Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants (34164 Views)

UK Sanctions Teodoro Obiang, Equatorial Guinea's VP, 4 Others Over Corruption / This African Nation Wants To Erect Trump-like Wall / Equatorial Guinea Where Father And Son Are President And Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by okeniti: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2019
Haile Selassie I, Lumumba, Nkrumah, Sekou Toure, Garvey, Malcolm X included. I don't know whether it's us that are lazy people that cannot be bothered due to selfishness/greedy interests here in Africa or we have generational curse of bad corrupt leadership and we need to go apologize to our ancestors.

Zhegx:
undecided

Would it not be wiser to use that money to build more infrastructure in the country?.........
What has the black man done to deserve clueless leaders?...............................................

Thomas Sankara would be weeping in his grave.......

1 Like

Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by TSRC: 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2019
guttentag:
Soon ghana will build a wall because of Nigerians
They can shut it up
I honestly don't know what Nigerians are looking for there..
It is not like there are more corporate jobs there compared to Nigeria.
Even if they were, they wouldn't give it to foreigners.
The dregs of society going to hustle informally are constituting nuisance.

2 Likes

Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2019
delamb01:
If Nigeria can only fence her Northern borders, many problems will be solved. Hausas from Niger Republic constitute a large majority of the Northern population. Many of them are imported by the government during elections. But because they are Hausa and Muslims they enjoy some rights even better than other non-Hausa and non-muslims living in the North.

So those Nigeriens voted for Obasanjo in 2003, and GEJ in 2011...when they won the election.

Dude, the truth is, in 2015...PDP would have won the election IF it had cleared out its problems in Benue, Nassarawa, Kogi and Kwara state. No matter how many Northerners or pseudo-Northerners vote for Buhari.

I don't like APC. And this 2019 election shows that APC is going to lose in 2023...but the excuses you PDP people use to cry about losing elections...honestly, if I was chosing parties, I won't even chose PDP. (And Lord knows Buhari isn't it.Anyway come 2023...I prolly would vote for one of the smaller parties like I always do.).

But ultimately, the problem I have with excuses like this is simple. You guys blame 'Hausas' for all your problems. You people won't go out and build bridges. Or how did someone like Obasanjo win votes in the North? He went out and built bridges. Pity that many PDP supporters don't think like him...otherwise GEJ would have been rounding up a few months ago.

Stop blaming the Nigeriens for your election loss. The truth is, if you want to win elections, you have to reach out to people you don't like. That's how Obasanjo and even Bubu did it. You also clean up issues. 2015 was lost because 1) Nassarawa PDP was divided. 2) The elections in Benue and Kogi turned into a referendum on the bad performances of their PDP governors 3) Kwara PDP was gutted by Saraki and company. Now if all those issues were sorited out. PDP would have won without needing a single Northern vote.
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by urahara(m): 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2019
martineverest:
now u know... their income per capita is almost same with Europeans ....3 times better than that of South Africa

That's not true, only few European countries have per capita s around the 10,000 dollars range.
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by ibechris(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2019
This is what u will get when leaders fail to outline their goals...
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by kernel001: 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2019
Zhegx:
undecided

Would it not be wiser to use that money to build more infrastructure in the country?.........
What has the black man done to deserve clueless leaders?...............................................

Don't you understand that influx of immigrants will bring multiple crime, unemployment and diseases.

1 Like

Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2019
okeniti:
Haile Selassie I, Lumumba, Nkrumah, Sekou Toure, Garvey, Malcolm X included. I don't know whether it's us that are lazy people that cannot be bothered due to selfishness/greedy interests here in Africa or we have generational curse of bad corrupt leadership and we know to go apologize to our ancestors.

Very true.......especially "Malcolm X"
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by DameB(f): 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2019
Hope laslas the fence won't be to keep people in and prevent them from going out, rather than keep outsiders out grin
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2019
kernel001:

Don't you understand that influx of immigrants will bring multiple crime, unemployment and diseases.
Dude, their president is just looking for an excuse to loot more money.........Building a border wall only reduces "illegal immigration". Legal migrants can also bring disease and take the available jobs. Its a wrong decision even though the motives appear " plausible"
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by martineverest(m): 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2019
urahara:

That's not true, only few European countries have per capita s around the 10,000 dollars range.
income per capita of equatorial guinea is about 19k dollars
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by tyup(m): 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2019
Blue3k:
The author reporter should've did just done a better job reporting on borderwall instead of irrelevant indices about The nation. He didnt tell readers important information Informations like how much the wall would cost, estimated completion date, potential lawsuits, number of illegal immigrants arrested and deportes the deportees etc.

