Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Is This Laptop Specs Good For Video Editing, Graphics Design And Motion Graphics - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Is This Laptop Specs Good For Video Editing, Graphics Design And Motion Graphics (1085 Views)

Learn 2d Animation and Motion graphics and earn in Dollars $$ / Which Laptop Specs Hould I Look Out For, That Will Be Very Good For Graphics Wor / Learn D Art Of Digital Photography, Video Editing, & Graphics Design(Bonus) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Laptop Specs Good For Video Editing, Graphics Design And Motion Graphics by sulaimon22: 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
Pls I have a Laptop Of

2Gig Ram
500Gig space size
1.60 GHz

I want to know if it's quite good to start Video editing, Graphics design and motion graphics as I want to go for d training any moment from now
Re: Is This Laptop Specs Good For Video Editing, Graphics Design And Motion Graphics by Offpoint: 2:24pm On Aug 08, 2019
lol, 8gb Ram is giving me headache here... you're talking about 2gb.
2gb ram can't do nothing bro... unless CorelDRaw x3

1 Like

Re: Is This Laptop Specs Good For Video Editing, Graphics Design And Motion Graphics by Donald3d(m): 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2019
sulaimon22:
Pls I have a Laptop Of

2Gig Ram
500Gig space size
1.60 GHz

I want to know if it's quite good to start Video editing, Graphics design and motion graphics as I want to go for d training any moment from now

Don't get discouraged I started, with a 500MB RAM, 40GB HD system.
You can start with what you have to get what you want, although you might have to use older versions of the software. The fact that they are older does not stop you from creating awesome stuff.

I used Adobe CS4 on a 1GB Ram system, you should be able to use CS4 or CS5 without issues. The only issue you might encounter that would be a bottle neck , is when it comes to rendering your output, it would be slow.But that should not stop you.

Start from where you are with what you have to get what you want.

4 Likes

Re: Is This Laptop Specs Good For Video Editing, Graphics Design And Motion Graphics by sulaimon22: 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
Donald3d:

You can start with what you have to get what you want, although you might have to use older versions of the software. The fact that they are older does not stop you from creating awesome stuff.

I used Adobe CS4 on a 1GB Ram system, you should be able to use CS4 or CS5 without issues. The only issue you might encounter that would be a bottle neck , is when it comes to rendering your output, it would be slow.But that should not stop you.

Thank U Sir. Ur words are encouraging

1 Like

Re: Is This Laptop Specs Good For Video Editing, Graphics Design And Motion Graphics by Offpoint: 5:11am On Aug 09, 2019
Donald3d:

Tell the guy the truth bro, which video editing software will he be using 2gb ram and render his final project without crashing constantly?

My advice is for him to use CorelDRaw 11 or X3, photoshop 9... for learning purpose.

or he should just upgrade his Ram to 4gb at least.

1 Like

Re: Is This Laptop Specs Good For Video Editing, Graphics Design And Motion Graphics by Donald3d(m): 6:46am On Aug 09, 2019
Offpoint:

Tell the guy the truth bro, which video editing software will he be using 2gb ram and render his final project without crashing constantly?

My advice is for him to use CorelDRaw 11 or X3, photoshop 9... for learning purpose.

or he should just upgrade his Ram to 4gb at least.

I was not speaking out of the blues, I was speaking based on what I actually did, what if I tell you I was also running 3dsMax on the same system those days ?...It would work, he would only get slower rendering times. That's why I advice him to go for slightly older software versions.

1 Like

Re: Is This Laptop Specs Good For Video Editing, Graphics Design And Motion Graphics by Akuchaser: 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2019
the spec of your PC and mine is the same
and I am kind into what you want to get into
funny right
but my ram is 4gb u can add more ram to ur 2gb it's not that expensive
I use premier 15 illustrator 15 after effects 15
it's okay. but not badass

1 Like

Re: Is This Laptop Specs Good For Video Editing, Graphics Design And Motion Graphics by FunG: 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2019
Good day all. Please I need Retouching Academy, a plug-in in photoshop. You can reach me via this email address alicetaconcept@gmail.com thanks

(1) (Reply)

Pen On Paper Titled : Children (born To Suffer) / Clearance Sales On New Desktop With Flatscreen Computers, 50% Discount / Want To Learn Video Editing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.