Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Can God Forgive Satan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Forgive Satan (1919 Views)

Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Will GOD Forgive A Wicked Man/Woman Who Has Killed So Many Innocent People? / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Forgive Satan by mysticwarrior(m): 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
If the devil decide to repent and ask God for forgive, would God still forgive him?
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by OpenYourEyes1: 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2019
mysticwarrior:
If the devil decide to repent and ask God for forgive, would God still forgive him?

I doubt he will ever repent. I guess that is why GOD will release him after the 1000yrs reign of Jesus. With that, GOD will prove to those on his side that satan is irredeemable.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Olujames3020(m): 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2019
Hmmm this the question I have being asking and I haven't gotten a satisfactory or empirical response that applies to human reasoning.
Putting differently, if God is merciful and gracious. will Satan be forgiven if he sincerely repents?
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by hahn(m): 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

I doubt he will ever repent. I guess that is why GOD will release him after the 1000yrs reign of Jesus. With that, GOD will prove to those on his side that satan is irredeemable.

Why can't God touch Satan's heart and make him repent?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by CAPSLOCKED: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
hahn:

Why can't God touch Satan's heart and make him repent?

GOD HARDENED PHARAOH'S HEART NOT TO LET THE EGYPTIAN SLAVES FREE, SO THAT WHEN PHARAOH DOESN'T LET THE EGYPTIANS GO, HE (GOD) WILL DESTROY EGYPT.. KILLING ALL THE ANIMALS AND CHILDREN IN THE LAND FOR NO REASON.

GOD WON'T TOUCH SATAN'S HEART BECAUSE GOD ENJOYS THAT THROUGH SATAN'S REBELLION, MANY HUMANS WILL SUFFER AND END UP IN HELL.

A "LOVING" GOD ENJOY'S WHEN HIS CREATION LIVE IN PAIN, DISCOMFORT, THEN SUFFER AND DIE.

THIS IS THE LUNATIC MONSTER THAT THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION BELIEVE, LOVE, AND SERVE.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by faroukenigmatic(m): 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2019
mysticwarrior:

Who is God and who is the Satan?
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by malvisguy212: 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

GOD HARDENED PHARAOH'S HEART NOT TO LET THE EGYPTIAN SLAVES FREE, SO THAT WHEN PHARAOH DOESN'T LET THE EGYPTIANS GO, HE (GOD) WILL DESTROY EGYPT.. KILLING ALL THE ANIMALS AND CHILDREN IN THE LAND FOR NO REASON.

GOD WON'T TOUCH SATAN'S HEART BECAUSE GOD ENJOYS THAT THROUGH SATAN'S REBELLION, MANY HUMANS WILL SUFFER AND END UP IN HELL.

A "LOVING" GOD ENJOY'S WHEN HIS CREATION LIVE IN PAIN, DISCOMFORT, THEN SUFFER AND DIE.

THIS IS THE LUNATIC MONSTER THAT THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION BELIEVE, LOVE, AND SERVE.
that is not what the Bible teach.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by malvisguy212: 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
mysticwarrior:
Satan has already been judged.

John 16:11
and about judgment, because the prince of this
world now stands condemned.

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by CAPSLOCKED: 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
that is not what the Bible teach.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN? IT'S ALL THERE IN THE BIBLE.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 17, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

God hardens pharoah's heart yes but the reason is because pharoah choosed that path.
God's Spirit doesn't strive.
God is love but he wouldn't force himself on anyone but which ever way you choose, he will make use if you.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
mysticwarrior:
first of all, do you know what repentance mean?
Even if the devil repents (not possible) justice must be done.
Do judges just allow criminals go just because they repent?
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by CAPSLOCKED: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:
God hardens pharoah's heart yes but the reason is because pharoah choosed that path.
EXPLAIN HOW PHARAOH CHOSE THE PATH?

God's Spirit doesn't strive.
God is love but he wouldn't force himsel on anyone

MOST OF US WERE BAPTIZED CHRISTIANS AS KIDS, AGAINST OUR WILL. NOW WE HAVE TO COMPULSORILY OBEY HIS SILLY RULES, GO TO CHURCH, PAY TITHES AND DO A LOT OF SHĮT WE TRULY DON'T ENJOY... HOW IS THAT NOT FORCE?

but which ever way you choose, he will make use if you.

YOU'RE TALKING JARGONS.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by kometpuvo(m): 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
Let Satan ask for forgiveness first, then we will know if he can forgive?
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by malvisguy212: 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN? IT'S ALL THERE IN THE BIBLE.
God hardened pharroah heart in the first plagued to display His Full Glory in view. but the rest texts say pharroah hardened his own heart

Exodus 8:32
But Pharaoh hardened HIS HEART
this time also, and did not let the
people go.

