Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,922 members, 7,848,726 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:27 AM

Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? (31817 Views)

Japa: Man Fervently Prays On His Nigerian Passport For U.S Visa, Others (Video) / JAPA: Man Prays On His Nigerian Passport For US & Canadian Visa (VID) / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Boss20: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
mysteryman2014:

This are countries that can enter Thailand and not that Thais can enter.

You are right i have edited my initial post thanks. Its still way better than Naija passport to be honest as i cant find any good country you can visit with naija passport visa free.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by fowlyansh181(m): 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
abkrgumel:
Keep in mind with Thailand passport US entry won't be easy for you
same with Nigeria passport.. it’s even worse with it
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Hadampson(m): 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
bigx:
Both are third world abeg.

But one is better than the other.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Beautyaddy: 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jewingle:
Good morning good people of Nairaland. Please I need your input on this.

I have a friend that recently got married to a young beautiful lady from Thailand. She came to Nigeria, they got married and after everything they both traveled to Thailand .

Now, his wife wants him to forfeit his Nigerian passport to gain Thailand passport since they don’t allow dua citizenship. I adviced him to go ahead with the Thailand passport since this could be once in a lifetime opportunity because he was really contemplating on weather it’s a good idea or not.

Pls travel gurus and experts. What’s your take on this?
Is this move a good idea? Would it affect him in the future? Please advice from travel experts and experienced folks will be deeply appreciated

That is so not true.

Thailand does Allow Dual Citizenship.

He can have both Passports( Nigeria and Thailand).
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Hadampson(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2019
stagger:

Is US the only country in this world?

I wonder.... angry
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Hadampson(m): 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Japan, in terms of quality of life, is better than America

True 100%
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by bigx(m): 2:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
Hadampson:

But one is better than the other.

By not much.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Mizwisdom(f): 2:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
With your black skin you want to renounce Nigeria for Thailand? you will be disappointed eventually

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Lawalemi(m): 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
Buhari don spoil this country
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
pastie:

No, I will advise him to claim the thailand passport, I see nothing special being a nigerian, let him use the passport to explore that site of life, and incase things go array, claiming back nigerian passport won't be that hard.
Nigerian passport and citizenship na 2 Naira for market, easy to collect anytime. Besides how it help him till now? Let him take the Thailand opportunity.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Pvssy: 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
Tell him to come back to Nigeria.

Buhari wants to tell him something.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by HeightsKE: 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jewingle:

I have a friend that recently got married to a young beautiful lady from Thailand. She came to Nigeria, they got married and after everything they both traveled to Thailand .

Now, his wife wants him to forfeit his Nigerian passport to gain Thailand passport since they don’t allow dua citizenship. I adviced him to go ahead with the Thailand passport since this could be once in a lifetime opportunity because he was really contemplating on weather it’s a good idea or not.

Is this move a good idea? Would it affect him in the future? Please advice from travel experts and experienced folks will be deeply appreciated

Wtf is he waiting for?!?!

How do you guys get this sort of opportunities?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Beautyaddy: 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
alphaNomega:

Really?

It is Not True!

Thailand Citizens do need visa to visit the UK, Canada, US, Sweden, Australia or United Emirates
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by peeps4u: 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
cwale044:
Last last no place like home

False. This statement is always flawed and just borne out just to make people not to lose their home ties.

Home can be worse than away a times.

I read a story of a couple based abroad, came to naija recently and only to be kidnapped by Fulani's, the wife got raped severally by the Fulani's all in the presence of the husband, just to save her husband and the daughter.

Now, they've vowed never to come back to naija.

Tell me, what is homely in that experience.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Solidkay(m): 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
See question ooo
Oga you sure need some spanking

The tai citizenship no be by paper works

It's simple
Tai national by the book
Nigerian by heart...
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by peeps4u: 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
realestniggah:

Yeah that the way you think of it.. But imagine this.. You a black man at the airport presenting a Thailand passport while being a black man with a Nigerian accent.. Without knowing a word in Thailand..

How many of those countries his is going to visit?

