Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. (2764 Views)

USA Is 'looking At' Banning Tiktok And Other Chinese Social Media Apps / Order From 1688, Taobao, Jd.com & Other Chinese Websites @#52 / Anyone Ever Purchased A Suit On Aliexpress Or Other Chinese Sites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2019
I have been trying to create this thread for about 3 months now, but due to not having enough time on my hands, I have not been able to do that. So here we are at last. I have seen lots of threads on nairaland about Mini Importation via Aliexpress, Alibaba, Dhgate and other Chinese Wholesale B2B and B2C websites. People are encouraged to join Whatsapp groups to be able to learn how to import things from China and resell at higher prices in Nigeria. Well, importing things like watches, shoes, clothes etc from China and reselling in Nigeria is not a bad idea. I have actually done that at one time or the other. Arbitrage is not a bad business venture. It brings in money and it can be a very rewarding enterprise if done properly. However, I am someone that thinks very differently. When we import these China and Asian made goods to Nigeria, we are actually making China, Singapore, Japan etc very rich. The more we buy from them, the richer they become smiley smiley smiley smiley. So I want to ask Nairalanders one question- Why can't we use Alibaba, DHgate, Globalsources, Aliexpress etc Productively and Creatively?

We buy many Chinese products to look good smiley smiley smiley smiley. However, only a few of us buy products from China that we can use to create wealth and employ people to work for us. There are so many products we ignore and overlook on these Chinese sites, that we can use productively to run business ventures and companies. I have taken some time to do my research and I will discuss my findings with you. I believe some of us will use some of the things I will share on this thread to improve their business or launch Start Ups and new Companies. I don't want to beat about the Bush. So, let's get started. Always look out for updates on this thread. Ask any question you want to ask directly on this thread. I won't respond to DM's cool cool cool cool. Thanks a lot.

Barbing Salon Business and Hairdressing Salons: If a barbershop or hairdressing salon wants to attract more customers, it has to look good internally. The aesthetics of the Salon must be beautiful so that Customers and Clients will find the environment comfortable. I have come across Barbershops in Nigeria with unattractive walls and lousy interior decoration. The paint on the wall of some of this hair care ventures has peeled of and these places are not inviting at all. The owners of these Barbershops and Salons did not sit down to plan how their premises would look like or how they can cheap tools that would help them run their businesses better. So on these Chinese websites, I found some Barbershop and Salon related Wall Papers that could be used to beautify Salons in Nigeria. These Wallpapers are not that expensive and they don't disfigure the walls. They bring a lot of life and colour to the walls of your Barbing Salon or Hairdressing Shop. Business thrives when you have a conducive environment with nice aesthetics. So before you open your hairdressing salon or Barbershop, why don't you think of importing lovely wallpapers from China? You can find affordable wall papers on Aliexpress.com like the ones below.

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
Now, do you know that China invented Paper? Yes, Chinese people invented Paper, Silk and Gunpowder. But we will dwell on the paper part. The Chinese companies today are producing a lot of things with paper. Millions of Paper products on a daily basis cheesy cheesy cheesy. So why are you not taking advantage of Chinese creativity to make money for yourself and employ other Nigerians. If you search for 'Salon Wall paper' on Aliexpress, you will find lots of options for you to buy. If you type 'Salon Wall Paper' into Dhgate.com, you will get beautiful salon wall papers in your search results. And what do you need to purchase these lovely wallpapers? Just your bank Bank Cards ( GT Bank, UBA, Access Bank, First Bank, WEMA etc ) with VISA on them. You can purchase these wallpapers from Nigeria and have them shipped to you from China and Asia. And they are not too costly. They are paper and vinyl products you can afford. And I bet you won't have issues with Post Office Staff or Customs when you import cheap but useful products like these from Asia. Dhgate and Aliexpress offer free shipping for most of the products on their websites. We are starting with Wall Papers on this thread. There are more products I am going to tell you about. Dhgate.com is a very effective site. I prefer it than Aliexpress.com, though Aliexpress always has a wider range of products than Dhgate. However, you can still find some things on Dhgate that are not available on Aliexpress.

