Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Advice A Brother On Marriage... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice A Brother On Marriage... (3017 Views)

Mothers Please Advice A Frustrated Married Man. / My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! / What Book On Marriage Can I Get For My Girlfriend On Her Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Smile4mee01: 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2019
Dear Fam,

I am a little depressed today. I am a 34 yr old guy going to 35. Has a decent Job, drive a good car. Live in my own house. Well traveled.
I desire to get married and have children but I just dont connect with women so well. I loose interest in them almost as soon as we get along and everything is looking nice. I kinda loose my peace with the female vibes around.I dont have sex with them.
I am considering going for my Masters abroad to better myself but women in west ( Australia) is another kettle of fish.

There is a colleague of mine who has been in the picture kinda. But she will be 35 in 6 months. She is about 5 months older than me
I am worried she might have difficulty having a child as women struggle with fertility about that age.

I have come too far to make a mistake by marrying a wrong woman. I am worried.
Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
It is difficult to find a sane and well mature lady to marry in Nigeria it is either you having this mindset that your wife to be needs to meet up with your standard just as you describe above ,this is no love or sex issue,I tell you bro if you find the right woman those complains will turn soft too I love her more than myself .. free yourself from this marriage responsibility and hangout more.. if you force yourself you will end up with the wrong woman ..

3 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Afamsi: 12:33am On Aug 19, 2019
Dont rush into marriage to avoid rushing out. Cool down and wait for her. The day you will set your eyes on her things will never remain the same.

2 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by czarina(f): 12:42am On Aug 19, 2019
Afamsi:
Dont rush into marriage to avoid rushing out. Cool down and wait for her. The day you will set your eyes on her things will never remain the same
Really?
Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Afamsi: 12:47am On Aug 19, 2019
czarina:
Really?
Yeah
Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 19, 2019
czarina:
Really?
grin grin I could literally picture the look on your face omg...
@Op why are you planning to marry a lady older than you ?
Do you have issues with your self esteem ?

Women generally need someone to look up to, if you marry someone at your level or older you might struggle except in some rare ocassions.

I dont know exactly what to tell you, but you may need to be a little more involved in church.

Even me wen I dey obodo oyinbo I still get women wen dey naija waiting on me, not to talk of you wen dey naija.

1 Like

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by czarina(f): 1:17am On Aug 19, 2019
calgaryFriend:

Gaskiya, I was lost!

Like this....

1 Like

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 19, 2019
OP, you didn't say anything negative about her, other than her age, which isn't even anything negative. If you like her and think she will be a good wife, marry her. As long as she's healthy she should have no issues giving birth. Megan Markle is 38 and just had a bouncing baby boy.

calgaryFriend:

Women generally need someone to look up to, if you marry someone at your level or older you might struggle except in some rare ocassions.

I dont know exactly what to tell you, but you may need to be a little more involved in church.

Even me wen I dey obodo oyinbo I still get women wen dey naija waiting on me, not to talk of you wen dey naija.

You're so annoying and arrogant. They're practically the same age if he's almost 35 himself. Does Prince Harry, Dwayne Wade, Emmanuel Macron and the many successful men out there who married older women all have self-esteem issues? A principled and successful grown man won't hesitate to marry a woman his age or older.

12 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 2:12am On Aug 19, 2019
theButterfly:
OP, you didn't say anything negative about her, other than her age, which isn't even anything negative. If you like her and think she will be a good wife, marry her. As long as she's healthy she should have no issues giving birth. Megan Markle is 38 and just had a bouncing baby boy.

You're so annoying and arrogant. They're practically the same age if he's almost 35 himself. Does Prince Harry, Dwayne Wade, Macron all have self-esteem issues? A principled grown man with a life won't hesitate to marry a woman his age or older.
Calm down I gave my own piece of advise so why are you quoting me.

I gave the poster the same advise I will give to my brother, if you feel otherwise drop your own and go.

You have to accept that everyone can not always agree with you, and that does not mean anyone is wrong, its just the way it is.

And I never even said anything about conception, I only said women generally need someone to look up to, which is absolutely true.

3 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 2:14am On Aug 19, 2019
Last time I checked it's a free forum, meaning I can respond to whoever. If you don't want people responding to your posts maybe you shouldn't bother posting at all.

calgaryFriend:

Calm down I gave my own piece of advise so why are you quoting me.

I gave the poster the same advise I will give to my brother, if you feel otherwise drop your own and go.

