Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Prayers For Nigeria: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers For Nigeria: (2441 Views)

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / Specific Biblical Prayers For Interpreted Dreams / Prayer Hub (request For Prayers For Any Need) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayers For Nigeria: by RemKen: 12:40am On Oct 19, 2010
I want everyone that BELIEVES in prayers and have burden to pray for our country to please join us in praying for  Nigeria.

Below are the major prayer points: Pray that GOD:

• Should dismantle all weapons of oppression in Nigeria
• Should deliver Nigeria from oppressive leadership.
• Should frustrate by His power all our wicked rulers: past, present, or future leaders.
• Should let the expectations/calculations of men for 2011 elections fail them.
• Should raise His chosen leaders in 2011 general elections.
• Should stop wickedness/Satanism in high places by divine intervention.
• Should bring to an end all occult influences/interferences in government.
• Should cause to die all that will not allow Nigerians enter into their Jubilee.
• Should cause anyone using his/her position to trouble Nigeria to be consume by such position.
• Should stripe all those troubling Nigeria of their power, influence, honour, wealth etc.
• Should ARISE and DELIVER NIGERIA from the hands of evil ones.

For those of us that have the priviledge, please download the prayer points attached to this post, print it and give to others as much as you can. God bless you,

Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by seyibrown(f): 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2010
Praying along . . ,

Post prayer points here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-59716.0.html
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by Mudley313: 9:00pm On Oct 24, 2010
RemKen:

• Should cause to die all that will not allow Nigerians enter into their Jubilee.
shocked  shocked  shocked

is this suppose to be a "christian" prayer, or some voodoo invocation? naija modern day so-called christianity sha; i hail thee

you think say na prayer get all the successful nations of today where they at? upon all the binding and casting going on in naija today things are even getting worse. you can chant and holla all you want to an invisible bearded man up the sky but only practical hard work gets the job done
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by OmoTier1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2010
RemKen:

I want everyone that BELIEVES in prayers and have burden to pray for our country to please join us in praying for  Nigeria.

Below are the major prayer points: Pray that GOD:

• Should dismantle all weapons of oppression in Nigeria
• Should deliver Nigeria from oppressive leadership.
• Should frustrate by His power all our wicked rulers: past, present, or future leaders.
• Should let the expectations/calculations of men for 2011 elections fail them.
• Should raise His chosen leaders in 2011 general elections.
• Should stop wickedness/Satanism in high places by divine intervention.
• Should bring to an end all occult influences/interferences in government.
• Should cause anyone using his/her position to trouble Nigeria to be consume by such position.
• Should stripe all those troubling Nigeria of their power, influence, honour, wealth etc.
• Should ARISE and DELIVER NIGERIA from the hands of evil ones.

For those of us that have the priviledge, please download the prayer points attached to this post, print it and give to others as much as you can. God bless you,

While I greatly admire the burden you have to pray for Nigeria, how about taking a look at the prayer list and observe that it is all full of negatives? Moreso, the prayer list is asking God to do what He (God) has enabled us to do, hence JESUS would simply be saying back to us: Hey, I have finished the fight and I have won the battle for you, now take charge and reign in my name!
Maybe if our prayers are focusd on the positives of Nigeria, the change we desire we come! Remember what Pater said: ",  by the acknowledging of every good thing that is in you, " your faith becomes effectual and when it becomes effectua, you can change anything for good with your "effectual faith"
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by OmoTier1(m): 9:12pm On Oct 24, 2010
Mudley313:

shocked  shocked  shocked

is this suppose to be a "christian" prayer, or some voodoo invocation? naija modern day so-called christianity sha; i hail thee

you think say na prayer get all the successful nations of today where they at? upon all the binding and casting going on in naija today things are even getting worse. you can chant and holla all you want to an invisible bearded man up the sky but only practical hard work gets the job done