As you can see, I have not talked about Alibaba.com smiley smiley. Alibaba.com is meant for people who want to buy large amounts of a product. So I won't recommend Alibaba to you if you are buying few pieces of wallpaper for your beauty salon or barbershop. There are other sites like Light In The Box and Import Express, HKTDC etc, but I see these sites as 'Also Rans' and many of them are going downhill. So we will stick to Dhgate and Aliexpress for now. These Wall papers can be posted to you through Chinapost or Hongkong Post which are free. Delivery can take up to a Month. Look at some wallpapers for beauty salons from Dhgate.com below.

1 Like

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Vision4God: 9:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
Educative

1 Like

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 6:52am On Aug 20, 2019
Vision4God:
Educative

Thanks a lot. The thread continues now.
Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 7:21am On Aug 20, 2019
Good Morning cool, Global Sources is also for ordering large amounts of a product. Just to let you know. You can actually start a business of using these wall papers to decorate barbershops and hairdressing salons in your area, and get paid for it. Think creatively.

Meat Pie Business: I came across a story on nairaland in which someone was complaining about buying a Meat Pie filled with Macaroni or Pasta. I started laughing immediately cheesy cheesy cheesy. The story was funny. Before then, I came across an item on Aliexpress and Dhgate and immediately saw the potential of the product. I know some of you are interested in starting Snacks Production businesses. May God give you the boldness to activate your ideas. Amen. So, as I was saying, I came across this product called 'Dumpling Maker' or 'Dumpling Mould Maker'. This simple kitchen tool can be used to make Meat Pies. And it is very cheap on Aliexpress.com and Dhgate.com smiley smiley smiley. Instead of sweating it out trying to form the shape of Meat Pies with your hand and wasting a lot of time, you can use this 'Dumpling Maker' to make Meat Pies quickly. You can increase your production of Meat Pies by getting 3-5 pieces of this great product at a very cheap price. There is a market for well prepared Meat Pies in Nigeria. People will buy your Meat Pies if they are well prepared with diced meat in them. You can also supply People who are hosting events with Meat Pies, you know. On Aliexpress, there are a lot of simple tools that you can use to launch your Food or Catering business. See pictures of the 'Dumpling Mould Maker' below.

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ok, we are back on this thread. So as you can see, you can use the 'Dumpling Mould Maker' to start a small scale Meat Pie business or venture out of your kitchen. If you can make 50 Meat Pies a day and you have a store you can sell them to, you can be making some reasonable amount of money every week. Then I need to introduce you to the Dumpling Cutter. I guess they call Meat Pies 'Dumplings' in Europe and Asia. The Dumpling Cutter helps you to cut out the dough ( Flour ) into sizes that you can mould into Meat Pies. You don't have to stress yourself out when making Meat Pies for sale. With the 'Dumpling Cutter', you can speed up your Meat Pie Production and save a lot of time to market what you are producing. So go to Dhgate and Aliexpress and type in 'Dumpling Cutter' and you will see the product in the picture below. With the 'Dumpling Mould Maker' and 'Dumpling Cutter', you are good to go in your Meat Pie Production Business. These products are very cheap and they will get to you in Nigeria via Chinapost or Hong Kong Post which are free. In about a Month, you should get your ordered delivered to you via NIPOST.

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by kwammy5000(m): 6:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
Okay, following.

1 Like

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2019
If you want to order on 1688 and make payment to suppliers contact me 08120292561

1 Like

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2019
Like I said earlier on, China is very good in creating Paper based products. China gave the world Paper and Chinese factories churn out Millions of products made with paper on a daily basis. Do you have an interest in Invitations and Greeting Cards? Paper based Wedding, Obituary and other Events Invitations are still in vogue despite the advent of the internet. Do you know that you can leverage on China and South Korea to start a Card Invitation and Event Business smiley smiley smiley? Here we go.

