1:11am On Aug 07, 2019
Generalissimo75:
Do a Google search on Gambia as a tourists destination
alright thanks
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by Generalissimo75(m): 1:13am On Aug 07, 2019
prettytasha:
alright thanks
You are welcome
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by blesskewe(f): 1:14am On Aug 07, 2019
Ghana
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by czarina(f): 1:28am On Aug 07, 2019
Any Eastern Africa country; Ethiopia or Tanzania.

Personally, I see most West African countries as another version of Naija.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by Baruda741: 1:50am On Aug 07, 2019
Zanzibar, you'll thank me later

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by dingbang(m): 1:52am On Aug 07, 2019
Baruda741:
Zanzibar, you'll thank me later
thank you . will check this out cool
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by SmallmebigGod: 3:00am On Aug 07, 2019
Yea, Tanzania is good , visit many places and make sure you include Zanzibar. Ethiopia is not so settled for now, don't get trapped

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by AlliengodJ: 3:04am On Aug 07, 2019
Hi Fam,

Pls which of the Africa countries can I visit in 3 months time? Try applying for Tanzanian visa online with my Nigeria passport but they insist for local referal host to get a visa on arrival & also same thing for Uganda, am a permanent resident in the US but i do like to explore east Africa, Visa on arrivals only (2-3 countries would be cool)
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by AlliengodJ: 3:07am On Aug 07, 2019
AlliengodJ:
Hi Fam,

Pls which of the Africa countries can I visit in 3 months time? Try applying for Tanzanian visa online with my Nigeria passport but they insist for local referal host to get a visa on arrival, I'm a permanent resident in the US but i do like to explore east Africa, Visa on arrivals only (2-3 countries would be cool)
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by SmallmebigGod: 3:38am On Aug 07, 2019
AlliengodJ:
Hi Fam,

Pls which of the Africa countries can I visit in 3 months time? Try applying for Tanzanian visa online with my Nigeria passport but they insist for local referal host to get a visa on arrival & also same thing for Uganda, am a permanent resident in the US but i do like to explore east Africa, Visa on arrivals only (2-3 countries would be cool)
There are lot of Tourism agencies and agents in Tanzania, am sure one of them can invite you.
BTW I'm suprised with your US PR/even Visa , you can't get Tanzania Visa on arrival. Have you checked well?
Here in Nigeria someone can even submit your passport for you and you get the visa as long as the required documents are there
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by prettytasha(f): 8:20am On Aug 07, 2019
SmallmebigGod:
Yea, Tanzania is good , visit many places and make sure you include Zanzibar. Ethiopia is not so settled for now, don't get trapped
ok no problem , would visit there . Can you give me an estimate on costs ?
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by AlliengodJ: 9:23am On Aug 07, 2019
SmallmebigGod:

There are lot of Tourism agencies and agents in Tanzania, am sure one of them can invite you.
BTW I'm suprised with your US PR/even Visa , you can't get Tanzania Visa on arrival. Have you checked well?
Here in Nigeria someone can even submit your passport for you and you get the visa as long as the required documents are there

Thanks for your reply boss this help alot, I work alot and hardly time to deal with the visa and moreover Tanzania embassy # in DC are not helpful, i will go with the tourism agancies.... Thanks so much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by AngelicBeing: 10:31am On Aug 07, 2019
czarina:
Any Eastern Africa country; Ethiopia or Tanzania.

Personally, I see most West African countries as another version of Naija.

grin

1 Like

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by AngelicBeing: 10:44am On Aug 07, 2019
AlliengodJ:
Hi Fam,

Do this, fly to Rwanda, on arrival apply for ETV, East African tourist visa allows you to enter Rwanda / Uganda / Kenya for 90 days and it cost 100 dollars, the sticker will be fixed on your passport at Kigali airport and you are stamped into the country, enjoy Kigali and take a bus from Kigali to Uganda / Kampala it cost around 10,000 to 15,000 Rwanda franc which is about 6000 naira, at Uganda border, you will be asked few questions and stamped into the country, from Uganda you can go to Kenya as well but since you have a US green card, it might be easier for Kenya immigration to allow you in via land border because they have started refusing Nigerians to enter the country via land border because of the nonsense some idiots have done in the past especially yahoo and drug boys but I think they will allow you because of your US green card, I did all the above the few times l visited East Africa and it worked for me.....

Caveat>>>>> with only your Nigerian passport, you might be refused entry via land border into Kenya despite having the ETV, they will tell you to go and fly into Nairobi but with your GREEN CARD, it is an added advantage for you to be allowed entry via land border, l have always entered via land border into the East African countries because I have a second passport l bring out if kasala happens and they want to start too much grammar especially when they see the Nigerian passport, good luck grin

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by AlliengodJ: 10:54pm On Aug 07, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Do this, fly to Rwanda, on arrival apply for ETV, East African tourist visa allows you to enter Rwanda / Uganda / Kenya for 90 days and it cost 100 dollars, the sticker will be fixed on your passport at Kigali airport and you are stamped into the country, enjoy Kigali and take a bus from Kigali to Uganda / Kampala it cost around 10,000 to 15,000 Rwanda franc which is about 6000 naira, at Uganda border, you will be asked few questions and stamped into the country, from Uganda you can go to Kenya as well but since you have a US green card, it might be easier for Kenya immigration to allow you in via land border because they have started refusing Nigerians to enter the country via land border because of the nonsense some idiots have done in the past especially yahoo and drug boys but I think they will allow you because of your US green card, I did all the above the few times l visited East Africa and it worked for me.....

