Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,084 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Why Many People Quit Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Many People Quit Blogging (9053 Views)

Don't Quit Blogging Because You Ain't Earning. Try This / Should I Quit Blogging? / I Want To Quit Blogging, Any Advice For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Many People Quit Blogging by snrguy5(m): 10:54pm On Aug 16, 2019
Many people get into the blogging world because they think it will be fun or easy. And while it is tons of fun, it’s pretty far from easy, especially in the beginning. Which is typically when so many people quit blogging.

Starting a blog is the hardest part, I think. Most people quit blogging within 6-12 months. (Right before the income they were looking for comes in!)

But before we get into why people quit blogging, let’s talk about why they start.

Why do most people start blogs? There’s a number of reasons;

-To share their story (politics/lifestyle)
-To share their knowledge/expertise (Such as info on their profession, or hobby they love)
-For a hobby (as in, they blog for fun, not for money)
-To make money and turn it into a full-time job

There are bloggers who just do this for fun, and never think about making an income from it. (Which is totally okay!!) However, those types of bloggers have their own set of reasons why they succeed or fail.

But because I mainly talk about the business of blogging, we’re only going to focus on the bloggers who want to turn their passion into a business.

more::::; https://bloggersng.com/reason-why-so-many-people-quit-blogging/

Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by MummyIMadeIt: 11:02pm On Aug 16, 2019
Hmmn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by snrguy5(m): 1:02am On Aug 17, 2019
MummyIMadeIt:
Hmmn
Why humming
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by snrguy5(m): 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
Read
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by snrguy5(m): 1:46am On Oct 21, 2019
service is still available
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by logohaven1: 10:53am On Oct 25, 2019
Tis hard oh. Imagine having to write amazing contents twice a day without gaining exposure.

Ehen. I know you already have a logo. I know. See en, you can give that your logo a different 3D look oh for just 1k.

And with 2k en, you can get that your own fresh one. Oya start sending ya message em.

2 Likes

Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by chinchonglee(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2019
D tin taya me.
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by Offpoint: 10:54am On Oct 25, 2019
Money, if it ain't coming... they quit.
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by Bigval5: 10:55am On Oct 25, 2019
Not easy at all
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by solmusdesigns: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2019
Nigerians like rushing into a particular industry thinking its the way forward

3 Likes

Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by Jimoh7555: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2019
Good for them..
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by FarahAideed: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2019
They quit because the entered not because the loved because they heard a certain Linda Ikeji "hammered " there ..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by seunlayi(m): 11:02am On Oct 25, 2019
Let efcc catch you with blogging

2 Likes

Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by FindingNigeria: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2019
Blogging pays for life if done right, but it may take some time.

Build a blog today, give it all the attention for 60 days, and leave it to gain trust.

Before 8 months, you'll see results.

1 Like

Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by solablings(f): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2019
I love blogging but I started on a wrong note, by buying domain name from. A wrong person because I can't just tag him a scammer yet. He got paid for the domain name and adsense I bought from him and after a week, I no longer have access to the site again.

Despite changing the hosting to mine, and because it was the domain in question he used as a primary domain used in purchasing hosting from godaddy.

Now he's claiming he no longer have access to the email used in obtaining the hosting and that he has lost the hosting information as well.

That's how I lost the domain and money spent on the blogging journey.

I'm still hoping to start again one day again when am comfortable starting
snrguy5:
Many people get into the blogging world because they think it will be fun or easy. And while it is tons of fun, it’s pretty far from easy, especially in the beginning. Which is typically when so many people quit blogging.

Starting a blog is the hardest part, I think. Most people quit blogging within 6-12 months. (Right before the income they were looking for comes in!)

But before we get into why people quit blogging, let’s talk about why they start.

-To share their knowledge/expertise (Such as info on their profession, or hobby they love)

There are bloggers who just do this for fun, and never think about making an income from it. (Which is totally okay!!) However, those types of bloggers have their own set of reasons why they succeed or fail.

But because I mainly talk about the business of blogging, we’re only going to focus on the bloggers who want to turn their passion into a business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by obiekunie2: 11:13am On Oct 25, 2019
them been wan hammer like linda ikeji and them no no say linda get plenty secret wey she no tell anybody - even her sisters!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by Dadaboy: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2019
seunlayi:
Let efcc catch you with blogging
lol
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by alphaNomega: 11:19am On Oct 25, 2019
To answer the question "why many people quit blogging?" You should find out why they started in the first place and the major reason is to MAKE MONEY.

When money is the key motivator, innovation, ethics and common sense gets thrown out of the window. That's why you see a lot of senseless blog articles coming up everyday. Even on the nairaland, look at the front-page and behold the disgust that is the kind of topics that grace that piece of cyberspace.

Money is not stupid and so it will gravitate away from non-lucrative endeavours like modern day blogging. The new writers are broke hence they quit.

TL;DR They thought they could make easy money from blogging, but were unable to.

4 Likes

Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by alphaNomega: 11:20am On Oct 25, 2019
obiekunie2:
them been wan hammer like linda ikeji and them no no say linda get plenty secret wey she no tell anybody - even her sisters!

...like sleeping with rich men for money? That's not a secret anymore.
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by noisy45(m): 11:22am On Oct 25, 2019
Many bloggers are now doing yahoo yahoo and riding opay okada grin
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by obiekunie2: 11:31am On Oct 25, 2019
alphaNomega:

...like sleeping with rich men for money? That's not a secret anymore.

na you talk am ooo! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by fnep2smooth(m): 11:33am On Oct 25, 2019
i build responsive and affordable website in abuja............... check my signature or whatsapp 0 7 0 3 1 6 3 3 7 7 8
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by Premiumwriter: 11:33am On Oct 25, 2019
solablings:
I love blogging but I started on a wrong note, by buying domain name from. A wrong person because I can't just tag him a scammer yet. He got paid for the domain name and adsense I bought from him and after a week, I no longer have access to the site again.

Despite changing the hosting to mine, and because it was the domain in question he used as a primary domain used in purchasing hosting from godaddy.

Now he's claiming he no longer have access to the email used in obtaining the hosting and that he has lost the hosting information as well.

is it that guy that always advertise here?

If you're buying any account, ensure you collect the original email used in opening the account.

Check for the email that was sent during the initial sign up. Change the password and phone number.

If not they will claim that it was hacked and the customer care will restore it back to them
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by Tomvi: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Nigerians like rushing into a particular industry thinking its the way forward
[/s]
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by Zillion2019: 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
The reason why people quit blogging is because they don't have concepts to generate revenue from their blogs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by snrguy5(m): 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
solablings:

I feel your pain but you really did mistake
Re: Why Many People Quit Blogging by Zillion2019: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2019
The reason why people quit blogging is because they don't have concepts to generate revenue from their blogs

snrguy5:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yes! Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter And Youtube To Remove 'terrorist Content' / How Can I Add Debit/credit Card Payment On My Site / How To Add Your Website To Google Chrome Appstore And Get Traffic To Ur Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.