Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,563 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister (13095 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / You Met Your Wife Sister Like This, What Will You Do? / I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by boye1: 9:04am On May 15, 2007
I am going out with this gal and my brother just came home from the united states and the gal that he is going out with who happens to be my girlfriend's sister .so what do i do because from the school of thought they say it is incest.what do i do.mind you am serious with this girl and we are planning to get married next year february.
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by English1(f): 9:35am On May 15, 2007
Of course it's not incest. You are not related to the girls at all.

Anyway I'm confused. Is she his wife or just his girlfriend? Not that it makes any difference really.
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by boye1: 10:06am On May 15, 2007
they are getting married next month
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by nossycheek(f): 2:23pm On May 15, 2007
Set of male twins get married to set of female twins and they are not in any sense incest. Go ahead and marry her if you desire, if you desire, it is not incest at all.
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by emilyone(f): 5:47pm On May 28, 2009
i need more light on dis issue as well
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by ifyalways(f): 10:11am On May 29, 2009
Depends on which part of the country u come from undecided
In some places,its an incest.They claim that ur in-laws are ur brethren,marriage authomatically makes ur in-laws ur relatives.
lol,tight situation.Its either u or ur older bros undecided
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by biina: 10:17am On May 29, 2009
first come, first serve! get married next week and let your brother worry about the question of incest  grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by Ben13: 1:19pm On May 29, 2009
some cultures don't allow that.
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 29, 2009
Not allowed in the yoruba culture. Your in-laws are your "family"
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On May 29, 2009
i see no reason why u cant, she no relate to you.
But some dumb culture of ours will say otherwise, and this is one of the cultures that i hate with passion.
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by MaiSuya(m): 6:32pm On May 29, 2009
I personally don't think there's anything wrong. . .
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by Ndipe(m): 10:21pm On May 29, 2009
Seek the opinion of your parents to ascertain if your relationship will be acceptable in your culture or not. Various societies will react positively or negatively to this love 'conundrum'.

Best wishes.
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 29, 2009
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by sosisi(f): 12:36am On May 30, 2009
It's not incest .
It's allowed in Igboland if you're Igbo,you folks are not related
If your parents are OK with it why not?

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by ifyalways(f): 12:39am On May 30, 2009
@Poster,are u Igbo and which part are u from?
Its NOT allowed in the WHOLE of igboland.
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by scolobo(m): 12:17am On Jun 03, 2009
doesnt make much sense to me, marraige is RIGHT , marry anyone if u luv him/her since u aint bloodzzzz
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by zinco: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2009
my people use to say that if a road is good we walk it twise, therefore it may not really matter provided the people involved are sincere to themselves. but some culture reject that is ok.
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by Kx: 12:55pm On Jun 12, 2009
zinco:

my people use to say that if a road is good we walk it twise,

Zinco,abi me and u come from d same place?
In my own case,my people used to say "na land wen good person dey farm twice"
@Poster,carry own jari
incestuous relationship can only exist btw a broda and a sister,or a father and daughter,
not btw inlaws.
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by biola44: 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2009
undecided
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by tboyjnr(m): 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2009
lol use common sense, ahhn, incest ko incest ni, psheeewwww,
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by gbolahan1(m): 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2009
It depends on is acceptable in your area but it is not in anyway acceptable in our own culture-Yoruba land. Both wives will surely have differeces in the future which may affect your family.
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by mamagee3(f): 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2009
No you can't and you shouldn't, you can't marry your in-law
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by Bestmann(m): 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2009
LOOK 4 ANOTHER WOMAN B4 ITS TOO LATE
TO AVOID LOADING THE GIRL
TAKE CARE
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by xavier3(m): 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2009
dude it seams ur a freak or sumtin. angry angry Dont u and your broda or ur wuld be wife talk. If yu did u wuldnt b in dis situation. If u marry her u wuld be marrying ur second sista in-law.
Try to make her see reason why you have to call it off.

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by Unitedabby(m): 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
Some of this culture stuff can be quite dump atimes.go ahead man and marry the wman u love as long as u ar not blood like the bible also condemns.
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by Eisenhower(m): 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
guy go ahead and marry her. is she your sister or cousin? hell NO! go ahead joor and marry her if you want to.
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by Eisenhower(m): 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
guy go ahead and marry her. is she your sister or cousin? hell NO! go ahead joor and marry her if you want to. grin grin grin undecided
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by Silencer1: 4:09am On Jan 10, 2013
The coast is clear!
No blood ties! Faya on with the marriage! cool
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by Pain(m): 8:29am On Jan 07, 2015
Una Don marry now?
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by nefertiitii: 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
So did y'all get married angry angry
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by BokoHaramm: 12:17am On Jan 18, 2015
biina:
first come, first serve! get married next week and let your brother worry about the question of incest  grin
psycho on the loose but its the best option
Re: Can I Marry My Brother's Wife Sister by aspirebig: 5:33am On Jan 18, 2015
2007 post?

Hmmm.

Dem go don mary tey tey naa, abi?

I dont think it is a sin if approved by the families.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NL Husband Material / Olden Days Vs Modern Days Marriages / Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.