Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? (4369 Views)

Original LG G7 For 75k / Is This An Original LG TV / SOLD SOLD SOLD Very neat 32 Inches Original LG TV For Sale 20k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by fm4real2k6(m): 4:46am On Aug 10, 2019
I'd wanted to buy TV preferealy LG basically because of their energy saving technology.
I have researched about their 50' Smart TV, UHD, which I feel its cool for me.

I reside in Iorin, Kwara state. I did a window shopping yesterday and I was totally disapointed.

First, I didn't or couldn't get 50' I wanted, all I got was 49' , 55' inches respectively, but they are even from a company called FOUANI. Although a bit cheaper than my envisaged(researched price).

On further research, I discovered that FOUANI is a sole distributor for LG product here. Although thy ought to be assembling those product here as knockdown or semi knock down but a report said they are doing full importation, but that isn't my point.

However, to cut a long stories short, my conclusion is that we might not get REAL original LG direct from them any longer unless some people are doing direct LG importation. I think what we might be getting is the specifics they made for FOUANI to bring here.

Now my challenge and maybe dilemma, is it seems real LG quality is seems "watered down" with these FOUANI made. I also think those products made for FOUANI might not have all the LG functions they advertised on their original TV on their website.

My question is how can one get these TV directly from LG not the one made for FOUANI.

And I will also appreciate if anyone can suggest better energy saving Smart TV uhd 50' than LG. I will really appreciate.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by Taiwo20(m): 5:23am On Aug 10, 2019
would most likely get original from UK used TV sellers.

1 Like

Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by loadedvibes: 5:26am On Aug 10, 2019
This has being the case for a very long time. But there are still original lg TV's just that you might not be able to tell.. the merchants know this and they would even give you the replica for the price of the original.
Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by joetoocute: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2019
Taiwo20:
True, I'll recommend Onlinealaba. He has a thread in technology market.

1 Like

Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by joetoocute: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2019
fm4real2k6:
I'd wanted to buy TV preferealy LG basically because of their energy saving technology.

I reside in Iorin, Kwara state. I did a window shopping yesterday and I was totally disapointed.

First, I didn't or couldn't get 50' I wanted, all I got was 49' , 55' inches respectively, but they are even from a company called FOUANI. Although a bit cheaper than my envisaged(researched price).

On further research, I discovered that FOUANI is a sole distributor for LG product here. Although thy ought to be assembling those product here as knockdown or semi knock down but a report said they are doing full importation, but that isn't my point.

However, to cut a long stories short, my conclusion is that we might not get REAL original LG direct from them any longer unless some people are doing direct LG importation. I think what we might be getting is the specifics they made for FOUANI to bring here.

Now my challenge and maybe dilemma, is it seems real LG quality is seems "watered down" with these FOUANI made. I also think those products made for FOUANI might not have all the LG functions they advertised on their original TV on their website.

My question is how can one get these TV directly from LG not the one made for FOUANI.

And I will also appreciate if anyone can suggest better energy saving Smart TV uhd 50' than LG. I will really appreciate.
Thank you

Cc Onlinealaba
Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 10, 2019
But there isn't much difference between the fouani LG and the UK certified LG..atleast not that you can easily notice
Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by Raysleek: 7:14am On Aug 10, 2019
Is there anything like fouani lg? I think fouani are just distributors of the product. They don't produce it themselves. Also I guess the standard of products LG will send to America is not the same standard they will send to africa. This is me just guessing
Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by d33types: 7:21am On Aug 10, 2019
Raysleek:
Is there anything like fouani lg? I think fouani are just distributors of the product. They don't produce it themselves. Also I guess the standard of products LG will send to America is not the same standard they will send to africa. This is me just guessing

krattoss:
But there isn't much difference between the fouani LG and the UK certified LG..atleast not that you can easily notice

Visited Nigeria 2months ago, bought a smart washing machine from fouani

https://www.fouanistore.com/lg-products/lg-appliances/lg-washers-and-dryers/lg-washing-machine-front-loader-0k2chk5t2/

only to discover that the smart feature (LG thinQ for WiFi control) isn't active on the model, as advertised.