Wedding Invitations, Obituary And Funeral Invitations, Birthday Invitations, Launching Invitations Business: While searching through Aliexpress, Alibaba and Dhgate, I discovered ready made invitation cards of all colours and sizes that can be modified by smart Nigerian entrepreneurs to make good profit. Nigerians love good things at affordable prices and they will splash money on beautiful invitations that can give their events a colourful and unique outlook. Are you good with words? Are you a graphic designer? Can you hire a graphic designer to work with you concerning this venture? What you need to do is to get these Invitation Cards I am going to introduce you to, customize them and put the content needed in them according to the demands of your clients. Lets say Mrs Adewale comes to you to make a Wedding Invitation for her daughter cool cool. All you need to do is to take all the details she wants in the Invitation Card from her e.g Venues, Dates, Ministers, Names of Grooms Family etc. Then you show her the designs you have in mind ( After picking the designs you want from the links I will give you. Before ordering them according to the amount the Customer wants ) and customize the card to your client's satisfaction. This is a very good business model that can be done at the touch of clicks and a computer mouse. All you need to do is to be creative smiley smiley smiley.

On the Dhgate, Aliexpress and Alibaba.com, there are a lot of Factories making Invitations of all kinds. Type in 'Wedding Invitations' into Dhgate and Aliexpress and you will see lots of Cards you can customize to your client's taste. If you are given a large contract job of about 200 to 500 cards, you can use Alibaba.com to get the cards. When it comes to the greatest varieties of products, Alibaba.com is KING. And when you order in large numbers, you will get a better price per piece of product. I know some of you certainly understand what I am saying. If you are conversant with Alibaba, you sure know that volume orders mean cheaper prices. Look at some of the invitation cards below to get an idea of what I am talking about.

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2019
kwammy5000:
Okay, following.

Thanks for following this thread. Please tell your friends, family and loved ones too. So that they can use some of the ideas on this thread. Thanks cool cool cool.
Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by teejnation(m): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
Wonderful thread. I'm conversant with Aliexpress, aquired products from Alibaba few times. Keep it coming REDMANN.. God bless you

1 Like

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2019
Just type in 'Wedding Invitations' or 'Birthday Invitations' into the search space of Dhgate.com and Aliexpress.com and you will see a wide variety of ready made Invitation Cards waiting for customization by creative minded Nigerian entrepreneurs. Some of these Invitation Cards have Chinese words in them and this will make you worried. Hmn, don't fret cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. What you should do is to contact the seller on either Dhgate or Aliexpress and let them know you want the Invitations they send to you to be blank. They will surely comply with your order once they know they will get a sale and customer through you. The reason why Alibaba should be considered when ordering Ready Made Birthday and Wedding Invitations is because of the wide variety of Cards on the site. Yes, Alibaba owns Aliexpress. This is very true. However, there are some serious Factories and Companies who only advertise their goods on Alibaba.com. And these Companies have a huge Catalog of Products that are not fully uploaded on Alibaba or Aliexpress. So you might need to contact these companies to ask for their full catalog of Cards and Invitations.

On Alibaba, the inventory is endless and massive. And when you buy on Alibaba, you can arrange for Postage and Shipping with the Seller or Company. If you are a good negotiator with sound bargaining abilities, you will get large quantities of Cards for a cheap amount and also affordable postage to Nigeria. So you can let people know you make Wedding and Birthday Invitations, get a supplier of Blank Cards on these Chinese websites and Customize the cards to the taste of your Clients. You can actually start a Wedding Invitation Card business by using Aliexpress, Alibaba and Dhgate to your advantage. Check out some Wedding Invitation Cards from Alibaba.com below.