You have to accept that everyone can not always agree with you, and that does not mean anyone is wrong, its just the way it is.

And I never even said anything about conception, I only said women generally need someone to look up to, which is absolutely true.

8 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 19, 2019
theButterfly:
Last time I checked it's a free forum, meaning I can respond to whoever. If you don't want people responding to your posts maybe you shouldn't bother posting at all.

That's not the point here, You're so annoying and arrogant. The quoted was what you said, I am quoting you myself so thats not a problem.
The problem here is you who is intolerant of another persons opinion.

I know you would twist this around again, instead of apologising cause you got caught out.
You could choose to surprise me though. cool cool

8 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 2:27am On Aug 19, 2019
Me quoting you and disagreeing w| your comment doesn't mean I'm intolerant of your opinions. You can't simply label someone as intolerant b|c they don't agree w| what you said, but I see you're merely trying to digress the discussion b|c you couldn't answer my question.

Apolo what? What am I apologizing for? It's only a man w| self-esteem issues who will be demanding an apology outta someone for no tangible reason, other than having his ego massaged. Not gonna happen.

calgaryFriend:

That's not the point here, You're so annoying and arrogant. The quoted was what you said, I am quoting you myself so thats not a problem.
The problem here is you who is intolerant of another persons opinion.

I know you would twist this around again, instead of apologising cause you got caught out.
You could choose to surprise me though. cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 19, 2019
theButterfly:
Me quoting you and disagreeing w| your comment doesn't mean I'm intolerant of your opinions. You can't simply label someone as intolerant b|c they don't agree w| what you said, but I see you're merely trying to digress the discussion b|c you couldn't answer my question.

Apolo what? What am I apologizing for? It's only a man w| self-esteem issues who will be demanding an apology outta someone for no tangible reason, other than having his ego massaged. Not gonna happen.

I don't expect you to agree with me, 95% or more of mothers will frown if a man took home a lady older than him as a potential partner.
Are you saying these mothers don't know what they are saying ?

All the examples you listed are not only foreigners but they are all married to divorcees married at one time to another person, is this the kind of future you want for the OP ? Prince Harry, Dwayne Wade, Emmanuel Macron How can you be using such a scenario as example ? Goes to show how watery your position is.

3 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 19, 2019
95% is a grand generalization. Pulling numbers out of thin air isn't a sound way to present a point. >5% of mothers would definitely be intrigued by and welcoming to their son's agemate or an older woman that he brings home as a potential partner. Many mothers, being emotional beings, want their sons to be happy and well-taken care of and if they see this woman as a good fit, I reckon they would be accepting of her. In any case, part of being an adult is being able to make your own decisions and take charge of your own happiness. Any man who cannot do this has no business being married.

It's not just older women that men shouldn't marry, but divorced women as well? It seems you're just misogynistic. Prince Harry and Emmanuel Macron, two powerful men in high positions who married not only older women but divorced women, have no sense, abi? That these men married these women despite they being older + divorcees speaks volume about their nonsuperficial and developed mentality, but you wouldn't know anything about that, as you're still in pre-adolescence. Dwayne Wade is the only divorced man from the list [he was once previously married], but fyi, he and his ex-wife are about the same age [37], as he's only 4-months older than her. Then he married Gabriel Union who is 10-years older, so clearly he has never cared about age either. All these men could've gotten any younger woman of their choice to marry, but didn't b|c at the end of the day L O V E is all that matters and they so happened to find it w| these women. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Nick Jonas and Priyanka Kapoor, Jason Mamoa and Lisa Benet, Bart Freundlich and Julianne Moore are other examples of men who marriedz older women.

Interestingly enough, all of the men I've mentioned were the ones to go after these women, not vice versa.

calgaryFriend:

I don't expect you to agree with me, 95% or more of mothers will frown if a man took home a lady older than him as a potential partner.
Are you saying these mothers don't know what they are saying ?

All the examples you listed are not only foreigners but they are all married to divorcees married at one time to another person, is this the kind of future you want for the OP ? Prince Harry, Dwayne Wade, Emmanuel Macron How can you be using such a scenario as example ? Goes to show how watery your position is.