I know you have not the fear of God in your heart, hence the comment you made in your post. Yes the prayer points may not have been presented the way it really ought to have been, to imply in your comments that prayers are not effectual is very untrue. Yes we will use our hands to bring about change in Nigeria, but we will FIRST take over Nigeria in our hearts through prayers, least our work of change being in vein! FYI every nation has a purpose in God's plan and the purpose of every nation in God's agenda is never the same. You look at those western nations with riches and you think they made it with their own hands! But He (God) that sits in the heavens shall laugh at the folly of men, for wealth (riches) cometh not from the east, north, south or west, neither from the mountains cometh wealth but from Him alone God! For the blessings of God maketh rich and adds no sorrow!
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by seyibrown(f): 1:50am On Oct 25, 2010
2 Corinthians 10:4 (King James Version)
4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink

What warfare? What strongholds? Oju boro ko ni won fin gb'omo l'owo ekuro! Those holding Nigeria captive have no intentions of letting go! The prayer points are calling for the liberation of Nigeria from its captivity!
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by OmoTier1(m): 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2010
seyibrown:

2 Corinthians 10:4 (King James Version)
4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink
What warfare? What strongholds? Oju boro ko ni won fin gb'omo l'owo ekuro! Those holding Nigeria captive have no intentions of letting go! The prayer points are calling for the liberation of Nigeria from its captivity!
This is the mistake some of us christians make! Your interpretation of that scripture I believe is out of context if you study the whole chapter where you lifted that scripture. Do not get me wrong, I believe in prayers and I believe as Jesus said "Men ought to pray ALWAYS".

However to shed more light on that scripture, Paul was actually refering to wicked spirits in High places and not human beings! If you think it is a human being that is holding Nigeria to ransom, then you have lost the battle even before you started it. Humans are only a channel used by these wicked spirits and by dislodging them in the spirit relm, the humans they use become powerless. Come to think of it, which captivity are you seeking to liberate Nigeria from? Did the bible not say "The Earth is the Lord's and the FULNESS thereof"? Where do most of us christians get this mind set of always being in bondage and needing deliverance from nothing? Which is profitable, to declare (prophesie) God's promises in faith or to make lengthy wordings of bind and loose prayers? I think it is the former rather than the later as this was examplified in all of Jesus prayers while He was here on earth in bodyly form.
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by Mudley313: 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

I know you have not the fear of God in your heart, hence the comment you made in your post. Yes the prayer points may not have been presented the way it really ought to have been, to imply in your comments that prayers are not effectual is very untrue. Yes we will use our hands to bring about change in Nigeria, but we will FIRST take over Nigeria in our hearts through prayers, least our work of change being in vein! FYI every nation has a purpose in God's plan and the purpose of every nation in God's agenda is never the same. You look at those western nations with riches and you think they made it with their own hands! But He (God) that sits in the heavens shall laugh at the folly of men, for wealth (riches) cometh not from the east, north, south or west, neither from the mountains cometh wealth but from Him alone God! For the blessings of God maketh rich and adds no sorrow!

Blah! Blah!! Blah!!!

scandinavians are one of the most atheist but more successful regions; nigerians have churches in every corner praying night and day and all they got is corruption, and poverty in the midst of plenty. saudi arabia, UAE, kuwait are all muslim nations doing far better than nigeria; china is mostly buddhist but they're turning out to be one of the worlds economic power. hardwork propelled them not no silly prayer to an imaginary friend up the sky

prayer is actually detrimental, because it is possible to hope and expect spiritual intervention when the best option is to stare reality in the face and do the rational thing.

according to you christians, god does answer prayers but the answer will be one of 3 options - Yes, No or Wait. Basically, you could pray to your dog and the results would be exactly the same.
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by OmoTier1(m): 11:00pm On Oct 25, 2010
Mudley313:

Blah! Blah!! Blah!!!

scandinavians are one of the most atheist but more successful regions; nigerians have churches in every corner praying night and day and all they got is corruption, and poverty in the midst of plenty. saudi arabia, UAE, kuwait are all muslim nations doing far better than nigeria; china is mostly buddhist but they're turning out to be one of the worlds economic power. hardwork propelled them not no silly prayer to an imaginary friend up the sky

prayer is actually detrimental, because it is possible to hope and expect spiritual intervention when the best option is to stare reality in the face and do the rational thing.

according to you christians, god does answer prayers but the answer will be one of 3 options - Yes, No or Wait. Basically, you could pray to your dog and the results would be exactly the same.
YOUR ARE EVEN AN OUTSIDER, PLEASE COME IN BEFORE THE DOOR IS SHUT AGAINST YOU- A BLIND MAN CAN NOT CLAIM TO HAVE SIGHT, YOU CALL THAT FALLACY! You know not what you are talking about, so I will first say, join the fold and learn the basis then come back here and comment on topics like this.

