Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

HDD Password! Please Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HDD Password! Please Help (1692 Views)

Unlock Bios Password For Dell, Sony, HP And Asus Laptops / BIOS Password Zinox INEC Computers / Unlock Your Bios Password (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
I locked my hard disk using my acer E15 ES1 512 and it have never been an issue but few weeks ago when the board got fried due to wrong connection from a faulty charger it couldn't be fix. I got another laptop now but the problem is the hard disk refused unlocking with the same password. I have tried inserting it in several laptops but still it keeps showing me wrong password. Please I need an expert to advise me on what to do. I have files I don't want to lose in the hard disk.

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by shaggy007(m): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2019
Hdd make and serial number?

4 Likes

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2019
shaggy007:
Hdd make and serial number?
Seagate
SN: S2WC26L2
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by shaggy007(m): 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
ToyBoyAaron:

Seagate

OK hold on

5 Likes

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by shaggy007(m): 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2019
ToyBoyAaron:

Seagate

OK so the questions I was asked were:

what's the hdd size?

What pc did you lock it with?

And what pc do you use now?

Or you can go directly to them:

https://www.seagate.com/em/en/services-software/recover/

Click on "submit case" and do your thing

5 Likes

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by Greatzeus(m): 5:56pm On Aug 19, 2019
ToyBoyAaron:
I locked my hard disk using my acer E15 ES1 512 and it have never been an issue but few weeks ago when the board got fried due to wrong connection from a faulty charger it couldn't be fix. I got another laptop now but the problem is the hard disk refused unlocking with the same password. I have tried inserting it in several laptops but still it keeps showing me wrong password. Please I need an expert to advise me on what to do. I have files I don't want to lose in the hard disk.
This doesn't make sense, locking an internal HDD. If it was external,it's understandable,my WD external HDD has locking feature. Why didn't you just password your PC instead?
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 7:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
Greatzeus:

This doesn't make sense, locking an internal HDD. If it was external,it's understandable,my WD external HDD has locking feature. Why didn't you just password your PC instead?
It is a long story of lack of trust
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
shaggy007:

what's the hdd size?

I really appreciate your help. I hope this works
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2019
shaggy007:

what's the hdd size?

What I am seeing and filling is data recovery. Like sending a damaged hdd for data recovery. My HDD is not damaged but locked
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by Kunleforreal(m): 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
ToyBoyAaron:

Hello, call or whasapp me for solution if you are in Lagos

1 Like

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 6:12am On Aug 20, 2019
Kunleforreal:

Hello, call or whasapp me for solution if you are in Lagos
Thank you but I am in FCT
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by shaggy007(m): 7:37am On Aug 20, 2019
ToyBoyAaron:

What I am seeing and filling is data recovery. Like sending a damaged hdd for data recovery. My HDD is not damaged but locked

Dude send them a message and they'll tell you how to recover your data

Haba

5 Likes

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 11:34am On Aug 20, 2019
shaggy007:

Haba
Okay thanks. And the amount of money for the shipping of a new hard disk of over ₦262054? You don't get what I am saying.... Maybe I went to the wrong website.
When I get what I want I will explain how this can be solved. Thanks for your help

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by shaggy007(m): 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
ToyBoyAaron:

Okay thanks. And the amount of money for the shipping of a new hard disk of over ₦262054? You don't get what I am saying.... Maybe I went to the wrong website.
When I get what I want I will explain how this can be solved. Thanks for your help

OK sure thing

5 Likes

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by udemzyudex(m): 12:55am On Aug 21, 2019
ToyBoyAaron:

There is nothing you can do about this sir, the only option left is data recovery.

See a data recovery expert.
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by udemzyudex(m): 12:56am On Aug 21, 2019
shaggy007:

Haba

Lol.. Nobody will tell him how to recover his data, to recover a data from a hard drive need tools and experience.

That hdd is useless as long as it remains like that,only a data recovery expert can handle it.