2 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 19, 2019
theButterfly:
95% is a grand generalization. Pulling numbers out of thin air isn't a sound way to present a point. >5% of mothers would definitely be intrigued by and welcoming to their son's agemate or an older woman that he brings home as a potential partner. Many mothers, being emotional beings, want their sons to be happy and well-taken care of and if they see this woman as a good fit, I reckon they would be accepting of her. In any case, part of being an adult is being able to make your own decisions and taking charge of your own happiness. Any man who cannot do this has no business being married.

It's not just older women that men shouldn't marry, but divorced women as well? It seems you're just misogynistic. Prince Harry and Emmanuel Macron, two powerful men in high positions who married not only older women but divorced women, have no sense, abi? That these men married these women despite they being older + divorcees speaks volume about their nonsuperficial and developed mentality, but you wouldn't know anything about that, as you're still in pre-adolescence. Dwayne Wade is the only divorced man from the list [he was once previously married], but FYI, he and his ex-wife are about the same age [37], as he's only 4-months older than her. Then he married Gabriel Union who is 10-years older, so clearly he has never cared about age either. All these men could've gotten any younger woman of their choice to marry, but didn't b|c at the end of the day L O V E is all that matters and they so happened to find it w| these women. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Nick Jonas and Priyanka Kapoor, Jason Mamoa and Lisa Benet, Bart Freundlich and Julianne Moore are other examples of men who marriedz older women.

Interestingly enough, all of the men I've mentioned were the ones to go after these women, not vice versa.

How can you be using divorced women as an example for a young man looking to start a family ?
If divorce is not a big deal to you, it is a big deal to me, I bet it is a big deal also to the OP.

It makes your position extremely watery, that the only examples you can see to encourage the poster are examples of women who have divorced, it is pertinent to state that not one of your examples is not a divorced lady.

Having said that, the examples you are pulling out are westerners. Let me help you small, Peter Okoye and Lola Omotayo is closer home.

Now let me put it to you, what percentage of married men in Nigeria are married to someone older than them ? I am sure it is less than 2%.

Let me twist it again, what percentage of women will pray to marry a man younger than them ?

Do you see what I am driving at ? We have people that married older women, but that is not the norm, especially here in Nigeria, that is an anomaly.

We have cultural practices and I can tell you that neither nature nor culture supports a man marrying an older woman.

If you choose to go on with this arguement then I will have to conclude you are just being unreasonable.

2 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by StPete: 6:44am On Aug 19, 2019
theButterfly:
95% is a grand generalization. Pulling numbers out of thin air isn't a sound way to present a point. >5% of mothers would definitely be intrigued by and welcoming to their son's agemate or an older woman that he brings home as a potential partner. Many mothers, being emotional beings, want their sons to be happy and well-taken care of and if they see this woman as a good fit, I reckon they would be accepting of her. In any case, part of being an adult is being able to make your own decisions and take charge of your own happiness. Any man who cannot do this has no business being married.

It's not just older women that men shouldn't marry, but divorced women as well? It seems you're just misogynistic. Prince Harry and Emmanuel Macron, two powerful men in high positions who married not only older women but divorced women, have no sense, abi? That these men married these women despite they being older + divorcees speaks volume about their nonsuperficial and developed mentality, but you wouldn't know anything about that, as you're still in pre-adolescence. Dwayne Wade is the only divorced man from the list [he was once previously married], but fyi, he and his ex-wife are about the same age [37], as he's only 4-months older than her. Then he married Gabriel Union who is 10-years older, so clearly he has never cared about age either. All these men could've gotten any younger woman of their choice to marry, but didn't b|c at the end of the day L O V E is all that matters and they so happened to find it w| these women. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Your statements are flawed and deep within you, you know that calgary guy is right. Even without a proper statistics, it is common knowledge that the vast majority of African mothers wouldn’t allow their sons marry someone who’s older. However, love can be found anywhere and the age difference in the picture here isn’t that great. Amongst other ladies the OP has dated, if he finds his colleague the most compatible, then he should go with the flow
Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 19, 2019
I never said OP should marry a divorcee and you know that's not what I'm saying, so stop picking at straws and at irrelevancies. I used those examples to show that many successful and wealthy men look beyond age and superficial qualities when it comes to choosing a life partner. I only used them as examples b|c of the age differences between them, as that was the main issue your main issue that I responded to, but you've turned your focus to those women being divorcees, which is irrelevant here, as much as it's irrelevant to the men who married them. The woman in question here is 35, while OP is 34 going on 35. You're the one who called her "older", asking if OP has self-esteem issues for wanting to marry an "older" woman when they're practically the same age and as if those men I mentioned up there who are married to older women have low self-esteem.