Thus the hardening was as much Pharaoh’s own act as it was the work of God.and God revealed his love for His people and hatred for sin
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by mysticwarrior(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:
first of all, do you know what repentance mean?
Even if the devil repents (not possible) justice must be done.
Do judges just allow criminals go just because they repent?
that is not the answer to my question, the bible made us to understand that God is merciful, 1 john 1:9
"But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness" my question is will God forgive and cleans the devil from his wickedness if he confess and repent?
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by CAPSLOCKED: 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
God hardened pharroah heart in the first plagued to display His Full Glory in view.

LOL.. TO DISPLAY HIS GLORY IN VIEW.
YOUR GOD'S GLORY MUST BE WORTHLESS IF AFTER ALL THE HD DISPLAY, IT HAD TO TAKE THE KILLING OF INNOCENT EGYPTIAN ANIMALS AND CHILDREN TO SOFTEN PHARAOH'S MIND.

THE FUNNIEST PART OF THIS CAPTIVITY STORY IS THE PART WHERE GOD NEEDED THE ISRAELITES TO MARK THEIR DOORS WITH BLOOD, SO THAT HE DOESN'T MISTAKENLY KILL THEIR KIDS INSTEAD OF EGYPTIAN KIDS.

AN ALL-KNOWING GOD DOESN'T KNOW THE DOORS OF HIS OWN PEOPLE.

MY LORD. I'VE NEVER SEEN A MORE RETĄRDED PIECE LIKE THE BIBLE.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by CAPSLOCKED: 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
God revealed his love for His people and hatred for sin

NOTHING DEMONSTRATES THE LOVE OF YOUR DERĄNGED GOD AND HIS HATRED FOR SIN BETTER THAN THESE PARTS WHERE HE ORDERS THE KILLING OF INNOCENT BOYS, AND THE ABDUCTION OF VIRGIN GIRLS.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by malvisguy212: 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

YOUR GOD'S GLORY MUST BE WORTHLESS IF AFTER ALL THE HD DISPLAY, IT HAD TO TAKE THE KILLING OF INNOCENT EGYPTIAN ANIMALS AND CHILDREN TO SOFTEN PHARAOH'S MIND.

THE FUNNIEST PART OF THIS CAPTIVITY STORY IS THE PART WHERE GOD NEEDED THE ISRAELITES TO MARK THEIR DOORS WITH BLOOD, SO THAT HE DOESN'T MISTAKENLY KILL THEIR KIDS INSTEAD OF EGYPTIAN KIDS.

this is just pure hatred for God, you ignored the wickedness of pharroah a wicked dictator who kill new born babies in early Exodus ? pharroah hold the Israelite as slave for more than 40 years.

The primary reason for a hard and unbelieving heart is not God. The cause of a hard, calloused angry heart is an unbelieving (depraved) heart that bucks against divine revelation. The unbeliever hates and so
suppresses the truth in unrighteousness.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by mysticwarrior(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
kometpuvo:
Let Satan ask for forgiveness first, then we will know if he can forgive?
the truth is, the Devil would never be forgiven, reasons are as follows

1 Lucifer was formally an angels
2 Angels are created to be perfect and holy
3 there is no forgiveness for any angel who commits sin.
One third of the angels in heaven joined Satan for his rebellion against God, and they were cast down from heaven, they knew the consequence of their actions and that is why they would never go back. Secondly, during the time of Noah those Angels who took human form and came down to earth to sleep with the daughter of men, tried to go back to heaven, evidence suggest that they pleaded with the host of heaven for mercy, forgiveness and to be accepted back, but the gate of heaven was closed against them, they were not forgiven.
Thirdly why do you think demons and evil spirits in ancient and recent times have not come to God for forgiveness? Jesus Christ cast out demons, some of those demons even begged him to cast them into the body of pigs, they could have confessed and begged Jesus for them to accept him as their personal lord and saviour but they never did, why was it so?
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by CAPSLOCKED: 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2019
malvisguy212:
this is just pure hatred for God, you ignored the wickedness of pharroah a wicked dictator who kill new born babies in early Exodus ? pharroah hold the Israelite as slave for more than 40 years.

WELL LET ME DRAW THE CURTAINS, THERE WAS NO SLAVERY. THERE WAS NO EXODUS. THERE IS NO RECORD FOR SUCH AN EVENT OUTSIDE THE BIBLE.
THE MODERN DAY ISRAELITES DISOWNED THIS "HISTORY", AND HAVE APOLOGIZED TO THE EGYPTIANS FOR THIS FAKE AND RIDICULOUS ACCUSATION. THEY HAVE MOVED ON. ONLY DUMB AND GULLIBLE NIGERIANS WHO DON'T KNOW THEIR FATHERS' HISTORY CLAIM TESTIMONIES WITH THE HISTORY OF A FOREIGN CULTURE.

I DON'T HATE YOUR GOD. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE THAT I HATE SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EXIST.
WHEN I HATE, I HATE THE GOD IDEAS MADE UP BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WHO THINK EVERY MAN ALIVE IS OBLIGATED TO BOW TO IT.