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2019
teejnation:
Wonderful thread. I'm conversant with Aliexpress, aquired products from Alibaba few times. Keep it coming REDMANN.. God bless you

@teejnation, thanks for the compliment. God bless you too. We just need to help ourselves with ideas that can morph into viable businesses. Thanks for reading through the thread. The discussion will continue tomorrow cool cool cool.
Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2019
There is nothing you cannot achieve with Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate.com etc when it comes to paper products. All you need to do is to stretch your imagination. There are so many Birthday and Wedding Invitation Cards you can customize for your clients. Don't limit yourself by not taking advantage of the opportunities provided by these Chinese sites. Another thing you have to note, is that it is good to contact sellers directly on these sites and negotiate prices with them and MQQ's too. The listings on Aliexpress, Alibaba and Dhgate are not listed by robots. They are listed by human beings. So you can negotiate prices and quantities with the sellers who are mostly Factories and Middle Men. You can also ask for online Catalogs from these sellers so that you can view a wide variety of their products. Here are more unique Ready Made Cards that can be customized below for your clients.

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2019
So we are back. I have to go to work and run my business, you know. It is when I have some time on my hands that I come to update this thread. As I was saying, there are many products and tools being made in China that you can use to transform your life. Another simple device and tool that I want to talk about is the Potato Slicer. Do you know that you can become a maker of Potato Chips from your kitchen table in your own house? When I was in secondary school in the 90's, one of my classmates, Lekan, used to sell Potato Chips in class. You need to see how we rushed his product everyday and he became known for his tasty Potato Chips. Our mates from other classes were always coming to our class to buy those nice Potato chips from Lekan. This was in 1991 and 1992 cool cool cool. If you have been looking for a side hustle to engage in, why don't you start making Potato Chips for sale? People want to eat and will always look for snacks and drinks that they can use to keep hunger at bay. The Potato Slicer or Twister can help you increase your Potato Chips output on a daily basis. All you need is to learn how to make Potato Chips, how to package the chips and then you need to look for shops that can help you sell your Potato Chips product.

So what will you do now? Type in 'Potato Twister, Potato Slicer' into Aliexpress or Dhgate and you will see the tool in the pictures below. The product is very affordable and can be shipped to Nigeria free of charge or for a small fee via China Post ( Aliexpress ).

1 Like

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2019
Another thing you need to note is how to search for products on these Chinese websites. You will need to type in the right keywords in the search bar or a combination of keywords. Dhgate, Aliababa and Aliexpress can have different keywords for one product. So when you search for a product or item on these websites, always click on the alternative keywords or search words they place in your front. You will get more results for your search in this manner.

I am discussing about products that can help you start businesses or products that can boost your enterprise on this thread. TIME and how you maximize TIME is very important as an entrepreneur or businessman. If you use your time wisely, you will soon realize that TIME is Money. Like Mike Okri said, Time Na Money cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Yes, Time is Money. You can scale up your business quickly and make more money on a daily basis if you learn how to use TIME well. To quote Mike Okri again in his famous song 'Time Na Money' - Money no dey come from heaven, do better thing, Money go come. Na true word I dey tell you so'. So we need to plan everyday well. This is where Weekly Schedules and Planners come in. Remember, I mentioned that China is very good in producing paper products. If you go to Aliexpress and Dhgate and search for weekly planners and schedules, you will come across many options. And these Paper Schedules and Planners are very, very cheap. I have come to understand that if you fail to write something you want to remember down, you are most likely to forget it. It has happened to me several times. When you are running a Business or Venture, you will have a lot of things on your mind. There are appointments to go to, meetings to attend, Customer requests for your products, Staff Salaries to pay and a host of other things you want to do. If you don't look for a means to organize these things, you won't be efficient in managing your business. This is where good weekly schedule pads, booklets and wall charts can be useful to you. You can get these schedules easily on Aliexpress, Dhgate.com and have them shipped to Nigeria for you. These Chinese Schedule pads and charts are very colourful and pleasing to the eye. These timekeeping products will help you manage your ventures properly cool cool cool cool. Take a look at some weekly planners below.

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 4:04am On Dec 29, 2019
Season's Greetings.
Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Ub4sure: 7:44am On Dec 29, 2019
Wow! What a wonderful thread. I can only say that it is only that can reward you accordingly for this. Thanks.
Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ub4sure:
Wow! What a wonderful thread. I can only say that it is only that can reward you accordingly for this. Thanks.