1 Like

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by shaggy007(m): 1:01am On Aug 21, 2019
ToyBoyAaron:

Seagate has replied.

Says it's a normal occurrence.

"Use an external USB keyboard to put the password the first time"

Lemme know how it goes.

4 Likes

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 7:27am On Aug 21, 2019
shaggy007:

Seagate has replied.

Lemme know how it goes.
Thanks a lot. I'll try it today
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 7:31am On Aug 21, 2019
udemzyudex:

Lol.. Nobody will tell him how to recover his data, to recover a data from a hard drive need tools and experience.

That hdd is useless as long as it remains like that,only a data recovery expert can handle it.
Wow. Ok boss, not trying to recover my files but to unlock my hdd. I know the password is just that it keeps showing me wrong password on all the laptops I have tried. But I am going to try using an external keyboard today.
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by udemzyudex(m): 10:21am On Aug 21, 2019
ToyBoyAaron:

Wow. Ok boss, not trying to recover my files but to unlock my hdd. I know the password is just that it keeps showing me wrong password on all the laptops I have tried. But I am going to try using an external keyboard today.

If you can't unlock the next option is to recover your files but try the external keyboard option let's see.

1 Like

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 7:08pm On Aug 21, 2019
shaggy007:

Seagate has replied.

Lemme know how it goes.
I have tried it sir but it is the same result; invalid password and with an acer laptop it is showing wrong password. The acer laptop is even giving me hope by not telling me invalid password.
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by shaggy007(m): 7:32am On Aug 22, 2019
ToyBoyAaron:

I have tried it sir but it is the same result; invalid password and with an acer laptop it is showing wrong password. The acer laptop is even giving me hope by not telling me invalid password.

OK I'll let them know.

But if it's any help, might I suggest you try to fix your old laptop?

4 Likes

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 10:12am On Aug 22, 2019
shaggy007:

OK I'll let them know.

But if it's any help, might I suggest you try to fix your old laptop?
Okay sir. I will call the engineer I left the laptop at his shop. Thanks a lot
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2021
Thank you everyone for your help and support. I finally unlocked my hdd today with an acer system. I was pushed to the wall when I met many engineers even with the password trying it with caps lock and external keyboard but no solution. I suggested to some of them that acer might work but they ignored me. Only one engineer understood what I meant and told me he doesn't have time to search for any acer system. I was even willing to pay 5k for formatting it but nothing could be done. I searched the Internet, asked on quora and acer community but the replies were not helpful. Today I just asked my neighbour for his laptop when he told me he is using acer and it actually worked... I am so excited right now.
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:23am On Mar 08, 2021
ToyBoyAaron:
Thank you everyone for your help and support. I finally unlocked my hdd today with an acer system. I was pushed to the wall when I met many engineers even with the password trying it with caps lock and external keyboard but no solution. I suggested to some of them that acer might work but they ignored me. Only one engineer understood what I meant and told me he doesn't have time to search for any acer system. I was even willing to pay 5k for formatting it but nothing could be done. I searched the Internet, asked on quora and acer community but the replies were not helpful. Today I just asked my neighbour for his laptop when he told me he is using acer and it actually worked... I am so excited right now.
Wow....this solution will be helpful to someone someday cool

1 Like

Re: HDD Password! Please Help by maxjax(m): 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2021
you gained access after two years?
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by ToyBoyAaron(m): 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
maxjax:
you gained access after two years?
Yes sir. One engineer even said the hdd is dead but I told him if it is dead then it won't even ask for password. I just tried a blind luck with that acer because I have used an acer before but it didn't work.
Re: HDD Password! Please Help by maxjax(m): 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2021
ToyBoyAaron:

Yes sir. One engineer even said the hdd is dead but I told him if it is dead then it won't even ask for password. I just tried a blind luck with that acer because I have used an acer before but it didn't work.

thats nice o

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Two High End Gaming/video Editing Laptops For Sale(SOLD) / Acer Aspire 5720 , Urgent Sale 25k / For The Computer Gurus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.