Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) (13455 Views)

Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / 7 Passengers Injured In Ghastly Motor Accident On Third Mainland Bridge (Pix) / After Buhari's Visit, Petrol Tankers, Trucks Return On Lagos Bridge(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by GistGoViral: 6:47pm On Aug 19, 2019
A heavy rainstorm around Michika Local Government Area of Adamawa State has damaged the bridge linking the LGA and neighbouring Madagaili LGA to the rest of the state.

Our correspondent gathered on Monday that the downpour which started on Friday night and continued to Saturday morning affected the Dilchim bridge in Michika LGA so badly that the bridge had remained impassable.

The Dilchim bridge had been one of those in the Madagali-Michika axis bombed by Boko Haram insurgents in 2014 when the insurgents took over seven LGAs in the northern part of Adamawa State, including Madagali and Michika, but although it remained in a bad state as it was yet to be reconstructed, a makeshift passage was created around it, which the weekend flood destroyed.

“Vehicles coming to Michika or Madagali have to stop just before the bridge and those seeking to go out of Michika or Madagali similarly cannot pass to the other side, so we are restricted,” a Michika resident, Florence James, told our correspondent on Monday afternoon.

Another Michika resident however said some travellers had started to find some means of crossing from one end of the bridge to another.

Sunday Stephen, a resident of Bazza, a community close to the Dilchim bridge, said people were using ladders placed over flowing water to get across.

“It is a precarious way to move over but people who have the heart and feel they must get back home or move on to wherever they are going are resorting to this method,” Sunday Stephen said.

Speaking about the development on Monday, the Director General of Media and Communication of Government House, Yola, Mr Solomon Kumangar, said Governor Ahmadu Fintiri had alerted the Federal Government on need for intervention.

Kumangar specified that the governor had extracted a pledge from the permanent secretary in the Federal Ministry of Works to construct an alternative passageway with immediate effect.

A contract had been given by the Federal Government in 2016 for the reconstruction of the Dilchim bridge and nearby Kudzum bridge, both bombed by Boko Haram two years earlier, but execution of the contract had since then remained in limbo.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/two-adamawa-lgas-cut-off-as-flood-destroys-major-bridge

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by kernniejay(m): 6:49pm On Aug 19, 2019
i am waiting for the flood that will cut Nigeria into 3 namely, hausa, igbo and yoruba. other tribes can follow the flood that flows to where they want to be.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by obojememe: 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
i think they are happy about it...see them waving and smiling

2 Likes

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by kennosklint(m): 10:16pm On Aug 19, 2019
See our leaders deserves more than beating oh...we Nigerians are too scared or what could be the problem... we keep folding our hands and see our leaders make mess of us.

1 Like

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by buygala(m): 10:16pm On Aug 19, 2019
Their Wahala not mine
Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by Chivasex: 10:16pm On Aug 19, 2019
this is how APC should be cut off from Nigeria if there is any good thing to come

2 Likes

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by Emmannn101(m): 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
Major Bridges linking every geographical zone should also collapse, maybe things can be okay

What do you think?
Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by jojo1415: 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
That's how buhari will be cut off from Nigerians soon!!!! Atiku is coming.....very soon!!! tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by pyro62(m): 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
Why can't the country just divide like this?

3 Likes

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by Ooye12: 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
Only in Nigeria dis happen , wonder shall never end
Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by Criticaltemp: 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
Next level with low budget bridge

1 Share

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by NobleRomm(m): 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2019
kernniejay:
i am waiting for the flood that will cut Nigeria into 3 namely, hausa, igbo and yoruba. other tribes can follow the flood that flows to where they want to be.

you wicked..

but u shouldn't have starts dis tribe watin watin now
Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by AKswift: 10:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
kernniejay:

Mad man! �
Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by sylve11: 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2019
AKswift:

Mad man! �

grin grin cool
Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by Chukwurah003: 10:38pm On Aug 19, 2019
And their Atiku wants to get Nigeria working
Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by mostyg(m): 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2019
May God help us.
Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by Vahyela(m): 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2019
The bridge was bombed by Boko Boys since 2014 not flood, but because the 2 Local Government areas ar 90% PDP Supporters, government didn't pay any attention to the bridge until d coming of d present PDP governor Ahmadu Fintiri who happened to b from one of d Local Government area with d help of d members of d national assembly who ar both PDP visited d area.