Western men are more open to marrying older women or don't discriminate as much as Nigerian men do. Their maturity is one of the reasons western countries are lightyears ahead of Nigeria. Many Nigerian men, on the other hand, are only open to using older women as their sugar mommy or marrying an older woman from a western country for green card. That said, there are Nigerian men who married older women, for love: Joseph Ameh is 8-years younger than his wife, Kaffy; Darey Art is 8-years younger than his wife, Deola Ayeni; Silver Ojieson is 5-years younger than his wife, Anne Njemanze.

calgaryFriend:

How can you be using divorced women as an example for a young man looking to start a family ?
If divorce is not a big deal to you, it is a big deal to me, I bet it is a big deal also to the OP.

It makes your position extremely watery, that the only examples you can see to encourage the poster are examples of women who have divorced, it is pertinent to state that not one of your examples is not a divorced lady.

Having said that, the examples you are pulling out are westerners. Let me help you small, Peter Okoye and Lola Omotayo is closer home.

Now let me put it to you, what percentage of married men in Nigeria are married to someone older than them ? I am sure it is less than 2%.

Let me twist it again, what percentage of women will pray to marry a man younger than them ?

Do you see what I am driving at ? We have people that married older women, but that is not the norm, especially here in Nigeria, that is an anomaly.

We have cultural practices and I can tell you that neither nature nor culture supports a man marrying an older woman.

If you choose to go on with this arguement then I will have to conclude you are just being unreasonable.

2 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 19, 2019
@thebutterfly

Western men are more open to marrying older women or don't discriminate as much as Nigerian men do. Their maturity is one of the reasons western countries are lightyears ahead of Nigeria.

@the bolded, do you know how terrible divorce rate is in the western world ? I bet you do, so you should not be making these comparisms if you want to help your own case.

Having said that, you did not argue that our culture and even nature itself does not support men be younger than their wives. I want to believe your avoiding that point shows you agree.

Lastly, the OP is a Nigerian man, what percentage of Nigerian married men that you know are younger than their wives ?

I have said it , it happens but it is extremely rare, it is something alien to African culture for a man to be younger than his wives, and for your information, Africa has got a lower divorce rate that the western world.

1 Like

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by ImaIma1(f): 8:05am On Aug 19, 2019
calgaryFriend:

How do you come up with the conclusion that men who marry older women have self esteem issues? On the contrary, they have very high self esteem and confidence in themselves enough to go for a woman that is mature and not a much younger one that they can bully, bend to their will and boost their ego with.

3 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

How do you come up with the conclusion that men who marry older women have self esteem issues? On the contrary, they have very high self esteem and confidence in themselves enough to go for a woman that is mature and not a much younger one that they can bully, bend to their will and boost their ego with.
I did not say the men have low self esteem, I asked the OP if he had low self esteem.
You guys are falling victim to fallacy of hasty generalization.

How does me asking OP if he has low self esteem equate to men who marry older women having low self esteem ?

Now to address the issue one last time, a man marrying an older woman in Nigeria of today will be seen as an anomaly, I dont understand how you guys are just ignoring that reality.

I see all of you saying marrying an older woman is not a big deal for an African are all women.

It adds up now.
Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by ImaIma1(f): 8:24am On Aug 19, 2019
calgaryFriend:
@thebutterfly

Western men are more open to marrying older women or don't discriminate as much as Nigerian men do. Their maturity is one of the reasons western countries are lightyears ahead of Nigeria.

@the bolded, do you know how terrible divorce rate is in the western world ? I bet you do, so you should not be making these comparisms if you want to help your own case.

Having said that, you did not argue that our culture and even nature itself does not support men be younger than their wives. I want to believe your avoiding that point shows you agree.

Lastly, the OP is a Nigerian man, what percentage of Nigerian married men that you know are younger than their wives ?

I have said it , it happens but it is extremely rare, it is something alien to African culture for a man to be younger than his wives, and for your information, Africa has got a lower divorce rate that the western world.

The point is that an average Nigerian man refuses to advance in his thinking. They hold on to very archaic ways of thinking and doing things. This thinking comes with victimizing and being prejudiced towards anyone who goes against what they believe is the standard.

Thankfully, there are ones who have gone beyond the Nigerian mentality and shown that such limitations can be broken.

Sadly, this kind of thinking keeps us stuck in this failed country that refuses to advance like their counterparts.