5 Likes

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by MrPresident1: 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
mysticwarrior:

Satan is a messenger of God, he does as he is told by God.

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by mysticwarrior(m): 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2019
MrPresident1:

Satan is a messenger of God, he does as he is told by God.
really? pls tell me something I don't know.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by MrPresident1: 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2019
mysticwarrior:
pls tell me something I don't know, was it God that instructed Satan to Rebel against him?

Please quote the place where satan rebelled against God, I need to know where you are coming from.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by mysticwarrior(m): 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
MrPresident1:

Please quote the place where satan rebelled against God, I need to know where you are coming from.
7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

— Revelation 12:7–10 (NIV)
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by MrPresident1: 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2019
mysticwarrior:
7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

— Revelation 12:7–10 (NIV)

I prefer KJV

Revelation 12:7-10
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

A composite understanding of the Bible is needed to understand the nature of satan as a messenger of God. Satan is a seducer, if you allow him to seduce you, he embodies you and you embody him, you become one and the same with him.

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by ichuka(m): 12:16am On Aug 18, 2019
God is Love 1john4:16.meaning He's always willing to Forgive.but there a problem.Hes also the. Righteous Jugde Plm7:11.
For Him to forgive without Judging one sinful act makes Him a loving God,but a very Unrighteous one.tour sins where judged in Christ.tSatan has no one to substitute his place of judgement before God.we are Graced with Christ.

1 Like

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by mysticwarrior(m): 2:51am On Aug 18, 2019
MrPresident1:

I prefer KJV

Revelation 12:7-10
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

A composite understanding of the Bible is needed to understand the nature of satan as a messenger of God. Satan is a seducer, if you allow him to seduce you, he embodies you and you embody him, you become one and the same with him.
you said Satan is a messenger of God, proof it.
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 18, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

Man These are not Christian origin these are the history of the Jews who (as history as proved) can be a very fanatical people when it comes to their religion. They are also conquerors and warriors who fight to win and utterly dominate. This historical account is not meant to be a basis of God’s love just like the activities of Boko Haram isn’t meant to portray the Islamic people. Jesus Christ who is the author and finisher of the Christian faith encourages us to “turn the other cheek” and to never repay evil for evil.
Please feel free to quote me if you think I’m wrong. And if you want to discuss with an intelligent Christian that won’t argue blinded by loyalty anger and fanaticism but with well grounded points that makes sense. I will look forward to it sir. Happy Sunday
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Hakeem12(m): 10:40am On Aug 18, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

These days when I'm bored, I pick up the bible and read for comic relief. Some people find it odd that I read the bible and laugh when I do so, sometimes tears coming out of my eyes. It even baffles me more that people still read these religious books and believe them. Take the songs of Solomon for example, it's basically an erotica.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 18, 2019
Olujames3020:
Hmmm this the question I have being asking and I haven't gotten a satisfactory or empirical response that applies to human reasoning.
Putting differently, if God is merciful and gracious. will Satan be forgiven if he sincerely repents?

My own opinion actually is that God needs Satan. Don’t get me wrong, He is omnipotent and omniscient and all that , just reason with me. I call it POLARITY. Everything, term, idea , action , belief and emotion has an Equal Opposite. For example Good - Evil , Pleasure - Pain.

There’s no way to understand and fully appreciate the work of God if Satan hasn’t screwed with you before one way or the other. At least , here on earth ,Satan to perpetuate Chaos so there can be Order from him.
There has to be a bad guy in every story.

This is not fact and I’m not portraying it as fact. Please this is just my opinion and I might be wrong.

I hope you understand.

2 Likes

Re: Can God Forgive Satan by MrPresident1: 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
mysticwarrior:

Angel means messenger, angels are the sons of God

Job 2:1
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

Origin

Old English engel, ultimately via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek angelos ‘messenger’; superseded in Middle English by forms from Old French angele
Re: Can God Forgive Satan by MuttleyLaff: 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2019
mysticwarrior:
Satan is an ex-messenger of God

MrPresident1:
Angel means messenger, angels are the sons of God
Angels in the the bible can be human being or celestial beings, but this fact is a red herring and has nothing really to do with Job 2:1 below, the misinterpretation of that I am concerned about.

MrPresident1:
Job 2:1
Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

Origin
Old English engel, ultimately via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek angelos ‘messenger’; superseded in Middle English by forms from Old French angele
Job 2:1 where it says "sons of God" has nothing whatsoever to do with angels, the otherwise types known to be celestial beings

The "sons of God" are human beings, who happened to be actual sons of Job, but described the same way and/or similar manner their father, Job was described in Job 1:3, as the greatest of all sons of God from the East. It was these seven sons of Job, not celestial beings, that presented themselves as per their family custom/tradition before the Lord and Satan came along to rear an ugly and sinister head

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities 2020 / Your Words Determine Your Destiny / N4.5b Jet, Oyedepo Envisions His Death Last Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.