@Ub4sure, thanks. I will continue the thread later today. cool cool cool cool cool cool.
Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 1:44am On Feb 18, 2020
The Corona virus outbreak in China will be contained and dealt with very soon. Epidemics have been happening over the centuries, decades and years. And Man has always found a way to survive these outbreaks of diseases, viruses etc. The Corona virus will not be an exception. Take it or leave it, China has helped a lot of people all over the world to grow their businesses with the various products the country produces. China will remain the world's factory for many years to come. So how can Nigerians take advantage of Chinese products to create and nurture businesses to profitability? I will continue sharing my ideas on this thread and I hope you can learn one or two things from me cool cool cool cool.

Cleaning companies are becoming very visible in Nigeria today. In Lagos, Cleaning companies are springing up and actually getting clients and customers who call on them to clean their homes weekly and monthly. I have seen some of these cleaning companies advertising their services on Nairaland and Twitter. As Nigeria continues to develop gradually, more and more homes will require cleaning services. Schools, Hotels, Banks, Insurance Companies, Restaurants, Night Clubs etc will be glad to hire cleaning companies to tidy and clean their business premises for them. However, what will set cleaning companies apart from one another is the tools they use, the appearance of the cleaners, their presentation and their creativity. The Chinese are a very creative people, you know. And there are many cleaning products, items and devices on Chinese e-commerce websites that can make your Cleaning Venture stand out. Your cleaning business needs to stand out if you want to get more clients and customers.

If you type 'Handheld Portable Carpet Table Sweeper' into the search bar of Aliexpress or Dhgate, you will come across a product like in the picture below. As a house or commercial cleaner or cleaning company, this device can help you work faster. You don't have to use a dust pan or brush to take off food particles, bits of dog hair, human air, small dirt items, bread crumbs etc from tables, chairs, carpets, rugs etc. You need to be efficient when cleaning your clients homes or offices. Sometimes, your vacuum cleaner can stop working and this handheld portable carpet table sweeper will come in handy. Brush over surfaces with this tool and it will suck up the dirt. This tool is cheap and you can order up to 5 pieces for your cleaning operatives to use. Postage to Nigeria is usually through Chinapost or Hongkong Post etc. It usually takes a month for your parcel to arrive in Nigeria. Please, don't forget to use www.17track.net to track your small and large parcels to Nigeria. See the picture of the portable Carpet Table Sweeper below.

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 2:28am On Feb 18, 2020
When you search for the 'handheld portable carpet table sweeper' on dhgate, just type in 'table sweeper' in the search bar. Dhgate.com uses varying and different keywords from Aliexpress sometimes. This tool can be very handy and efficient for your cleaning business. It also sets your cleaning business apart from others. Dhgate might want you to buy in bulk, so Aliexpress.com is the place to go if you want only 2 to 5 pieces of this tool.

Another simple cleaning tool you can get from Aliexpress is the 'Microfiber Window Cleaning Brush'. Just type 'Microfiber Window Cleaning Brush' into the search bar of Aliexpress and you will come across this item below. You can use it to clean window blinds in homes and offices quickly. This unique window cleaning brush will get the work done for you quickly so you can maximize your time. You don't have to use cleaning clothes for window blinds, as cleaning clothes do not remove all the dust and dirt on the blinds. This brush gets the work done efficiently. It is very cheap on Aliexpress and you can buy in bulk there. This brush is also available on Dhgate, but it will take some time to find sellers who will sell 1 to 3 pieces of the item there. So Aliexpress.com is the best place to buy this cool window blind cleaning brush from. This simple tool can set your Cleaning Company apart from your competition. Brand differentiation is very important in the cleaning business and Nigeria is not an exception. Take a look at the picture of the 'Microfiber Window Cleaning Brush' below.

