Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter (15731 Views)

Please How Can I Calculate My CGPA In Nigeria University / IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues. / I Ran Out Of Credit On My Prepaid Meter, Please What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by woodr5711: 3:27pm On Jan 21
I recently fixed prepaid meter on my betting shop.
I only have 1 ceiling fan, 2 white bulb, 3 laptops and 5 computer monitor as display.
Working time is 8am to 7pm

I need an estimate like How many units can I be consuming per day?
How much is unit?
Does the price of unit same with all provider?
How can I be able to know what I consume to avoid been cheated?
How to reduced consumption?

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by dawnomike(m): 3:55pm On Jan 21
woodr5711:
I only have 1 ceiling fan, 2 white bulb, 3 laptops and 5 computer monitor as display.

How much is unit?
You'll need a bit of physics though.

You need to know your kw/h rate and what phcn changes you for 1kw.

Then take your meter readings for a time duration and find your hourly kw average.

From that, you can estimate how much electricity you consume per hour and how much it costs.

NB: You can only arrive at an estimate cos your usage is not constant

32 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Nazgul: 4:19pm On Jan 21
20k would give you a little over 300 units.

So 6k should give you about 90 something units, and 1k would be between 15-18 units.

I'll recommend you load 6k. So with 90 something units, and all the appliances you mentioned, it should carry you for over 2 weeks depending on how constant power supply is in your area.

About how many units you'll be consuming per day, it would be difficult for me to estimate it cos my appliances are different from yours. You'd have to monitor the meter by yourself. When you open for sales, check the units. And after closing for the day, check it again. If it was 97 units when you opened, and dropped to 90 or 88 when you closed. You would be able to calculate how many days/weeks the 90 units should last. And remember to move your change over to gen or neutral before locking up so you won't burn more units over night.

But note that your calculations wouldn't be accurate cos NEPA would definitely size power at intervals. Meaning you can use 8 units today and maybe 2 or 3 units the following day. Just bear it in mind that 6k should carry you for 2-3 weeks regardless of how constant power supply is in your area. That way you'll know how to budged money for units.

37 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by ikeno(m): 4:42pm On Jan 21
Does kw/h imply that am being charged every hr irrespective of the amount of appliances i have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Jennyclay(f): 5:26pm On Jan 21
I don’t know how to calculate it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by fineboynl(m): 6:27pm On Jan 21
4k - 5k should be enough of the light is constant.

Otherwise 3k or less

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by jmoore(m): 7:30pm On Jan 21
ikeno:
Does kw/h imply that am being charged every hr irrespective of the amount of appliances i have.
You are charged based on the amount of energy (Kilowatts) you consume, not by time.
Tenant A only have laptop, phone, standing fan and 3 energy bulbs. While tenant B has fridge, AC, Tv, etc. If both recharge 3,000 naira same day, tenant B owns will finish before tenant A.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by jmoore(m): 7:39pm On Jan 21
The price of a unit is not the same. When you purchase a power token, you will see the price per unit.

Before you calculate how much you consume a day, inspect all your wire connection to be sure no one is tapping from you.

How to check your daily consumption: Example: if you purchased 100 units, check the balance of your credit when closing for the day. Minus the balance from the units you previously loaded. The difference is your daily consumption.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by princemillla(m): 8:03pm On Jan 21
woodr5711:

How much is unit?

No one will cheat you except you are sharing p.meter with someone.

First, you need to know how much ur electricity supplier us charging per unit. Then whatever unit u buy is wat you'll use.

But if you want to track how much u consume per day, you can simply note what unit u av before n after business. Then divide it by the hours u operate in the shop.
Then you can make decisions you want to lower it by putting some system off while they are idle or continue with it.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by frozen70(f): 9:01pm On Jan 21
woodr5711:

How much is unit?

