Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,388 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million (62673 Views)

Prosper Beyond Moore Defrauds Nigerian-Americans Of $1.4 Million In The US / Yahoo Boys Track Down And Punish Yahoo Boys Who Scammed Them (video) / Nigerian Who Scammed Hong Kong Lady Of £79,000 In Love Scam, Arrested. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by thunderbabs: 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2019
Inspire to acquire shittt grin. This one pass yahoo +

3 Likes

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by baratech: 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
Nice
Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by maasoap(m): 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
slam7000:

According to one of the girls, Onwuhara “doesn’t make the money rain, he made it thunderstorm”

"The boy is an enigma," says one of his sisters. "What can I tell you?"

4 Likes

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by PapaAdanna: 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
This is movie scripts worthy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by Isoduwa(m): 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
LesbianBoy:
The day hushpuppi would be caught. There would be nation wide celebration. I trust Nigerians! grin grin grin grin

Really because na hushpuppi be Nigerian problem �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by maasoap(m): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2019
Barryseal:
Intriguing. Absolutely intriguing. They should make a movie out of this guy. Reminds me of the wolf of Wallstreet.

With all the crapy stories from the Hollywood, they would still reject this thrilling life story

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by zionglory(m): 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2019
MudRaker:

Whether you like it or not, Tobe has made his name and is set for greater heights.

I see him easily getting a book deal that will definitely see a Hollywood movie about his hustle.

I see him working with FBI and opening up a financial security firm.

I see him going on tours and holding seminars for blue chipped companies.

I even believe he was instrumental in Invictus arrest.

So go and die with your jealousy
Hmm, what is the good thing to be jealous of about a criminal, iiiigbos, used to love them buh you guys are sick, if anyone points at your Bleep up then he is jealous, jealous of what? Only God can help you guys, you are genetically sick.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by TundeBricklayer: 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2019
Biggest tax fraud in USA
Oluwatosin Kazeem

4 Likes

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by MudRaker: 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2019
zionglory:

Hmm, what is the good thing to be jealous of about a criminal, iiiigbos, used to love them buh you guys are sick, if anyone points at your Bleep up then he is jealous, jealous of what? Only God can help you guys, you are genetically sick.

As long as you revere and worship that small time drug pusher, then you've no moral right to complain about Tobe.

If you even read the article you will see how even the Feds gave him maximum respect.

2 Likes

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by anambraamaka: 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2019
Woah can’t believe I’m not reading a JAMES Hardley Chase

5 Likes

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by kereman1: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2019
Guy tak tak clue from this, we must recover all our money, either by hook, or by crook.

1 Like

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by TundeBricklayer: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by naturefellow(m): 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
sunsewa16:
The story was a thriller, like what we get in hardly chase,I enjoyed reading it to the end.
got my heart pumping! That there is a great read. BRB for chapter 2,3
Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by BrutusOj(m): 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2019
HumblySearching:
Speechless. Guy who pull this kinda hustle off are simply very intelligent and smart.

You simply get caught when you start showcasing.

Exactly, if only they can go low key and come up with a business empire to take eyes off them, it will be difficult to catch them.
Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by Johnedoh: 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2019
After reading between th lines to the end,i had my head spell bound at Tobe's ingenuity. How i wish he could have channeled it in the eight direction!

1 Like

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by henribj(m): 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
Markanye:
Awesome read, I wonder what they were using all the money for and why they could not desist from a life of crime.

at a point it stops being about the money and then becomes about the thrill & fun
initially they go into it because of monetary gains, once the monetary gains have been met to a certain degree, they now remain in the game because of the fun of beating the system
#justsaying
#justmyopinion

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by madridsta007(m): 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
jaszplus12:

Yea...5 years and about 8 months on it...life begins at 40 so he can still make it!

He is an American. A Nigerian-American will attain a huge feat in America and America will say, “he is an American”. But when one of theirs attain a criminal feat, they will go and do a research of his ancestry in Nigeria. Na lie.

He is an American.

America should carry and claim their property.

His other siblings who are Nigerians, born in Nigeria did not have this story on their head.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by Baroba(m): 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2019
Old story Tobi X as he was called back then was an enigma, his cousin Chyke served four years in prison.. This should be made into a movie.. There are still many like him out there..sad.

2 Likes

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by calculator123(m): 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2019
generationz:
shocked

It's dangerous putting details of how he carried out his crimes on the internet.

Many rookies would begin to use them.
That rookie would be caught those security lapses have been amended.

2 Likes

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by calculator123(m): 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2019
Angelfrost:
Why the greed?... Is there really no point where these people actually step on the brakes, and realize that they have stolen enough?... Negroes!!! Smh. undecided
It gets to a point, they stop doing it for the money but for thw thrill involved in breaking security systems.
Have you ever circumvented a supposed strong security rule?
The feeling is indescribable.

4 Likes

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by madridguy(m): 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2019
This guy and Osama bin Laden are on same bounty back then.
Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by SamOyovwi: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2019
He was not a terrorist. Terrorists are the biggest threat to country not cyber criminals
slam7000:
...and for all that crime, he got only 70 months?

He was a very lucky man.
Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by Ajibam: 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2019
SocialJustice:
Invictus na boy, Tobe is the real Danger! Diabolik. Dude is still at large. I even thought he was arrested.

You didn't read the post.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2019
They need to make a movie based on this guys story.
Choi!
Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by Angelfrost(m): 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2019
calculator123:

It gets to a point, they stop doing it for the money but for thw thrill involved in breaking security systems.
Have you ever circumvented a supposed strong security rule?
The feeling is indescribable.

Hmmm... I prefer to stay rich in peace... That's why I thank God for that little thing called "self control". These people lack it.

2 Likes

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ajibam:

Some lazy Nigerian youth. Read first three words and jump to conclusion. Like every story is based on Nollywood.
Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by SocialJustice: 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ajibam:

The post where he was arrested is separate from the original post. Did you read the post because if you did you would have seen the post of his arrest is different from the original post which ended with the fbi were still looking for him.
Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by obama30: 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2019

1 Like

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by kophy(m): 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2019
vibre:
I try read up to halfway but I can't come and kill myself, the next person should come and finish it.
You are a poor reader then, too lazy for my liking

1 Like

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by Jaqenhghar: 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
slam7000:
...and for all that crime, he got only 70 months?

He was a very lucky man.
70 months plus he will he monitored for 5 years.
This is a non violent crime so he will most likely end up in a minimum security prison no violence. Almost like a holiday camp. I think the idea is by the time that 5 years is up it will be very difficult to start rebuilding those networks and the systems would have been upgraded significantly. Even the crimi als wont want to associate with him for fear of him being an informant.

7 Likes

Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by kophy(m): 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
sunsewa16:
The story was a thriller, like what we get in hardly chase,I enjoyed reading it to the end.
I doff my hat for you
Re: Story Of Tobechukwu Onwuhara Who Scammed Americans Of More Than $38 Million by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 20, 2019
TundeBricklayer:
Biggest tax fraud in USA
Oluwatosin Kazeem

Y'all favourite musicians na yahoo boys front....this kazeem guy I Sabi am for area when e still dey naija,as at 07-08 this men don dey ball hard....

If FBI come naija,dem go pick all naija artist,producers and record label owners

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ruth Kamande, Beauty Queen Sentenced To Death In Kenya (Photo) / Man Beaten To Death For Raping & Stealing From Girl In Calabar On Christmas Day / Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.