1 Like

Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by GRACEGLORY: 7:22am On Aug 10, 2019
fm4real2k6:

Thank you

I gave few answers and explanation here

https://www.nairaland.com/4826413/some-people-ask-why-need#72671499
Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by fm4real2k6(m): 8:14am On Aug 10, 2019
GRACEGLORY:

I gave few answers and explanation here

https://www.nairaland.com/4826413/some-people-ask-why-need#72671499

Alright.
I will check it out.
Thank you!
Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by fm4real2k6(m): 8:15am On Aug 10, 2019
Taiwo20:

I personally dont like used.
I have been burnt before!
Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by fm4real2k6(m): 9:17am On Aug 10, 2019
d33types:

Visited Nigeria 2months ago, bought a smart washing machine from fouani

https://www.fouanistore.com/lg-products/lg-appliances/lg-washers-and-dryers/lg-washing-machine-front-loader-0k2chk5t2/

only to discover that the smart feature (LG thinQ for WiFi control) isn't active on the model, as advertised.

God bless you jare, this is what im talking about!...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by fm4real2k6(m): 9:19am On Aug 10, 2019
krattoss:

There are!

1 Like

Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by fm4real2k6(m): 9:21am On Aug 10, 2019
post=81114088:
This has being the case for a very long time. But there are still original lg TV's just that you might not be able to tell.. the merchants know this and they would even give you the replica for the price of the original.

Infact in my window shopping, there even a China made that is not from Fouani. Infact the guy was calling it N190K of which the FOUANI made in Korea is N145k.

1 Like

Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by fm4real2k6(m): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2019
Now, im beginning to understand the benefit of window shopping!.

2 Likes

Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by GRACEGLORY: 1:54pm On Aug 10, 2019
fm4real2k6:

Haha! Bro, e don do. We know your drift.
We know your are marketing also, but you can tone it down plz. let's only focus on the discussion
thank you

O' course, I'm marketing what I know, and do. Hence, you see the value I'm adding
Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by AshipaEk0: 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2019
@op I am 90% sure you are doing a marketing build up yourself.

Abi what is the point of this thread?
Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by adrusa: 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2019
AshipaEk0:
@op I am 90% sure you are doing a marketing build up yourself.

Abi what is the point of this thread?

For those who may not have noticed, New LG TVs are now cheaper than the tokunbo they try to sell to you on nairaland. They have got to find ways of persuading you to buy their used one rather than the new "Fouani" ones. This is demarketing in its most subtle form. Nothing wrong with the "Fouani" LG, they are the same LG, indeed, the models we have here are the same models sold in Middle East, Africa and some part of Asia. They are usually different from the ones for Europe and may not be as good. But, when your Alaba or Nairaland TV develop faults, where do you take it to? Fouani LG is still the better option; new, cheaper and with warranty.
Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by AshipaEk0: 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2019
adrusa:

For those who may not have noticed, New LG TVs are now cheaper than the tokunbo they try to sell to you on nairaland. They have got to find ways of persuading you to buy their used one rather than the new "Fouani" ones. This is demarketing in its most subtle form. Nothing wrong with the "Fouani" LG, they are the same LG, indeed, the models we have here are the same models sold in Middle East, Africa and some part of Asia. They are usually different from the ones for Europe and may not be as good. But, when your Alaba or Nairaland TV develop faults, where do you take it to? Fouani LG is still the better option; new, cheaper and with warranty.

They are feeling slick like some of us can't see through the charade.

How else will they justify selling you used TV for 190k when there's brand new ones for less, from other OEMs too.

'Fairly used is stronger and better than brand new' is the type of thing you tell JJC's that don't know their left from right.

Other one said they 'deceive them with warranty' grin.

Remarkable

Same way they'll try to convince you a 200k used Samsung phone is better than a 95k brand new Xiaomi grin

4 Likes

Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by foolbuster: 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2019
fm4real2k6:

Thank you

Fouani is the sole distributor of LG products in Nigeria. And it is not restricted to just electronics. From LG flash drives to even computer keyboards.

