Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,825 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Is This An Original LG TV - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is This An Original LG TV (11743 Views)

Original LG G7 For 75k / SOLD SOLD SOLD Very neat 32 Inches Original LG TV For Sale 20k / So, No More Original Lg Tv Except The Fouani Lg Tv Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This An Original LG TV by emoch(m): 8:07pm On May 02, 2020
So I was trying to get a TV from a friend and I stumbled on this series of LG TVs from retailers from Alaba. It was all packaged in LG carton but I became suspicious when I was told the price. I think they were cheap for the prices. The 55" I wanted to get sold for 130k. I asked for the model number and was told LG 55UK64. I googled this model on Fouani site but couldn't find it neither could I get any tangible review on them.

I want to know if anyone has an idea on these TVs if they are original LG products or just imitations.

Pictures taken from jiji

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by EzzyCarter: 8:15pm On May 02, 2020
Bros, this doesn't look like a genuine LG product if the packaging is anything to go by. Why is the LG smiley face logo not on the carton I could be wrong tho

2 Likes

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 02, 2020
Why not go to a recognised dealer
Re: Is This An Original LG TV by donpata(m): 8:19pm On May 02, 2020
A 55 Inch LG smart for 130k? I doubt.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by emoch(m): 8:20pm On May 02, 2020
Thanks also. I suspected the same as well that's why I dropped it here for awareness.
Re: Is This An Original LG TV by micfoley: 8:23pm On May 02, 2020
It is fake o. Dont buy it

5 Likes

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by emoch(m): 8:28pm On May 02, 2020
How do these products get in here and these people are openly selling these fakes branding them as LG TVs. The guy even told me they are Made in Korea. Na wa

7 Likes

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 02, 2020
Most likely fake. U can't get a brand new 55 inch 4k LG smart TV for 130k.

5 Likes

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 02, 2020
emoch:
How do these products get in here and these people are openly selling these fakes branding them as LG TVs. The guy even told me they are Made in Korea. Na wa

Be very careful oh. That's how I bought a fake Samsung TV from konga. Can u imagine. A whole me. I bought the supposedly 43 inch fhd tv for 120k. After unboxing it and powering it ok I instantly realized it was fake. Compared the remote with the Samsung TV I have at home the difference was clear. Picture quality is not even 1080p but mere 720p, the UI is not even Samsung UI. If that was someone else he would think he bought a Samsung TV.

1 Like

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by seankafor(m): 9:21pm On May 02, 2020
One of the cheapest way to know fake is their cheap price tags..
Any thing that is too good to be true should probably be given a second thought

5 Likes

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by noobody(m): 9:23pm On May 02, 2020
emoch:
So I was trying to get a TV from a friend and I stumbled on this series of LG TVs from retailers from Alaba. It was all packaged in LG carton but I became suspicious when I was told the price. I think they were cheap for the prices. The 55" I wanted to get sold for 130k. I asked for the model number and was told LG 55UK64. I googled this model on Fouani site but couldn't find it neither could I get any tangible review on them.

I want to know if anyone has an idea on these TVs if they are original LG products or just imitations.

Pictures taken from jiji

Very fake!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by yuswrld20(m): 9:57pm On May 02, 2020
scamers

1 Like

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by lyricalz: 11:01pm On May 02, 2020
emoch:

Pictures taken from jiji

you sef you like awoof o, clean tokunbo original of that same LG 55inch is more than that, it's pure and applied chinko.
Re: Is This An Original LG TV by ranksz: 11:12pm On May 02, 2020
Anything Alaba scares me. You just can't beat them.

5 Likes

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by PotatoSalad(m): 11:41pm On May 02, 2020
The cartons gave it away grin

3 Likes

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Preator: 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2020
Been looking for a thread like this too. This product are so plenty on Jiji and i guess Alaba. I asked if the warranty is covered by Fouani, but got a negative reply.

I wonder if they are any good though
Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Jajasabali(m): 4:31am On Sep 11, 2020
Na lg..but china version..
Nothing serious..if youre careful enough you go enjoy am...just dont be careless with it

1 Like

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Darkseid(m): 7:57am On Sep 11, 2020
Jajasabali:
Na lg..but china version..
Nothing serious..if youre careful enough you go enjoy am...just dont be careless with it
There's nothing LG about that TV. They buy generic TVs from China, then print LG cartons and other accessories.