And FYI your claim of SC countries being rich is just as frivolous as your entire post itself. A house bult on a sandy foundation can not stand the test of the wind and waters. Are you watching what is hapening to them already?
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by Jenwitemi(m): 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2010
Hmmm! The preaching don start o, mudley! You better run for your dear life before it is too late! Hahahaha! grin cheesy grin
Omo_Tier1:

YOUR ARE EVEN AN OUTSIDER, PLEASE COME IN BEFORE THE DOOR IS SHUT AGAINST YOU- A BLIND MAN CAN NOT CLAIM TO HAVE SIGHT,  YOU CALL THAT FALLACY! You know not what you are talking about, so I will first say, join the fold and learn the basis then come back here and comment on topics like this.

And FYI your claim of SC countries being rich is just as frivolous as your entire post itself. A house bult on a sandy foundation can not stand the test of the wind and waters. Are you watching what is hapening to them already?
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by Mudley313: 9:07am On Oct 26, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

YOUR ARE EVEN AN OUTSIDER, PLEASE COME IN BEFORE THE DOOR IS SHUT AGAINST YOU- A BLIND MAN CAN NOT CLAIM TO HAVE SIGHT, YOU CALL THAT FALLACY! You know not what you are talking about, so I will first say, join the fold and learn the basis then come back here and comment on topics like this.

mehn, sharrraap there. outsider ko, insider ni. first answer my questions goddamnit. there's a church in every corner in naija with people praying, speaking in tongues, binding and casting on the regular but things are getting even worse. how much more of a proof that praying to an imaginary jewish man up in the sky called yahweh, in the name of his son/himself, the jewish carpenter yeshua who was killed like a common criminal 2000 yrs ago, aint doing jack. bring out your proof that prayer is working or works instead of yapping opata. deluded goat
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:19am On Oct 26, 2010
My Prayer for Nigeria

Almighty Father!!! (Tongue-speak) Shantarobooboob shinta kpes jamuraaa! Great God of Creation!!! (Tongue-speak) Jimbaroo boobo boobo shinkpess akwa-ibom effiong akala!!!
Ancient of Days!!! (Tongue-speak) Shekinaa bro ror obo bobo bomb-blast, sheee gbamgigigig gig gidid d Ebele farts in barf bag

Your Children are here before your mighty Throne of Grace (Yes lord) to render our endless supplications to your ever-merciful ears.
Although we have not deserved audience with you for the exceedingly wicked and sinful events we have passively or actively participated in over the past decade, We still crave your indulgence
Although you have deemed it fit to overlook our myriads of deep-set and unholy tribulations that have beset us since Independence, we continue to troupe en-masse to your hallowed places of worship
Although you continue to ignore our cries for good governance and release of the fountains of blessed democracy, we faithfully maintain the position of 3rd largest Christian Nation in the world.
Although you have deemed it fit to constantly expose our Prophets for the scandalous wolves they truly are, much to the embarrassment of the Christian populace, We continue to blindly ignore the facts and look upon your age-old instruction to "Do your Prophets no harm"
Although you choose to anoint questionable Presidents (with equally dubious Wives) to rule us, we praise your infallible wisdom and faithfully accept your choice and follow them wherever they take us to.

Father!!! Father!!! (Tongue-speak) descend on your Children this day and take cue from Retired Prophet and General; Rawlings of Ghana (PBUH) and wipe out our faithless followers and empower out yet to be born children to have the will and awareness to have a Discerning Spirit to ask question as you have instructed to seek knowledge and understanding and gain wisdom.