He should hold on to his Nigerian passport incase whenever he comes in trouble the Nigerian embassy will come to his rescue.. In thialand he would always be a Nigerian anytime, any day.

He is a black man for God sake.. A black man will always stick out like a sore thumb in thialand.

Let him keep his passport

Lies.

So far he's a legit citizen of Thailand, he will be treated as one.

As for language, there are several real Nigerians based abroad and don't understand iota of their native languages, does that rob them off being treated as Nigerians at embassies?

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Beautyaddy: 2:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
Bluffly:
You are free as it is your life. Why bother us.

On the second thought ask her to relocate to Nigeria with you as well and forget her Thailand citizenship and get a Nigerian one. Both of you should then travel back to Thailand and live like a foreigner and permanent resident

Very bad advice. undecided
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by realestniggah: 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
peeps4u:

Lies.

So far he's a legit citizen of Thailand, he will be treated as one.

As for language, there are several real Nigerians based abroad and don't understand iota of their native languages, does that rob them off being treated as Nigerians at embassies?

So you are just going to pretend like the color of his skin count for nothing in a country like Thailand
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Enyimbamercedes: 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
Thailand Mobility Score - 85

Nigeria Mobility Score - 49

Both passports are crap; but Nigeria is crappier

You aren't missing much renouncing your Nigerian passport! The country no kuku send their citizens

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by oluwasegun007(m): 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
What are you waiting forrrrrr shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by peeps4u: 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
realestniggah:

So you are just going to pretend like the color of his skin count for nothing in a country like Thailand

That's racism and another argument. He may face racism like some black also face in USA, but to say he won't be treated like a citizen at embassies is false. He will be treated as citizen once he holds the passport.

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by realestniggah: 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
peeps4u:

That's racism and another argument. He may face racism like some black also face in USA, but to say he won't be treated like a citizen at embassies is false. He will be treated as citizen once he holds the passport.

He will be treated as a citizen only if they see his passport.. But at first sight he would be treated as a foreign black man.

He is a second class citizen he doesn't come first.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by teelarryberry(m): 3:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
izzou:
The poverty afflicted part of me is saying he should do it

But the remaining part of me is saying he shouldn't renounce it sad

I swear ur head day
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by peeps4u: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2019
realestniggah:

[b]He will be treated as a citizen only if they see his passport. But at first sight he would be treated as a foreign black man.

He is a second class citizen he doesn't come first.
Yes, because he is black, he might not be perceived as citizen at first, but once he presents his passport, he gets same privilege. How is that an issue? He gets same privilege at embassy as others.

If a white man claims Nigerian now, won't his passport be requested for?
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Alwaysking: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Thailand is visa free to 64 countries in the world while Nigeria is visa free to 45 countries. Thailand passport definitely has an upper hand and I will not blink an eyelid going for a passport that will open more opportunities for me with less negative profiling than the one that I will be profiled as a fraudster / drug courier, with Thailand passport you are visa free to Japan for15 days, Taiwan for 14 days and South Korea for 90 days,Thailand passport is also visa free to Singapore, Turkey, Brazil, Russia, Malaysia,
Qatar, Seychelles, South Africa, Argentina, Ecuador just to mention but a few, Thailand passport has more value than that of the headquarters of extreme poverty in the world shocked
You said it all

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by tigerclaws: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
[s]
Pvssy:
Tell him to come back to Nigeria.

Buhari wants to tell him something.
[/s]
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by whiteafrique: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
Bleep don expire,they were carried away by their looks no be wetin dem expect them see at the end..
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Ashirioluwa: 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jewingle:

This is no news. Let him do whatever he likes. If you are old enough to marry then you should be old enough to make decision for yourself
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by flourishing247: 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
thunderbabs:

Buhari give you uppercut dia shocked

Esau

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by mysteryman2014: 3:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
Boss20:

You are right i have edited my initial post thanks. Its still way better than Naija passport to be honest as i cant find any good country you can visit with naija passport visa free.

Your sure right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Poor State Of Port-Harcourt - Aba Train Services (Video, Photos) / Rampaging Camels Cause Accident In Jigawa State (Photos) / The Video Of Aba To Port Harcourt Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.