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 3:32am On Feb 18, 2020
So we are looking at very cheap and extremely cheap cleaning tools and products for your cleaning business in Nigeria. Always remember to search for sellers on Aliexpress.com or Dhgate.com who offer free shipping. This approach to buying on this sites will save you a lot of money in the long run. Another cleaning item you can source on Aliexpress, dhgate and Alibaba.com are Microfiber Cleaning clothes ( 'Microfiber Cleaning Towels' on dhgate ). These cleaning clothes are different from your normal cleaning rags or clothes. You need to look corporate and well presented when you or your team of cleaners are working in homes or offices. Using torn rags or cleaning clothes or dirty clothes will make your company look amateurish to your Customers and Clients. Microfiber Cleaning clothes are professional cleaning clothes used by reputable cleaning companies all over the world. These clothes are very good and they pick up dust and dirt easily. If you want to save money, you can buy these Microfiber clothes very cheap from China. And you can use free shipping to get them posted to you in Nigeria. They are very easy to ship. All you need to do is to go to the Post Office to collect them when they arrive Nigeria. So, you can just order them in small parcels consistently to save money.

These Microfiber cleaning clothes come in different colours, but the colours you need are Red ( For cleaning toilets and bathrooms ), Blue ( For Sitting Room, Bedrooms, Parlour, Balconies ), Green ( Kitchens ), Yellow ( Glass Windows, Mirrors ), Brown ( For Bathrooms and Toilets ). You can also use Orange, Purple, Grey and other Colours as you deem fit. For large purchases of this Microfiber Cleaning clothes, I think you should use Alibaba.com. You will get the clothes cheaper and lots of discount on Alibaba. You will also have to pay for Shipping by Sea or Air to Nigeria. Watch out for Customs duties too. By buying in large quantities, you will save money even after shipping costs and customs duties at the Ports. So, what next? Please type in 'Microfiber Cleaning Clothes' or 'Microfiber Cleaning Towels' into Aliexpress.com or Alibaba.com and you will see pictures like the ones below.

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
While doing my research for this topic yesterday, I came across something on Alibaba.com concerning the Coronavirus ( Covid-19 ). Many Nigerians and people all over the world are still scared about buying things in China. However, there is nothing to fear about importing goods and products from China. This is what I found on Alibaba.com-

How will my order be impacted by the recent novel Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) outbreak?

Answer: Every supplier is different. Your order will not necessarily be impacted. It depends on the unique situation of the supplier you are working with. If your supplier is located in Wuhan, Hubei Province, delays are expected to continue. For the latest order updates, we advise that you contact your suppliers directly.

Will my shipment get delayed due to the Coronavirus ( COVID-19 )?

Answer: The main events that caused logistics delays in early February was the annual Chinese Lunar New Year holiday. Logistics arrangements have gradually resumed after the holiday in most locations. However, delays are expected to continue in Wuhan, Hubei Province. Additionally, select factories and logistics companies outside of Hubei Province have suspended work as a precaution to help keep workers healthy. Authorities are taking strict measures on this public health event, and we are also paying close attention to the situation.

Should I be concerned of the risk of contracting the novel Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) from a package or products shipping from China? [b]

Answer: According to the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention ( CDC )- 'There is no evidence to support the transmission of the 2019 Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) associated with imported goods. You can read more about this and other questions answered by the CDC here-

www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

The Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) cannot be contracted through Parcels and products you import from China. You do not need to cancel your orders. Please speak to your Suppliers directly about your packages and containers.

This thread will continue shortly smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.
[/b]
Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by JafunmiFX: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
Redman44:
While doing my research for this topic yesterday, I came across something on Alibaba.com concerning the Coronavirus ( Covid-19 ). Many Nigerians and people all over the world are still scared about buying things in China. However, there is nothing to fear about importing goods and products from China. This is what I found on Alibaba.com-

How will my order be impacted by the recent novel Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) outbreak?

Answer: Every supplier is different. Your order will not necessarily be impacted. It depends on the unique situation of the supplier you are working with. If your supplier is located in Wuhan, Hubei Province, delays are expected to continue. For the latest order updates, we advise that you contact your suppliers directly.

