Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. (947 Views)

Pakistani Man Who Keeps Lion As A Pet Gives Reason For Not Chaining It (photo) / I Think My Dog Is Not Dead, The Veterinary Doctor Lied. / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. by eenai(m): 2:32am On Aug 14, 2019
Please I need help with my dog. It's a rottweiler and 5 months old. It has never been chained before. I wanted to bath him and had to chain him. That was were the issue started. He fought seriously and shewing the chain trying to free him self. At the end of the day, I was able to bath him amidst crying and fightNg back. After bathing him the dog changed completely. He stopped responding to calls and just seemly depressed and being on its own.
Experience dog owners, is this strange behaviour Norma?if not what do I do?
Thank you.
Re: My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. by meobizy(f): 3:01am On Aug 14, 2019
Leave the dumb animal to roam about. When hunger fires it the senses will come back.

1 Like

Re: My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. by weyreypey: 3:48am On Aug 14, 2019
Hehehe take it to ondo town....let it roam
Re: My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2019
eenai:
Please I need help with my dog. It's a rottweiler and 5 months old. It has never been chained before. I wanted to bath him and had to chain him. That was were the issue started. He fought seriously and shewing the chain trying to free him self. At the end of the day, I was able to bath him amidst crying and fightNg back. After bathing him the dog changed completely. He stopped responding to calls and just seemly depressed and being on its own.
Thank you.
It's common with some dogs, mine will go and hide and get me worried before it shows up. No amount of call, she won't come out.
Just let him be or try to play with him just to cheer him up.
Re: My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. by samnaija: 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2019
You should let him get used to being chained. Walk him around regular with the chain. He will understand. You are dealing with a rott. U must train and set boundaries. Or your dog go train you.

7 Likes

Re: My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2019
eenai:
Thank you.

It’s normal he’ll come around later when he gets used to it..chain him more often..my dog a very stubborn lhasa)behaved like that until I left him in the chain for more than a week...
When I got a new dog, it was even worse, he became very distant and fought with the dog at any opportunity....I had to keep the new dog (Caucasian sherperd)inside for a while...unlucky for him caucasians sherperds gets almost 10times their size in a very short time...:
now they ar sworn enemies always fighting for everything....till today he’s still angry at me for bringing another dog into the house cos anytime I’m playing with the pack cos I bought another female lhasa he stays far away in one corner looking at us like one jealous housewife funny thing is the female lhasa and the cauc are best friends...

1 Like

Re: My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. by deltateam: 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2019
1StopRudeness:

It’s normal he’ll come around later when he gets used to it..chain him more often..my dog a very stubborn lhasa)behaved like that until I left him in the chain for more than a week...
When I got a new dog, it was even worse, he became very distant and fought with the dog at any opportunity....I had to keep the new dog (Caucasian sherperd)inside for a while...unlucky for him caucasians sherperds gets almost 10times their size in a very short time...:
now they ar sworn enemies always fighting for everything....till today he’s still angry at me for bringing another dog into the house cos anytime I’m playing with the pack cos I bought another female lhasa he stays far away in one corner looking at us like one jealous housewife funny thing is the female lhasa and the cauc are best friends...

Why don't you socialize them or you like their enemity?
Re: My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2019
deltateam:

Why don't you socialize them or you like their enemity?

I don’t like the enemity... I’ve done all I could and gave up. I’ve tried playing catch and throw with both of them, run with them, take a walk with them which is the same thing I did with the new female lhasa.which worked fine cos the cauc and the female lhasa are 5&6.
My vet said it’s because they are both males..that when they are more than one dog in the place one wil naturally enter alpha mode and it’s always a male... because he’s about 3years older than the cauc and first in the territory he naturally wants to play that role but unfortunately for him there’s a bigger dude around whose natural temperament is, protect, power and dominance..
Re: My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. by deltateam: 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2019
1StopRudeness:

I don’t like the enemity... I’ve done all I could and gave up. I’ve tried playing catch and throw with both of them, run with them, take a walk with them which is the same thing I did with the new female lhasa.which worked fine cos the cauc and the female lhasa are 5&6.
My vet said it’s because they are both males..that when they are more than one dog in the place one wil naturally enter alpha mode and it’s always a male... because he’s about 3years older than the cauc and first in the territory he naturally wants to play that role but unfortunately for him there’s a bigger dude around whose natural temperament is, protect, power and dominance..

You are right.
Re: My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. by eenai(m): 7:12am On Aug 16, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Thank you. I will try and chain him more often.
Re: My Dog Depressed After Chaining Him. by sassy91: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2019
reinforce the chain with a reward like meat, when it's time to chain him make it during feeding time,you will see he will love the chain because once you take the chain he knows it is feeding time

(1) (Reply)

4month Female Boerboel For Sale In Ibadan. / Please What Breed Of Dog Is This Puppy / 5 Reasons To Watch Animes Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.