Even with the village and backward thinking, there's still divorce here and there. Go to the customary courts and you will be shocked. So being myopic in our approach to marriage doesn't actually make our marriage institution in Nigeria better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

The point is that an average Nigerian man refuses to advance in his thinking. They hold on to very archaic ways of thinking and doing things. This thinking comes with victimizing and being prejudiced towards anyone who goes against what they believe is the standard.

Thankfully, there are ones who have gone beyond the Nigerian mentality and shown that such limitations can be broken.

Sadly, this kind of thinking keeps us stuck in this failed country that refuses to advance like their counterparts.

Even with the village and backward thinking, there's still divorce here and there. Go to the customary courts and you will be shocked. So being myopic in our approach to marriage doesn't actually make our marriage institution in Nigeria better.
This is where you are wrong, it is not everything that is western that is right.

Apart from the fact that common sense is enough to tell people that a man should not marry an older woman, even biological clock is there to let us know that that was not the way it was designed.

Spiritually, was Adam not older than Eve ?

You want to use North America and Europe that are almost turning all the innocent kids to gays as a standard, why not also be raising your children to be gays and transgenders if you think everything western is right ?

It is not everything about our culture that is bad, infact as far as marriage is concerned African culture with regards to marriage is extremely better if followed properly than western culture on marriage.

1 Like

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by ImaIma1(f): 8:36am On Aug 19, 2019
calgaryFriend:

I did not say the men have low self esteem, I asked the OP if he had low self esteem.
You guys are falling victim to fallacy of hasty generalization.

How does me asking OP if he has low self esteem equate to men who marry older women having low self esteem ?

Now to address the issue one last time, a man marrying an older woman in Nigeria of today will be seen as an anomaly, I dont understand how you guys are just ignoring that reality.

I see all of you saying marrying an older woman is not a big deal for an African are all women.

It adds up now.

Even a child who is just learning English will see the relationship in this premises and your presumed assumption. No fallacy here. Don't try to play smart.

There's no problem if it seen as an anomaly as long it doesn't stop it from happening. Not everyone cares what others think. Some won't mention it to family to avoid prejudice.

Do you know how many men are married to older women? Not all of them will say it just to avoid issues. At least the family won't ask for her birth certificate.

Our major problem in Nigeria is that we don't mind our business. We make everything our business and try to poke our noses into matters that should not be our problem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 19, 2019
ImaIma1:

Even a child who is just learning English will see the relationship in this premises and your presumed assumption. No fallacy here. Don't try to play smart.

There's no problem if it seen as an anomaly as long it doesn't stop it from happening. Not everyone cares what others think. Some won't mention it to family to avoid prejudice.

Do you know how many men are married to older women? Not all of them will say it just to avoid issues. At least the family won't ask for her birth certificate.

Our major problem in Nigeria is that we don't mind our business. We make everything our business and try to poke our noses into matters that should not be our problem.
So you want to build a case on presumption ? Goodluck with that... grin grin You guys should have a wonderful day, I don try. @OP if after all the advise we have given you here, you are still confused then I dont know what to say again.

@thebutterfly
@ImaIma1

I will see you guys around, it was nice exchanging views. CIAO
Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by ImaIma1(f): 8:44am On Aug 19, 2019
calgaryFriend:

This is where you are wrong, it is not everything that is western that is right.

Apart from the fact that common sense is enough to tell people that a man should not marry an older woman, even biological clock is there to let us know that that was not the way it was designed.

Spiritually, was Adam not older than Eve ?

You want to use North America and Europe that are almost turning all the innocent kids to gays as a standard, why not also be raising your children to be gays and transgenders if you think everything western is right ?

It is not everything about our culture that is bad, infact as far as marriage is concerned African culture with regards to marriage is extremely better if followed properly than western culture on marriage.

But is there anywhere in the Bible where it said the husband must be older than the wife?

There's nothing common sense about it. It is the person's choice. They have weighed their options and looked at the pros and cons and decided to go ahead. It's not a crime, neither is it against the word of God.

Culture is good but we should know when to do away with archaic mindsets and practices. At least we are wearing clothes now

1 Like

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by ImaIma1(f): 8:46am On Aug 19, 2019
calgaryFriend:

So you want to build a case on presumption ? Goodluck with that... grin grin You guys should have a wonderful day, I don try. @OP if after all the advise we have given you here, you are still confused then I dont know what to say again.