Answer: The main events that caused logistics delays in early February was the annual Chinese Lunar New Year holiday. Logistics arrangements have gradually resumed after the holiday in most locations. However, delays are expected to continue in Wuhan, Hubei Province. Additionally, select factories and logistics companies outside of Hubei Province have suspended work as a precaution to help keep workers healthy. Authorities are taking strict measures on this public health event, and we are also paying close attention to the situation.

Should I be concerned of the risk of contracting the novel Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) from a package or products shipping from China? [b]

Answer: According to the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention ( CDC )- 'There is no evidence to support the transmission of the 2019 Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) associated with imported goods. You can read more about this and other questions answered by the CDC here-

The Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) cannot be contracted through Parcels and products you import from China. You do not need to cancel your orders. Please speak to your Suppliers directly about your packages and containers.

[/b]
bro, dhgate is madly expensive, but they have all designers there, original stuff, is there a way I buy cheaper there?
Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by JafunmiFX: 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
Redman44:

[/b]
bro, dhgate is madly expensive, but they have all designers there, original stuff, is there a way I buy cheaper there?
Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 10:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
JafunmiFX:

@ JafunmiFX, prices vary on Dhgate. Most times, things are more expensive on Dhgate than Aliexpress.com. However, if you search deeper on Dhgate, you can get some good prices. Dhgate is cheaper in the long run when you buy 100 to 500 pieces of an item. Yes, Dhgate has very good designers clothes, shoes, bags. The Sellers on Dhgate are factory owners sometimes and they make quality stuff. Why don't you contact the sellers on Dhgate directly and negotiate with them concerning the items you want to buy? Don't be afraid by the MQQ's they place on their listings. They can reduce prices and quantities to buy for you if you contact them or chat with them. Dhgate is a very good site and the sellers there know how to package parcels very well. You will receive your orders 99.9% most of the time. Cheers.
Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by JafunmiFX: 10:16pm On Feb 21, 2020
Redman44:

@ JafunmiFX, prices vary on Dhgate. Most times, things are more expensive on Dhgate than Aliexpress.com. However, if you search deeper on Dhgate, you can get some good prices. Dhgate is cheaper on the long run when you buy 100 to 500 pieces of an item. Yes, Dhgate has very good designers clothes, shoes, bags. The Sellers on Dhgate are factory owners sometimes and they make quality stuff. Why don't you contact the sellers on Dhgate directly and negotiate with them concerning the items you want to buy? Don't be afraid by their MQQ's they place on their listings. They can reduce prices and quantities to buy for you if you contact them or chat with them. Dhgate is a very good site and the sellers there know how to package parcels very well. You will receive your orders 99.99% most of the time. Cheers.
Thanks so much for taking your time to explain
I guess, you can't use it for personal shopping then, except you are buying large
The shipping and product cost are damn expensive but I must confess, that site get mad designers

1 Like

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 10:46pm On Feb 21, 2020
JafunmiFX:

Thanks so much for taking your time to explain
I guess, you can't use it for personal shopping then, except you are buying large
The shipping and product cost are damn expensive but I must confess, that site get mad designers

@ JafunmiFX, I discovered Dhgate in 2013. Initially, it was easy to buy 1 to 3 items on the site. From around 2016, Dhgate evolved into a serious competitor with Alibaba.com. People should be comparing Dhgate with Alibaba.com, not Aliexpress. Try and contact the sellers directly on Dhgate.com. They will reduce the price and quantity for you if you negotiate with them. Everything I have purchased from Dhgate have been of great quality. You can see a lot of great Dhgate reviews on YOUTUBE.COM. Dhgate also has a great communication system embedded into the website. You can chat with sellers or send them messages and they will respond. If you want to buy products in large volumes, Dhgate is great for that. Global Sources is another great site once you figure out how to get cheap shipping to your location. Dhgate seems to be filled with factories selling directly to buyers these days. Cheers.
Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by JafunmiFX: 10:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
Redman44:

