Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,347 members, 7,850,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:25 PM

The Notorious Fixer Who Fixed Nigeria Vskenya S. Africa 2010 Worldcup Qualifier - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Notorious Fixer Who Fixed Nigeria Vskenya S. Africa 2010 Worldcup Qualifier (291 Views)

Dark Side Of Football: The Man Who Fixed 2010 Worldcup Qualification For Nigeria / Perumal: How I Fixed Nigeria’s 2010 World Cup Qualification (Pic) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Notorious Fixer Who Fixed Nigeria Vskenya S. Africa 2010 Worldcup Qualifier by fraspree(m): 3:14am On Aug 18, 2019
A notorious match fixer who started out fixing football matches in the late 80’s and perfected the art of match fixing, Perumal Raj Wilson a Singapore national, who was convicted for fixing matches, revealed to BBC how he has been fixing matches including the South African 2010 world cup qualifier match between Nigeria vs Kenya played in November 14, 2009 in Nairobi. In Perumal’s interview reads:

Perumal:
“I have brought previously Nigeria to tournament in Malaysia, The Intercontinental Cup, so that was how I planned with Odera to approach the Nigerian football association”.

Prince Odera AKA Odera Eze is a Nigerian National and football agent, as the documents in Aljazera’s possession attests, he clearly also had close links to the Nigerian football federation. In September 2008, he was licensed by the federation to organize international fixtures on its behalf and traveled with the national team on several occasions. That same year he was photographed with Wilson Raj Perumal when Nigeria took part in the Intercontinental cup in Malaysia.

In late October 2009, just a couple of weeks before Nigeria’s last world cup qualifier against Kenya, Odera signed two letters to secure visas to Nigeria for Perumal and an associate Manimaran Kalimutu. Kalimutu was one of the syndicate’s most reliable runners who regularly carried money overseas for Perumal and passed it on to footballers in Kenya, Rwanda, Jordan and elsewhere. In early November 2009, he and Perumal flew to Nigeria and checked into the transcorp Hilton hotel in Abuja.

Manimaran:

“We reached Abuja at 8am Nigeria time, we went and put our luggage in the room, and Wilson told me to meet him downstairs at the lobby, there were people from the federation and I didn’t join them, I just went to the bar, I was having my chivas”

During that meeting, Perumal claims to have offered members of the Nigeria football federation an extraordinary deal.

Perumal:
“I will make sure everything is done to help Nigeria qualify, which is I’ve got two players or three players in the Kenyan team and they will ensure Nigeria’s win. And the other side is that my company will probably give bonus to Mozambique of $100,000usd to make sure they get positive results with Tunisia”.Read More

(1) (Reply)

PremierGains winning ticket 19days back to back / Spain Took A Step Closer To Qualification For Euro 2020 / UFC 242 Live Stream Reddit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.