@thebutterfly
@ImaIma1

I will see you guys around, it was nice exchanging views. CIAO

Except you are trying to be tricky and evasive, that is exactly what your comment meant. Take responsibility for your words.

2 Likes

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by ImaIma1(f): 9:15am On Aug 19, 2019
Op when you find the right woman, you will know. There won't be doubts in your heart and you will do anything to be with her.

Sadly, many men on this forum will advise you based on their own restricted mindset and the biased way they view "Nigerian women" and women in general

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by cooooooks(m): 7:29am On Sep 28, 2019
OP, please do not follow calgaryfriend and be an idiot. Calgaryfriend is in his 30s abroad and has not married. He's not even cloe to marriage.

You say you have seen a good woman but she's 5 months older than you. Abeg, respect yourself and remove ageism, age discrimination, from your considerations. Good women are hard to find. If this lady is a good woman and fits you, marry o.

Hey @ TheButterfly, don't mind calgaryfriend o.

Smile4mee01:
Dear Fam,

I am a little depressed today. I am a 34 yr old guy going to 35. Has a decent Job, drive a good car. Live in my own house. Well traveled.
I desire to get married and have children but I just dont connect with women so well. I loose interest in them almost as soon as we get along and everything is looking nice. I kinda loose my peace with the female vibes around.I dont have sex with them.
I am considering going for my Masters abroad to better myself but women in west ( Australia) is another kettle of fish.

There is a colleague of mine who has been in the picture kinda. But she will be 35 in 6 months. She is about 5 months older than me
I am worried she might have difficulty having a child as women struggle with fertility about that age.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by desvi: 7:37am On Sep 28, 2019
Smile4mee01:
Dear Fam,

are you addicted to drama?

at 35 she is unlikely to have fertility issues but the pregnancy will have to be monitored carefully as it is riskier
doctors will know how to treat her and which tests to run
Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 28, 2019
cooooooks:
OP, please do not follow calgaryfriend and be an idiot. Calgaryfriend is in his 30s abroad and has not married. He's not even cloe to marriage.

You say you have seen a good woman but she's 5 months older than you. Abeg, respect yourself and remove ageism, age discrimination, from your considerations. Good women are hard to find. If this lady is a good woman and fits you, marry o.

Hey @ TheButterfly, don't mind calgaryfriend o.

grin
so I laughed when I read what you posted .
You sound very ignorant so I will forgive you this time.

But let me educate you a bit, everyone has a right to their own preferences , the OP asked for advise and I gave my take.

You should probably have just given yours without making any form of reference or even if you wanted to , do that in a much civil manner.

At the end of it all, it is left to the OP to choose what he thinks is right.

Lastly good women are not hard to find, you only need to look in the right places. And also the term "good women" is relative, it has much do with our background and expectations and conditioning.

If you wanna discuss further on this I'd encourage you to be a little more civil and polite in your approach.

In the words of my Spanish friend ........ Gracias wink wink
Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by baby124: 11:13am On Sep 28, 2019
I think you should first resolve issues you have with women. Why you lose interest and don’t have sexual needs from them before deciding to settle with anyone. She’s also waited till she’s 35 and should not be making mistakes just like you. I hope going abroad will give you the freedom to be open about your sexuality and, try to stop forcing yourself to conform to society’s standards. She doesn’t deserve to be with someone who will lose interest in her emotionally and sexually. Sex can be a very big deal in marriage.

Wait, if you don’t have sex with women at 34. Who do you have sex with? Or you are a virgin? Are you attracted to men sexually?

1 Like

Re: Advice A Brother On Marriage... by genq(m): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2019
baby124:
I think you should first resolve issues you have with women. Why you lose interest and don’t have sexual needs from them before deciding to settle with anyone. She’s also waited till she’s 35 and should not be making mistakes just like you. I hope going abroad will give you the freedom to be open about your sexuality and, try to stop forcing yourself to conform to society’s standards. She doesn’t deserve to be with someone who will lose interest in her emotionally and sexually. Sex can be a very big deal in marriage.

Wait, if you don’t have sex with women at 34. Who do you have sex with? Or you are a virgin? Are you attracted to men sexually?

You are very stupid and childish for this statement. Minister of LGBTQ detection. Idi0t!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

ATTENTION: LAND PROPERTIES ARE NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE !!!! / My Female Neighbour Is A London Barber See Her Cutting Her Son's Hair / She's Regretting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.