Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects (38806 Views)

Police Officers Seen Stopping Vehicles Carrying Anyone With Dreadlocks / EFCC Arrest 4 Internet Fraudsters In Lagos / Police Dismiss 4 Officers Over N200k Extortion (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by WNRblog: 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2019

The Lagos State Police Command responded to the viral video on social media showing some Police Officers shooting two unarmed suspects who were arrested and already in their custody by arresting the guilty officers and charging them for murder.

According to the state PRO, Bala Elkana, their action is against the code of professional conduct and laws guiding how suspects in Police custody should be treated. The Policemen were identified as Inspector Fabiyi Omomayara, Sergeant Olaniyi Solomon, Sergeant Solomon Sunday and Corporal Aliyu Mukaila attached to Iba Division Patrol team.

The incident happened on 19/8/2019 at about 3.00pm, when Iba Police Station received a distress call from one Anugu Valentine that he was attacked by a group of armed men numbering about four on two motorcycles at Ipayi area, Iba and they dispossessed him of one iPhone max valued at #450: 000.

Acting on the information, the Divisional Police Officer Iba promptly deployed the Divisional Patrol team to the scene. Two of the armed robbers were arrested while two escaped. Two locally made pistols with six life cartridges and five expended cartridges were recovered. The gang is said to be notorious for series of robberies in Iba and environs. It was a well celebrated operation by the team as the suspects were gallantly arrested.

The team however, went extreme by killing the suspects who were already in their custody instead of taking them to the Police Station and allowing the normal process of investigation and prosecution to be initiated as stipulated under procedural laws.

That act of extra judicial killings falls short of police professional standards and cannot be condoned by the Command. The Commissioner of Police Lagos State, CP Zubairu Muazu mni has ordered a thorough investigation into the incident.

The Police Officers are currently subjected to internal disciplinary proceedings known as Orderly Room trial and if found culpable, they will be dismissed from the Force and will be handed over to the State Criminal Investigation Department Yaba for prosecution in the conventional Court. Members of the Public will be updated on the outcome of the investigation and trial.

More ==>> https://www.042hits.com/lagos-police-command-arrest-four-officers-seen-in-viral-video-shooting-at-unarmed-suspects-photo/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by americaninja1: 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2019
good.. They want to turn Nigeria to Afganistan and Iraq.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by Nukilia: 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2019
I think this is the right step in the right direction! Why will some miscreants want to turn the country into a banana republic? angry

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by Mynd44: 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2019
Pre-meditated murder.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by anyimontana(m): 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
I just wonder how they kill their fellow human,and still be able to sleep at night

141 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by FarahAideed: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
Very good , those psychopaths must be taken of the force and streets for good ..Never seen people so indiscriminately happy about mindlessly killing .. one of the guys shot in the video is even a university graduate and serving corper named AY Slim

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by CrimeKsmart: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
This is why I always pray for God's protection everyday.
This could happen to anyone weather innocent or guilty.

Imagine how human beings were wasted like chicken. Indeed this country is cursed. Its not about our leaders all the time, we are our own enemies.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
The team however, went extreme by killing the suspects who were already in their custody instead of taking them to the Police Station and allowing the normal process of investigation and prosecution to be initiated as stipulated under procedural laws
So good to know they have been charged for murder.
They should face the consequence of their crime.

Tpharell:
Can someone post the viral video of the extrajudicial killings please
It is everywhere online.
Just Google it. it will pop up.
We still saw it some couple of hours ago.
Barbaric!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by WalkerMichael(m): 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2019
Good! They've been charged for murder!! They should all rot in jail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by Mrsheff(m): 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
They have to face full wrath of the law...
They have to shoot them of die as hanging especially the shooter..
Un professional, Even wadume was not shot as sight... Kudos to only honest police I knew Abba kyari and team...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by greatsee: 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
police is our friend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by Okoroawusa: 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2019
And some people were saying Igando yesterday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by MyGeneration(m): 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2019
Nukilia:
I think this is the right step in the right direction! Why will some miscreants want to turn the country into a banana republic? angry
the police acted very bad, 2 suspects escaped instead of using the ones that were caught to aprehend the rest, they kill them.
dont u think that whosoever reported those boys to the police station is currently at risk? cause the other 2 might put it on him and come for a revenge attack.

these police men are too trigger happy, i was once accused of stealing a phone which the owner later found, i was trying to explain police crack gun say if i talk again them go shoot me, just like that.

The guy found the phone and the police said i should bail myself 10k last...lol just like that

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2019
Idiots, see how miserable they look

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by sotall(m): 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2019
Na wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by Pidginwhisper: 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2019
Are these Policemen too? shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by Ojiofor: 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
Olaniyi is involved!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by yinkus6750(m): 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
Blood sucking demons in mourning uniforms.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by bentwood85(m): 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
They ought to be on handcuffs....

Affordable land ideal for ESTATE ,SCHOOLS ,CHURCH,POULTRY and PETROL STATION are available for sale.
**lands are available in acres and hectares **
**you are buying direct from the indigenes **
They are located at fct, Abuja/Nasarawa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by useurkidney3121: 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2019
Good one... They should be sent to d war front in Sambisa asap. Bunch of idiots

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by SweetOlive(f): 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2019
Perfect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
Nawa o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by package7(m): 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
Wasters of lives should be wasted as well. Bastard sons of devil. They killed their colleagues in crime.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by ojuikwu: 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
some bastard nairalander are criminal.why can they condemned the act of the thief...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by Tpharell: 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
Can someone post the viral video of the extrajudicial killings please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by Lexusgs430: 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
It's either this police officers are banned from reading news or they cannot read.........

I believe it's the latter..... So, i would expect their officers to organise seminars, for all frontline police officers (attendance is compulsory or no salary)..........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Command Arrest 4 Officers Seen In Viral Video Shooting At suspects by lexy2014: 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2019
PhilbanConsult:
Massive Recruitment ongoing at PHILBAN CONSULTING. We are recruiting on behalf our clients to fill the following positions:
Accountants
Admin Officer
I.T Experts
Human Resource Manager
Graphic Artist (with idea of web design)
Customer Service Representative

Kindly send your CV to info@philbanconsulting.com using position applied for as subject of the mail.
Visit www.philbanconsulting.com for more info

"Massive recruitment ongoing...". Am sure when u guys are done, unemployment in nigeria will b reduced to 0%

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man In Tears As Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap His Wife (Video) / Aduba, Dismissed Soldier: I Spent N3m Evans Gave Me On Women, Hotels, Married / Mob Beats 61 Year Old Gay Suspect To Stupour In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.