This we ask in Jesus Name. Amen
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by OmoTier1(m): 10:36am On Oct 26, 2010
Mudley313:

mehn, sharrraap there. outsider ko, insider ni. first answer my questions goddamnit. there's a church in every corner in naija with people praying, speaking in tongues, binding and casting on the regular but things are getting even worse. how much more of a proof that praying to an imaginary jewish man up in the sky called yahweh, in the name of his son/himself, the jewish carpenter yeshua who was killed like a common criminal 2000 yrs ago, aint doing jack. bring out your proof that prayer is working or works instead of yapping opata. deluded goat

It easy to see that you live at the mercy of the evil one. You believe in your physical eyes, hence your comments are based on the senses! However, we have a different mind set to folks like you. For al I know, folks like you have no foundation, hence you won't stay long on this terrain called Nigeria. As for your proof that prayer works, you are not the first to ask this questions and you may not be the last ask this question. I would have bothered answering you more specifically, but reading your post, I sense you have already sold your soul to the devil and your eyes of undrstanding has been daken by him. So rather than waste my time giving you specifics, I would pray the father that through the holy ghost, that your eyes of understanding be flooded with lights. I HAVE THE LIGHT, BUT YOU WALLOW IN DARKNESS, SO I WILL GIVE YOU MY LIGHT THAT YOU MAY SEE. My prayer is that may your days of ignorance not outlive your days to live here on earth, that that light of Gods word may shine soon in your hearts.
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by Mudley313: 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

It easy to see that you live at the mercy of the evil one. You believe in your physical eyes, hence your comments are based on the senses! However, we have a different mind set to folks like you. For al I know, folks like you have no foundation, hence you won't stay long on this terrain called Nigeria. As for your proof that prayer works, you are not the first to ask this questions and you may not be the last ask this question. I would have bothered answering you more specifically, but reading your post, I sense you have already sold your soul to the devil and your eyes of undrstanding has been daken by him. So rather than waste my time giving you specifics, I would pray the father that through the holy ghost, that your eyes of understanding be flooded with lights. I HAVE THE LIGHT, BUT YOU WALLOW IN DARKNESS,  SO I WILL GIVE YOU MY LIGHT THAT YOU MAY SEE. My prayer is that may your days of ignorance not outlive your days to live here on earth, that that light of Gods word may shine soon in your hearts.

Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by OmoTier1(m): 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2010
Mudley313:

Further confirms my previous post!
Re: Prayers For Nigeria: by seyibrown(f): 11:29pm On Oct 27, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

This is the mistake some of us christians make! Your interpretation of that scripture I believe is out of context if you study the whole chapter where you lifted that scripture. Do not get me wrong, I believe in prayers and I believe as Jesus said "Men ought to pray ALWAYS".

However to shed more light on that scripture, Paul was actually refering to wicked spirits in High places and not human beings! If you think it is a human being that is holding Nigeria to ransom, then you have lost the battle even before you started it. Humans are only a channel used by these wicked spirits and by dislodging them in the spirit relm, the humans they use become powerless. Come to think of it, which captivity are you seeking to liberate Nigeria from? Did the bible not say "The Earth is the Lord's and the FULNESS thereof"? Where do most of us christians get this mind set of always being in bondage and needing deliverance from nothing? Which is profitable, to declare (prophesie) God's promises in faith or to make lengthy wordings of bind and loose prayers? I think it is the former rather than the later as this was examplified in all of Jesus prayers while He was here on earth in bodyly form.

Omo_Tier1,

Certain people choose not to yield to God and allow evil to be done through them. The weapons of our warfare are not Carnal . . . .  Our warfare is against the manifestations of the devil in the lives of these people. There is the choice for them to turn to God and stop being instruments of the devil for the enslavement of fellow humans.

The evil ones continue to wax stronger and all physical efforts to change their ways have been futile. Our liberation needs to be won in the spiritual, and yes, by praying without ceasing . Every mountain needs to be moved and every red sea parted, by the spirit of God. We do not put our trust in horse, chariots or guns but in the almighty God whose arm pulls down strongholds! You remember the slavery of Israel by Egypt? Who bore the brunt of the plagues? It is time for the Spiritual Pharoahs holding Nigerians in bondage to let go! If they refuse, they will be visited more plagues than those of Egypt!

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Women The Only Infertile Ones In The Bible?? / CHRISLAM !!!!!: One World Religion Emerging. / Don’t Break The Hedge!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.