Caveat>>>>> with only your Nigerian passport, you might be refused entry via land border into Kenya despite having the ETV, they will tell you to go and fly into Nairobi but with your GREEN CARD, it is an added advantage for you to be allowed entry via land border, l have always entered via land border into the East African countries because I have a second passport l bring out if kasala happens and they want to start too much grammar especially when they see the Nigerian passport, good luck grin

You are a genius, thanks so much brother with the loads of informations, appreciate it, does the ETV valid for Tanzanian also? Would like to tour around zanzibar �

1 Like

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by AlliengodJ: 4:14am On Aug 08, 2019
AngelicBeing:

Checked in Google but I doesn't cover T12 East Africa Visa only cover Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda.

Thanks so much brother... Appreciate it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by AngelicBeing: 8:35am On Aug 08, 2019
AlliengodJ:

Checked in Google but I doesn't cover T12 East Africa Visa only cover Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda.

Thanks so much brother... Appreciate it
lt doesn't cover Tanzania but it will give you an added advantage having it on your passport because it covers those 3 countries l mentioned but you can also book a 4 or 5 star hotel in Tanzania, tell them to act as your sponsors to the country and that you are coming for vacation, mention the number of days you will spend in Tanzania and let them indicate it in the invitation letter to you , you will be able to navigate the land border, your US GREEN CARD is a plus for you as well, once they see your hotel reservation / invitation, your return ticket back to the US, and enough BTA on you (cash preferably) they will stamp you visa on arrival wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by Jake420: 11:08am On Aug 08, 2019
Ignore everything else here and visit Morroco and see Casablanca, Copacabana.
Morroco is beautiful with lots of exotic culture and tourist attractions beeautiful people, great food and mesmerizing art and music it's like Spain in Africa but still better than Spain imo
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by 2special(m): 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by roughdiamond(m): 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
Assinie in Ivory Coast. You will enjoy your stay
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by TMKsouth: 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2019
prettytasha:
Hello everyone , I'm thinking of visiting an African country for a vacation , what country can I visit ? .
I need something with good tourist attraction , safe , and also very economical . Preferably west African countries , but any other one is ok

Choose Namibia. Safe and beautiful, but not sure if it comes cheap.
1.6 million tourists went there just last year in a country of a similar population size.

1 Share

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by Asquare84(m): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2019
you will be surprise Nigerian have better tourist attraction than most of the countries mention above, i don't know if you have heard of the following tourist destination in Nigerian

(1) yankari game reserve

(2) obudu Cattle ranch

(3) ogomo game reserve

(4) kainji game reserve
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by AngelicBeing: 8:23pm On Aug 09, 2019
Asquare84:
you will be surprise Nigerian have better tourist attraction than most of the countries mention above, i don't know if you have heard of the following tourist destination in Nigerian

(1) yankari game reserve

(2) obudu Cattle ranch

(3) ogomo game reserve

(4) kainji game reserve
You are right, since Nigeria now has the best security in the world, l wonder why some people prefer going for tourism outside Nigeria, Nigeria is the safest country on earth and even at that tourist are not coming to Nigeria, l wonder why? shocked

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by AleAirHub(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2019
AngelicBeing:
You are right, since Nigeria now has the best security in the world, l wonder why some people prefer going for tourism outside Nigeria, Nigeria is the safest country on earth and even at that tourist are not coming to Nigeria, l wonder why? shocked

14 Likes

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by CryptoBo: 8:19pm On Aug 21, 2019
I think Africa is not a very suitable country for travel, I would go there at the very least.
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by czarina(f): 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Nigeria has great places though, the Yankari reserve for example is one place every Nigerian looking to enjoy a good vacation within should visit.

It's beautiful there.
Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by DonDaniDee(m): 8:39pm On Aug 22, 2019
AngelicBeing:

I personally recommend this post. You did a very good job. I will also want to try it out. I am planning a business trip to Lome, Togo and from there to Ghana then back to Nigeria. I will look forward to a trip to Rwanda.

2 Likes

Re: What African Country Can I Visit For A Vacation ? by Bamz(m): 12:06am On Sep 02, 2019
AngelicBeing:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twin Buddhist Temples On 7,992ft Tall Mountain With 8,800 Stairs In China (Pics) / Coming To The Uk: Is It Easier To Come To Uk As A Spouse Than As A Student? / Passport Stamping Is Finally Free At Seme Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.