The only thing you can manage is to off bulbs

But that same bulbs are wgat illuminates inside the shop both day and night

Fan must be on especially this hot weather

Monitoring must be on because that's where the deals are done

1 Like

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Nazgul: 8:29am On Jan 22
ikeno:
Yes. It might be higher or lower tho, depending on how you use those appliances.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by We4all: 5:26pm On Jan 22
You don't have appliances that consume too much power. No fridge, AC and no pressing iron. 1K can get you about 13 units which can last for a week. Do the remaining maths.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Femich18(m): 12:19pm On Jan 23
Cost of unit rate differs. Different power holders different rate.
Also your daily usage differs but you only get an average when you monitor your appliances over a period of time
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Swagagangaa(m): 12:20pm On Jan 23
Here to learn

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Chicagograduate(m): 12:20pm On Jan 23
Do you have NEPA light?
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by dominique(f): 12:22pm On Jan 23
ikeno:

Nope, it implies how much power you are consuming per hour. If you turn off all your appliances, the units will remain the same

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by money121(m): 12:23pm On Jan 23
Ok
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:24pm On Jan 23
Leave matter for Matthias
Even if we were cheated no body could complain because we are in Nigeria
Dey will say go to Court n remember no lawyer will do it for Free

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by 96ACE: 12:24pm On Jan 23
Bros you nor get work to do abi?

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by orasam: 12:25pm On Jan 23
Jennyclay:

You don't need to know how to calculate it.

What you need to do is to monitor the kWh displayed on the meter immediately you open your shop and do same before you close your shop. Taking in consideration that there is no power failure.

Do this for 3 different days and take your average. That will be your daily consumption

That is what I did to come to the conclusion that if I have 24hr non stop electricity in my house that I will consume 5Kwh.

With this, anytime I load, I can predict the next time to reload

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by kloser(m): 12:25pm On Jan 23
We4all:
You don't have appliances that consume too much power. No fridge, AC and no pressing iron. 1K can get you about 13 units which can last for a week. Do the remaining maths.
one week? How naa
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Chicagograduate(m): 12:26pm On Jan 23
frozen70:

The only thing you can manage is to off bulbs

But that same bulbs are wgat illuminates inside the shop both day and night

Fan must be on especially this hot weather

Monitoring must be on because that's where the deals are done
White bulbs is better than yellow type.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Triangles1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 23
Chai gone are the days when no one care about leaving light on or watering flowers with excess water.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Gadafii: 12:28pm On Jan 23
Install meter reader, every morning you can check how many United you have used the last 24 hours. A unit cost around 80naira or so

So this will help you calculate your consumption
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Lanretoye(m): 12:29pm On Jan 23
If you can calculate how many hours you have electricity in your area...prepaid meter can humble person sha,i cant remember the last time i used my AC.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by GloriousGbola: 12:30pm On Jan 23
buy a kwh/check meter. then you can compare the readings

you can look for this on jiji

note that it is more likely somone is stealing power from you

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Ojuntana: 12:30pm On Jan 23
Jennyclay:
Only men know how to calculate
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by GreaterFuture(m): 12:31pm On Jan 23
It differs from place to place...
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by Trophy12: 12:34pm On Jan 23
May God not make us poor for we to start calculating meter . grin
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by SamoraWarrior: 12:36pm On Jan 23
This is how you calculate your prepaid meter.

X²-y³+2x(6z*5/6-4y)+4y²x²z³

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by kokakola: 12:41pm On Jan 23
When I needed to know my Electricity Consumption rate for where I stay, I Searched on Google "Electric Consumption Calculation in Nigeria" and different search results popped-up. I Click on the one applicable to Nigeria. I carefully studied one from a DISCO in Lagos State. That was what I used to know my Electricity Consumption Rate and it has been helpful.

Goodluck.
Re: How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter by KarinaSlim(f): 12:42pm On Jan 23
Swallow the Prepaid meter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG, LGA's Renew Marriage Registration Battle / Help Me Save My Dad Friends / Economy: Nigerians No Longer Accommodate Relatives As Cost Of Living Soars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.