Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,856 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / . (565 Views)

Need Advice On Salary At My New Job / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice / For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by sodiqapril(m): 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
Re: . by herakles: 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
sodiqapril:
Hello everyone, I'm seeking the advice of all matured minds here. I'm a young man in my early 20s. I was expelled from my previous university in my fourth year due to bad grades. I'm now in my first year in another university, during my first year in my first University, I discovered my talents for story telling so I started writing movie scripts. I lost my first script to a foreign agent who claimed everything because I had no copyright and that's my punishment for sending an unsolicited material to hi, since then I've written about 20 scripts the only thing they lack is professional touches. The story lines are engaging. Recently, I looked out professional screenwriters and found out that they all have majors in screenwriting. So, I'm thinking of dropping out and enrolling in a film school or writing school to brush up my writing school then I'll take screenwriting as a career.
The last time I was expelled , it broke my parents heart, so I need advice on how to run my life.

what course are you studying currently?! dropping out of school a second time is not really fair to your parents. I suggest you invest in online courses, trainings and seminars. You are already networking, and it has yielded some result for you, please continue to do so. You can consider being a ghost writer. Learn how to manage your time and be on the lookout for opportunities that will help you sharpen your skills and gain more exposure. #Shalom

7 Likes

Re: . by UrVillagePpl: 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
i really do not have much to say to you, but i think dropping out of school is not a good idea and the same time breaking ur parent,s heart the 2nd time(and thats not good).
so i think u should enrol for online classes, go for seminars to relate that to this(just as the person ontop stated)..
so basically u should use ur time to build on ur ability... so as to make ur parent proud at the end of the day
Re: . by sodiqapril(m): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
UrVillagePpl:
i really do not have much to say to you, but i think dropping out of school is not a good idea and the same time breaking ur parent,s heart the 2nd time(and thats not good).
so i think u should enrol for online classes, go for seminars to relate that to this(just as the person ontop stated)..
so basically u should use ur time to build on ur ability... so as to make ur parent proud at the end of the day
Thank you sir for your advice..

1 Like

Re: . by sodiqapril(m): 10:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
herakles:

what course are you studying currently?! dropping out of school a second time is not really fair to your parents. I suggest you invest in online courses, trainings and seminars. You are already networking, and it has yielded some result for you, please continue to do so. You can consider being a ghost writer. Learn how to manage your time and be on the lookout for opportunities that will help you sharpen your skills and gain more exposure. #Shalom
Thanks sir for the advice, you mind recommending an online class for me most I've come across are either ridiculously too expensive or cheap and nothing to show off at the end of the day..thanks again for your advice
Re: . by herakles: 6:30am On Aug 13, 2019
sodiqapril:

Thanks sir for the advice, you mind recommending an online class for me most I've come across are either ridiculously too expensive or cheap and nothing to show off at the end of the day..thanks again for your advice

edx, udemy, Alison etc

(1) (Reply)

I Didn’t Go School But I’m Now University Chancellor ” – Innoson Boss / SALES AGENT At FIPS Multilinks Limited / Private Money Lenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.