@ JafunmiFX, I discovered Dhgate in 2013. Initially, it was easy to buy 1 to 3 items on the site. From around 2016, Dhgate evolved into a serious competitor with Alibaba.com. People should be comparing Dhgate with Alibaba.com, not Aliexpress. Try and contact the sellers directly on Dhgate.com. They will reduce the price and quantity for you if you negotiate with them. Everything I have purchased from Dhgate have been of great quality. You can see a lot of great Dhgate reviews on YOUTUBE,COM Dhgate also has a great communication system embedded into the website. You can chat with sellers or send them messages and they will respond. If you want to buy products in large volumes, Dhgate is great for that. Global Sources is another great site once you figure out how to get cheap shipping to your location. Dhgate seems to be filled with factories selling directly to buyers these days. Cheers.
I understand you, but you don't seems to understand me, I'm trying to say that dhgate can't be use for personal shopping, like if I want to buy slide and cloths now...the price can be 9k, the shipping will be 20k..there are some slides that they are selling here for 5k, but on dh it's 10k, you get what I'm saying now?

I know you don't want dm, but please contact me, if you don't want to drop your number on forum, my number is on my siggy, I have some things to ask you about global source
I just found out that it's ridiculously cheap
But minimum order is the problem
Can they ship to Nigeria?
Can I make payment by myself?

1 Like

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by Redman44(m): 11:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
JafunmiFX:
I understand you, but you don't seems to understand me, I'm trying to say that dhgate can't be use for personal shopping, like if I want to buy slide and cloths now...the price can be 9k, the shipping will be 20k..there are some slides that they are selling here for 5k, but on dh it's 10k, you get what I'm saying now?

I know you don't want dm, but please contact me, if you don't want to drop your number on forum, my number is on my siggy, I have some things to ask you about global source
I just found out that it's ridiculously cheap
But minimum order is the problem
Can they ship to Nigeria?
Can I make payment by myself?

Yes, Global Sources ships to Nigeria. You can pay by yourself smiley smiley smiley smiley. About the minimum order, Global Sources sells in large and small quantities. You need to negotiate with the sellers yourself and use a third party shipping company. You can do your research online to find cheap shipping companies in China, There are affordable shipping firms in China and they transport goods to Nigeria regularly. Register on Global Sources. The website will send you e- Magazines every month. You can buy in small quantities on Global Sources. Provisions have been made for that.
Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by JafunmiFX: 11:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
Redman44:

Yes, Global Sources ships to Nigeria. You can pay by yourself smiley smiley smiley smiley. About the minimum order, Global Sources sells in large and small quantities. You need to negotiate with the sellers yourself and use a third party shipping company. You can do your research online to find cheap shipping companies in China, There are affordable shipping firms in China and they transport goods to Nigeria regularly. Register on Global Sources. The website will send you e- Magazines every month. You can buy in small quantities on Global Sources. Provisions have been made for that.
okay, thanks, I'll watch YouTube videos to know more about getting cheap stuffs on dhgate too

1 Like

Re: How To Use Alibaba, Aliexpress, Dhgate And Other Chinese Sites Effectively. by JafunmiFX: 12:15am On Feb 22, 2020
Redman44:

@ JafunmiFX, I discovered Dhgate in 2013. Initially, it was easy to buy 1 to 3 items on the site. From around 2016, Dhgate evolved into a serious competitor with Alibaba.com. People should be comparing Dhgate with Alibaba.com, not Aliexpress. Try and contact the sellers directly on Dhgate.com. They will reduce the price and quantity for you if you negotiate with them. Everything I have purchased from Dhgate have been of great quality. You can see a lot of great Dhgate reviews on YOUTUBE,COM Dhgate also has a great communication system embedded into the website. You can chat with sellers or send them messages and they will respond. If you want to buy products in large volumes, Dhgate is great for that. Global Sources is another great site once you figure out how to get cheap shipping to your location. Dhgate seems to be filled with factories selling directly to buyers these days. Cheers.

Bro don't worry again oooooo
Dhgate is actually the cheapest, if you can search, I just found a goldmine there grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Copyright Commission / Wedding Gown / Convert your GLO, 9MOBILE and MTN airtime to cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.