Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) (14543 Views)

Israel DMW Shares DMs Of Women Asking Him To Marry Them (Photos) / "My Mother Had Surgery" - Burna Boy Explains His Silence During EndSARS Protest / Kiss Daniel Explains His "Uncle Stop Touching" Line Of "Yeba" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by Ndlistic(m): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2019
You've got to see all the tattoos on Burna Boy's body and the inspiration behind them.

Burna Boy is known to be one of the most tattooed singers in the entertainment industry and we can't take that away from him.

He broke down bits by bits the names and the reasons behind each tattoo on his body during a recent interview and they are very interesting.

From having the Nigerian coat of arm (Shocking) to Fela's name on his hand, Burna Boy sure has a very strong attachment to all the tattoos on his body. He revealed all these during an exclusive chat with fashion magazine, GQ.

"The first one is a Psalm from the bible. I was just in a dark place and this was the Psalm that felt like I wrote it at that time. This is the tattoo I got after my third American tour. It's like a rock star tattoo. On my fingers, we have 'God's love' that's like the fuel. Then this is like a brick wall, it has family written pon it then it also has some of my family members name on it.

"Then this is like a bleeding heart but it still shines so it shows that even with all the...something might be shining but it still bleeds. Then this is Fela Kuti, he is like my hero, he is like the best musician that ever lived," he said.

It didn't end there he went to show off the tattoos created from his first-ever album, Life and that of the nickname his grandfather and Fela Kuti use to call each other back in the days.

Over the last couple of months, Burna Boy has been on a foreign media tour, granting interviews with popular TV hosts including that of Trevor Noah which is getting a lot of buzz.

‘Nigerians and humility don’t mix,’ Trevor Noah tells Burna Boy

After his interview with Trevor Noah, the self-acclaimed ‘African Giant’ Burna Boy performed ‘Anybody’ and ‘Ye’ before an excited audience of The Daily Show. But before the performance, Burna Boy had a chat with Trevor Noah on a myriad of topics

One of those was the events that led to his infamous outburst at the organizers of American concert, Coachella a few months ago. The rant led to the artist’s now popular alias and title of his latest album, ‘African Giant.’

On the events that led to that social media outburst, Burna Boy narrated that, “Yeah basically, I was on the toilet seat and then my mom (also his manager, ‘Mama Burna’) calls me and was like ‘we’re doing Coachella blah blah…’ and I’m like ‘Oh yeah, that’s nice.“

So, I get up and you know go on the (Insta)gram (laughs) and then I see the thing (the poster) and I’m seeing all the names but I literally can’t find my name. So I’m like ‘Am I really performing here? (Laughs) What’s going on?’

“And she’s (Mama Burna) like ‘Nah, it’s there.’ She had to circle it for me (to see). So, basically, that’s never happened to me before you know, I’m used to being the African giant… So I’m like, ‘What’s this? I don’t like this.’ (Laughs). So, basically, I told them… I expressed myself… So that everyone coming after me shouldn’t have to go through that."

Burna Boy then goes on to say that he was also fighting for all international artists who come to perform at Coachella, big in their own countries and to their primary fans. He feels international artists shouldn’t have to be subjected to limitation by American platforms.
Watch The Video .https://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/08/burna-boy-breaks-down-inspiration.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by Dwady(m): 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2019
King of the new African Sound.
Oluwa Burna ���

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by okeyumez(m): 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
Looking dirty. Inspirations of madness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by ayodaisi: 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
Burnaston boy wey mum
Tattoo name good thing?
He look irresponsible

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
shocked

Burna keeps making the news now.

He should enjoy it while it lasts.
D'Banj tasted way more success, fame and international recognition than this.

But where is he today?
It even took his son's death to get him back into the news.

But the question is, is to have had and lost
Better than not having at all?
Because I can not even imagine what folks like Efe and Banky W feel.
While one has never had a hit to put him on the news, the other has no offspring yet to call him "father ".

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by Ekakamba: 1:15pm On Aug 16, 2019
Burn-na boy. My cigarettes homie. grin tongue
Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by Biritiko: 1:15pm On Aug 16, 2019
Like for Burna boy
Share for Airforce1

9 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by TANID(m): 1:15pm On Aug 16, 2019
Dwady:
King
Of What
Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by NYSCempower: 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2019
Follow this nairaland page to get daily Strategic tips to help you earn over 100k weekly from the bookies.

Check up on Calculation proofs and don't miss out on learning to earn.

Subscribe to Stake, Win and Earn cos that's what STARS do.

Regards.

https://www.nairaland.com/5336401/safe-opportunities-world-sport-trading
Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by MachadoPreto: 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2019
Tattoo that can block bullets.

He should come so I can give him 21 inscissions on his chest and back. Even if Dangote truck runs over him, nothing will happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2019
Your mum we know

Wechat and Alipay verified account available
Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by ogbosike: 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2019
Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by drips8(m): 1:24pm On Aug 16, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

But where is he today?
It took his son's death to get him back into the news.
This guy sef

17 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2019
Really
Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by ubanigrant15: 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImAOeJ798CQ Solution to unemployment in Nigeria
Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by SilasNwude: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2019
[s]
MachadoPreto:
Tattoo that can block bullets.

He should come so I can give him 21 inscissions on his chest and back. Even if Dangote truck runs over him, nothing will happen
[/s]
trash

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by PapaAdanna: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
We don't care too
Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by Fisiryorh(m): 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
okeyumez:
Looking dirty. Inspirations of madness

yeah & when was the last time you smelt a British pound note(A 1£ note to be presice)....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by Donzion77(m): 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2019
Thank God that I don't listen to all this noise they called music. The only thing they sing about is formication, dope,gangsterism (cultism),yahoo et al
No inspiration and some people will call them their role models.
Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by 34wsss: 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2019
1. SECRET EXPOSED: Step by step on how to relocate to Canada with EXPRESS ENTRY and how to get Visa Invitation Letter to ANY country within 2 weeks without spending a dime on any agent.

2. Discover the practical way how I export Agro Products to UK, UAE etc from Home.

For more details Check my signature
Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by Dwady(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2019
TANID:
Of What
New Afrobeats sound.
Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by grandstar(m): 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

But where is he today?

While one has never had a hit to put him on the news the other has no offspring to call him "father ".

Dbanj was no songwriter. He owed everything to Don Jazzy. Burna writes his own songs. That has been the secret of Davido and Wizkid.

Nigerian musicians haven't mastered the art of utilizing songwriters as is common overseas. How will someone who won Project Fame be an Uber driver?

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by TANID(m): 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2019
Dwady:
New Afrobeats sound.
Perhaps.
Re: Burna Boy Explains His Tattoos, The Inspiration Behind Them (Photos) by Sparkle777(f): 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

But where is he today?

While one has never had a hit to put him on the news the other has no offspring to call him "father ".

Only God can give children besides Bankys wife is very heavy now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nse Ikpe-Etim Speaks On Celebrating Valentine’s Day / Scarlett Johansson Hot and Sexy Pics / Kingdom Lottery Unveils Mr Ibu As Brand Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.