I've actually seen where they couple this TV at Alaba, na so I put hand for head that day.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Jajasabali(m): 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2020
Darkseid:
There's nothing LG about that TV. They buy generic TVs from China, then print LG cartons and other accessories.

I've actually seen where they couple this TV at Alaba, na so I put hand for head that day.
But shows lg when you put it on?
How did they bypass that

1 Like

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Darkseid(m): 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2020
Jajasabali:

But shows lg when you put it on?
How did they bypass that
These TVs come with operating system that can be customised. If you check less popular tv brands like Looka, Uka etc, you'll find out that they all look the same, even the interface when completely booted looks the same.

2 Likes

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Preator: 10:20am On Sep 15, 2020
Darkseid:

The carton usually gives it away. The LG is either of a different font size to the rest of the text, or a different hue/color.

1 Like

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by viklegend(m): 12:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
I just bought one from fouani and the carton looks exactly this way tooo
Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Preator: 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2020
viklegend:
I just bought one from fouani and the carton looks exactly this way tooo

Fouani usually sell original products.
Bought a lot of electronics from then and i havent suspected a fake.
Re: Is This An Original LG TV by tunnelgistrealm: 9:21am On May 08, 2021
It's original bro, shey na LG them no fit print for carton. Also that TV is 55 inch but not smart TV. It's just normal LG LED HD TV that's why it's cheap!

2 Likes

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Mozidat2301: 8:43am On May 16, 2021
Good day my people, I was almost fell victim of this, cos I have also gotten a 32imches lg at 60k from a store around idi ape iwo road ibadan but when I got home with the product, I realised that it's fake , when I checked on nairaland, I quickly returned the following day , I frankly told him , it's fake LG and he just returned my money, deducted just 500naira. Still looking for the original product o.

1 Like

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Fk2021(m): 6:57pm On Jun 19, 2021
Darkseid:

Really? I bought one 43 inches last year August 2020 at 65k, but I gave it out by January 2021 40k. Maybe instinct LOL
Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Fk2021(m): 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
tunnelgistrealm:
It's original bro, shey na LG them no fit print for carton. Also that TV is 55 inch but not smart TV. It's just normal LG LED HD TV that's why it's cheap!

But to some extent I believe you because I used this product for almost 6 months and no fault was seen before I gave it out

This item must be some kind of low cost just like the way we had in Android phones.

1 Like

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by seco1: 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
Please don't fall for it, i bought this exact type of LG 55 inches at Alaba in 2018 @ 250k, the screen came on with a tiny line after 2 days on it's own without anyone nearing it, the whole screen became blank after 3 days. The next thing i heard was "oga warranty no cover screen". It was then i knew i bought a fake tv. Owo Saraa

1 Like

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by mikelcool(m): 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
This is how a lg tv should look like

That is fake

1 Like

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by benefitzte: 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2021
Mozidat2301:
Good day my people, I was almost fell victim of this, cos I have also gotten a 32imches lg at 60k from a store around idi ape iwo road ibadan but when I got home with the product, I realised that it's fake , when I checked on nairaland, I quickly returned the following day , I frankly told him , it's fake LG and he just returned my money, deducted just 500naira. Still looking for the original product o.

Go to the LG shop behind ShopRite dugbe, after zenith and sterling banks on the road to Oke Bola, before one big RCCG church

1 Like

Re: Is This An Original LG TV by Mozidat2301: 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
benefitzte:

Go to the LG shop behind ShopRite dugbe, after zenith and sterling banks on the road to Oke Bola, before one big RCCG church
yes, thanks, got at LG show room , agodi gate ib

(1) (2) (Reply)

Android Robot Usb Otg Adapter / Dell Latitude E6320/6420 Intel Core i5 2.5ghz/320gb/4g/dvdrw/wifi/bluth/@55k / Why's "Ss" Method No Longer Working For Youtube Video Downloading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.