1 Like

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by Abagworo(m): 11:11pm On Aug 19, 2019
Okorocha built the bridge
Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by SpaceTour: 11:16pm On Aug 19, 2019
A bag of gworo melu onwe gi ebele.

Owerri is a jungle, look at the bridge built by okoroawusa lol

Abagworo:
Okorocha built the bridge

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by SpaceTour: 11:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
This one is better, the one okoroawusa built in Imo state that collapsed is worse. See the picture below

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by SpaceTour: 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2019
See another collapsed culvert tunnel okoroawusa built in the shithole called Owerri lol

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by Abuloma80(f): 12:54am On Aug 20, 2019
Vahyela:
The bridge was bombed by Boko Boys since 2014 not flood, but because the 2 Local Government areas ar 90% PDP Supporters, government didn't pay any attention to the bridge until d coming of d present PDP governor Ahmadu Fintiri who happened to b from one of d Local Government area with d help of d members of d national assembly who ar both PDP visited d area.

Totally untrue. They are a 50-50 Local Govts in terms of APC/PDP voting pattern. Check your figures for the last election. Ahmadu Fintiri (PDP) won by very, very tiny margin over the incumbent, Umaru Bindo (APC). How could PDP be 90% in the area, yet its senator was from APC. During 2015 elections Binta Massi Garba (APC) was the senator for the Adamawa North which comprises Madagali, Michika (Binta's town), Gulak (Fintiri's town), Askira-Uba, Mubi (Bindo's town), Hong, Gombi, Song etc. I am telling you these with all honesty and confidence because l come from Michika. This bridge wahal is just one of the neglected aspects. The most painful and worst affecting the indigenes from these areas particularly my home town Michika, is lack of restoration of POWER. Ever when Boko Haram cut off and destroyed the power lines in 2014 consecutively 5+ years without light. The impact and effects of that is better imagined by the residents especially those whose businesses are dependant on light. So with all fairness and justice to equitable accessible to infrastructure, those two wahala (bridge & power) should be urgently addressed to.
Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by leofab(f): 1:44am On Aug 20, 2019
Okorocha is their mentor

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by JayB11(m): 1:49am On Aug 20, 2019
Abuloma80:

Totally untrue. They are a 50-50 Local Govts in terms of APC/PDP voting pattern. Check your figures for the last election. Ahmadu Fintiri (PDP) won by very, very tiny margin over the incumbent, Umaru Bindo (APC). How could PDP be 90% in the area, yet its senator was from APC. During 2015 elections Binta Massi Garba (APC) was the senator for the Adamawa North which comprises Madagali, Michika (Binta's town), Gulak (Fintiri's town), Askira-Uba, Mubi (Bindo's town), Hong, Gombi, Song etc. I am telling you these with all honesty and confidence because l come from Michika. This bridge wahal is just one of the neglected aspects. The most painful and worst affecting the indigenes from these areas particularly my home town Michika, is lack of restoration of POWER. Ever when Boko Haram cut off and destroyed the power lines in 2014 consecutively 5+ years without light. The impact and effects of that is better imagined by the residents especially those whose businesses are dependant on light. So with all fairness and justice to equitable accessible to infrastructure, those two wahala (bridge & power) should be urgently addressed to.

The govt should please try this time around, Michika light should be restored and the bridge too. These two massive issues screwed Binta Masi's return big time.
Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by Vahyela(m): 2:22am On Aug 20, 2019
From my name you know i am from Michika LGA too so i dont need much introduction to prove to u dat i am from Adamawa state, talking about 2015 elections, do u know dat only michika/Madagali federal constituency produced Pdp as member house of reps in d whole of Adamawa state, which is Adamu Kamale? Election didn't hold in Michka and Madagali d election was held in Mamudu rebadu Square in Yola not in Michika, if election was to hold in this LGAs Binta will nver win the election..
If Michika/Madagali will b d only federal constituency that produce a member house of rep in the whole of Adamawa state against all odd it proves to u that they have d highest % of PDP Supporters.
If u ar from Adamawa u can remember dat Binta herself comes out publicly n said that people from michika didn't vote for her in 2015.
Abuloma80:

Re: Two Adamawa Lgas Cut Off As Flood Destroys Major Bridge (pix) by anonymuz(m): 6:26am On Aug 20, 2019
kernniejay:
in fact i want it today. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston / FG Announces 24-hour Total Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge / Please Advise, I Have Three Months Visa To Isreal!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.