Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,525 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 (841 Views)

How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter / IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues. / Beating Ur Woman Dont Mean You Dont Love Her (2) (3) (4)

If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by orunmila144: 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2019
Does nepa strike if you have credit in your prepaid meter ?
Re: If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by Noble3264: 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2019
No! you only have light when power is restored to your area its benefit is that you will stop receiving estimated billing from the DISCO, which in most cases is outrageous!
Tho I'll rather prefer the estimated billing because the rate at which your unit finishes(esp when you have heavy appliances) is alarming I'll just make sure my meter is registered under residential unit.

Re: If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by shege45: 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2019
orunmila144:
Does nepa strike if you have credit in your prepaid meter ?
no just dat you would realize that nepa have been deceiving you since. When you use prepaid, they would lose if they don’t bring light unlike the estimated billing system
Re: If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by orunmila144: 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2019
shege45:
no just dat you would realize that nepa have been deceiving you since. When you use prepaid, they would lose if they don’t bring light unlike the estimated billing system
thank you my brother. so you are saying with pre-paid if nepa strikes in my area I will still have light if i have credit in my meter ? just to clarify. thanks
Re: If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by orunmila144: 3:14pm On Aug 10, 2019
Noble3264:
No! you only have light when power is restored to your area its benefit is that you will stop receiving estimated billing from the DISCO, which in most cases is outrageous!
Tho I'll rather prefer the estimated billing because the rate at which your unit finishes(esp when you have heavy appliances) is alarming I'll just make sure my meter is registered under residential unit.
oh so the prepaid meter does not stop nepa from striking even if you have credit in it ? thats crazy
Re: If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by Noble3264: 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2019
orunmila144:
oh so the prepaid meter does not stop nepa from striking even if you have credit in it ? thats crazy
Yes if your neighbour that does not use prepaid and has paid their (DISCO) energy bill has light you will have and if the seize the light you won't have
In pidgin" if lyt dey you go get if lyt no dey you no go get" grin

Re: If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by orunmila144: 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2019
Noble3264:

Yes if your neighbour that does not use prepaid and has paid their (DISCO) energy bill has light you will have and if the seize the light you won't have
In pidgin" if lyt dey you go get if lyt no dey you no go get" grin
grin grin but that is wrong na ? abi how you take see this matter bros ? because if it is prepaid it means i have paid for my electricity before time, so why would you prevent me from using what i have paid for by denying me access if you take the light ?
Re: If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by shege45: 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2019
orunmila144:
thank you my brother. so you are saying with pre-paid if nepa strikes in my area I will still have light if i have credit in my meter ? just to clarify. thanks
you won’t have light. Just that you would only pay for light that you used. Unlike the estimated bill where you pay for light that you don’t use

Re: If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by orunmila144: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2019
shege45:
you won’t have light. Just that you would only pay for light that you used. Unlike the estimated bill where you pay for light that you don’t use
thanks. it all makes sense now. thank you for your time Sir. it is appreciated
Re: If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by Noble3264: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2019
[quote author=orunmila144 post=81128173] grin grin but that is wrong na ? abi how you take see this matter bros ? because if it is prepaid it means i have paid for my electricity before time, so why would you prevent me from using what i have paid for by denying me access if you take the light ?
Its not done that way you have paid for your energy to be used when you want to use it I:e you have full control of ONLY your usage mind you "no be only you the use the line".
If na so ebi NEPA no go use GEN them go just buy prepaid and voila...

Re: If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by orunmila144: 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2019
[quote author=Noble3264 post=81128390][/quote] lmaoo bros e no easy. i being dey think say the prepaid will be sweet if you can have electricity access 24 7. for obodo oyinbo when you buy electricity in your prepaid meter you have access to it till you finish how much you pay for then you go buy another one.
Re: If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by Noble3264: 3:49pm On Aug 10, 2019
orunmila144:
lmaoo bros e no easy. i being dey think say the prepaid will be sweet if you can have electricity access 24 7. for obodo oyinbo when you buy electricity in your prepaid meter you have access to it till you finish how much you pay for then you go buy another one.
For there the have 24/7 UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY! naija na 3rd world country Where nothing works.
Re: If I Get Prepaid Meter Does That Mean You Will Have Electricity 24 7 by orunmila144: 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2019
Noble3264:

For there the have 24/7 UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY! naija na 3rd world country Where nothing works.
yeah we will get there eventually . it takes time

Dying Dad Shares Final Beer With Sons- 'that Moment Meant So Much To Him' / Sponsor Girlfriend University Education Or Use the money for Bet? / HELP: My Biological Father Is Always Laying Courses On Me