This Is dumb becsuse because the wall would stop illegal immigration. I dont understand why people conflate legal and illegal. Go through legal ports of entry for business and travel.

Bros nawa for you o

always review your messages before posting them sad
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by Slimpotter(m): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2019
Zhegx:
undecided

The only true leader Africa ever had

1 Like

Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by kernel001: 10:02pm On Aug 14, 2019
Zhegx:

Dude, their president is just looking for an excuse to loot more money.........Building a border wall only reduces "illegal immigration". Legal migrants can also bring disease and take the available jobs. Its a wrong decision even though the motives appear " plausible"

Tell me any country that survive influx of immigrants unchecked?

1 Like

Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by AngelicBeing: 10:04pm On Aug 14, 2019
compton11:
including cape Verde,Angola,
l concur with you grin
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by Blue3k(m): 10:04pm On Aug 14, 2019
tyup:

Bros nawa for you o

always review your messages before posting them sad

Thanks for the tip now take your own advice. Make sure you add punctuation to your post mr editor. You're also supposed to start you sentences capitalised.
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by tyup(m): 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2019
Blue3k:

Thanks for the tip now take your own advice. Make sure you add punctuation to your post mr editor. You're also supposed to start you sentences capitalised.

Lol you didn't ask me to educate you on that
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by mixta140: 10:14pm On Aug 14, 2019
Nice idea
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by Blue3k(m): 10:14pm On Aug 14, 2019
tyup:

Lol you didn't ask me to educate you on that

I didnt ask you anything actually. Punctuate before running around soliciting editorial services. You can send your resume to online paper writing websites if you're looking for work. Good luck to you.
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by urahara(m): 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2019
martineverest:
income per capita of equatorial guinea is about 19k dollars

That's ppp , am talking about nominal.
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2019
Good one, anyone entering your country without a visa is useless in his own country, and would definitely be a drag. Keep them out as much as you can

4 Likes

Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by GMbuharii: 10:58pm On Aug 14, 2019
post=81259904:
This is interestingly interesting cheesy cheesy wink.

Good one from the country o

Yes it is,they are.doing it to keep out and keep off Fulani herdsmen

grin
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2019
I am not understanding

Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by Bahddo(m): 11:51pm On Aug 14, 2019
martineverest:
can u say that to bayelsa?. least populated state with one of the highest allocation
Bayelsa state is more populated than Equatorial Guinea and unlike the latter, they do not get all the proceeds from their oil. You cannot compare a sovereign nation with a mere state in a country where the Federal Government merely gives you a portion of the revenue your oil gives.

Despite all that revenue, Equatorial Guinea is still plagued with the same mismanagement of resources that have plagued oil-rich African nations. They aren't investing enough in education or health, and there are still so many persons who cannot easily get safe drinking water.

They aren't much better than Bayelsa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by planetx: 12:30am On Aug 15, 2019
Equitorial Guinea is a thousand times better than Nigeria, keep consoling yourselves when Nigerians flood into that country illegally.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by tyup(m): 7:33am On Aug 15, 2019
Blue3k:

I didnt ask you anything actually. Punctuate begore running around soliciting editorial services. You can send your resume to online paper writing websites if you're looking for work. Good luck to you.

grin grin. funny you..... I'll put that into consideration sir
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by Sirwallace(m): 9:24am On Aug 15, 2019
It is a right step in the right direction since they have the resources to build the wall.

Nigera's problem solution is one of that.
Give us strong border to curb illegal migrant of people, weapons and smuggled goods.
Give us electricity to revitalised various industries.
With agriculture providing raw materials for industries,
Then watch as we grow as we will be welcome in the committee of great nation.

By the way,
Hello well meaning nairalander,

I am a graduate of mechanical engineering with second class upper in need of a job. Finished service year last march and looking for opportunity to gain experience in any engineering firm. Diversification in any capacity from management to finance, customer relationship and ICT will also be appreciated.
I reside in lagos.

I would really appreciate this kind gesture.
My email is ajayioladeji2015@gmail.com

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by chubinwa(m): 10:25am On Aug 15, 2019
This is an abasement on Nigerian govt. imagine equatorial Guinea with such intend.
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by Malawian(m): 10:39am On Aug 15, 2019
The pictures look like Nigeria in the 1980s.
Re: Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants by dannielight(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2019
Me I like leaders with balls.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wisconsin State Asks Trump To Pay $9.7 Million As Charges For A Recount / EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions / Martine Moise: Injured Widow Of Slain President Returns To Haiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.