Having said that. LG is a big globally known brand. They do not have a factory in nigeria the factory that produces the electronics that is imported to nigeria also makes the electronics that is sent to other countries that the factory serves. Making different quality of products for different markets will not only cost them more since mass production of these things are mechanized but it does not make any sense. It might be profitable for a small factory run by an individual in china that is ready to produce for his client whatever quality of product the client wants because that is how it was set up but that blueprint does not apply for global brands.

Personally i don't think fouani will go and strike some kind of deal with LG to reduce the quality of items they get from them.

Before you conclude that there are functions missing from the products you saw at fouani. Please know that items like TVs are complex, what i mean is one model might have more than 5 submodels under it and they all have very small negligible differences. And be missing some functionality another has. So before you conclude make sure you get the complete model no of that item down to the last letter. And research its functions. Thats why you will see a remote control and some of the buttons dont work on your TV, just know that button is meant for another model.

Finally, recently LG Tvs are sh*it.

1 Like

Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by GRACEGLORY: 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2019
foolbuster:

You are wrong. When aTV is made for a particular region it does not translate to different quality for different regions rather they make the products based on functions that correspond to that particular region.

These brands have a reputation to protect and they would never compromise on quality.
A tv made for USA for example might have a different power cosumption rate, frequency bandwidth, apps popular to that region might be built in etc even the type of wall sockets they use might even be different. From The same TV made for UK. Same goes for everyother region.
It does not have anything to do with quality.
These companies are too big for such nonsense, how much are they even going to save.

I understand you sell used TVs but please try to refrain from giving inaccurate information. People that will buy will still buy.

Here's my last response on this thread:

1. Take the time to read OP's.

2. Technically, you're correct, but practically,
things stopped working that way.

They term our country "technology starved."

NOTE: We've been making sales before this article, during, and after this article was written. And my perspective and experiences are edited (plus/minus) as we proceed in research and gain more adequate knowledge in the field. And one thing is certain, there are no used without new. Thanks for sharing from your perspective too.

cool
Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by foolbuster: 5:45pm On Aug 10, 2019
GRACEGLORY:

Here's my last response on this thread:

1. Take the time to read OP's.

2. Technically, you're correct, but practically,
things stopped working that way.

They term our country "technology starved."

NOTE: We've been making sales before this article, during, and after this article was written. And my perspective and experiences are edited (plus/minus) as we proceed in research and gain more adequate knowledge in the field. And one thing is certain, there are no used without new. Thanks for sharing from your perspective too.

cool

I dont want to negate your line of business so i will not respond further.
I just wanna let people know that global brands do not produce different quality of there products. They rather toy with functionality to serve for different world zones.
Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by tivta(m): 6:04pm On Aug 10, 2019
Just like saying a used car is better than a new one. The only reason why someone should buy a used product is for financial savings. Used products can never be better than new ones.

7 Likes

Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by raobiisstores: 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2019
I think a couple of us already missed OP's, and the contributors point, it's not about used being better than new, it's the case of not being able to find a standard new one. From what I've been able to deduce, the used that is original is the best alternative in such case. Or why do we patronize Ladipo for used car parts, isn't it cos of the in availability of original new ones'.

2 Likes

Re: So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? by AshipaEk0: 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2019
raobiisstores:
I think a couple of us already missed OP's, and the contributors point, it's not about used being better than new, it's the case of not being able to find a standard new one. From what I've been able to deduce, the used that is original is the best alternative in such case. Or why do we patronize Ladipo for used car parts, isn't it cos of the in availability of original new ones'.

Lol.

Oga please, the only reason used parts are bought is because the original new parts are like 10x in price compared with.

Knock off new parts are also more expensive than the used ones.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Brand Hp530, Hp 6730 Pavillion And Fairly Used Dell D600 Laptops For Sale / Open Box Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus SNAPDRAGON Sweet Deal / Onitsha Tech Market..(for ur brand new laptops, inks, printers, accessories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.