Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:18 AM

Wordpress Dev: If You're Having Trouble Seeing Your CSS Changes, Try This - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Dev: If You're Having Trouble Seeing Your CSS Changes, Try This (890 Views)

HELP!! I'm Having Trouble Installing Theme On Wordpress / Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results / Can't Subscribe To Glo Data Plan? Try This alternative and see..Trendsgadget.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress Dev: If You're Having Trouble Seeing Your CSS Changes, Try This by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
So recently, someone here sent me a mail seeking assistance with his wordpress-managed website. He said he's been unable to notice his CSS changes while developing his themes to his taste.

According to him, he's done all the usual stuff. Emptied/cleared/purged his admin page caches and even his browser caches.

He contacted his web hosting provider and they cleared a varnish cache stuck somewhere en-route his server.

Still, a simple change such as background color still wasn't effective when he'd reload the site.

Well, he's not alone. When I first started web development, I experienced the exact same issue. Mine was so frustrating that I had to get a new domain.

However, a now-popular plugin is known to fix that issue and stop the caching problem.

Busted! is a plugin that forces the browser to load the most recent version of your CSS, stopping the caching issue. However, this doesn't mean you shouldn't regular your caches and keep it at all-time low.

ReBusted! is also an upgrade to Busted!, and you could install both if you want to. However, ReBusted! Won't work on all versions of WordPress.

4 Likes

Re: Wordpress Dev: If You're Having Trouble Seeing Your CSS Changes, Try This by maak400: 5:00am On Oct 21, 2019
computergeek:

So recently, someone here sent me a mail seeking assistance with his wordpress-managed website. He said he's been unable to notice his CSS changes while developing his themes to his taste.

According to him, he's done all the usual stuff. Emptied/cleared/purged his admin page caches and even his browser caches.

He contacted his web hosting provider and they cleared a varnish cache stuck somewhere en-route his server.

Still, a simple change such as background color still wasn't effective when he'd reload the site.

Well, he's not alone. When I first started web development, I experienced the exact same issue. Mine was so frustrating that I had to get a new domain.

However, a now-popular plugin is known to fix that issue and stop the caching problem.

Busted! is a plugin that forces the browser to load the most recent version of your CSS, stopping the caching issue. However, this doesn't mean you shouldn't regular your caches and keep it at all-time low.

ReBusted! is also an upgrade to Busted!, and you could install both if you want to. However, ReBusted! Won't work on all versions of WordPress.
Thanks for the info. I’ve experienced this before. I’m also into web development. I want to send you an email, pls can you drop your email address or contact info. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Premium Newspaper Wordpress Theme From Themeforest Only For The First 50 @ #200 / Stopping Spammers And Scammers On Nairaland / Training Training Training - Are You Ready?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.