Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? (30731 Views)

Michael Ariyo Curriculum Vitae Made Him A Assistant Bank Manager At Uba Bank / Good Curriculum Vitae Attracts Good Job / Best Way To Write An Curriculum Vitae (CV) For A Job Opportunity (+ Samples) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by Burgerlomo: 7:31am On Aug 22, 2019
fernandoc:
Resume is the one you submit for oil company and bank jobs while CV is the one you give that your uncle that promise to get you a job after Nysc.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by LORDKing001: 7:31am On Aug 22, 2019
What's the difference between CORN & MAIZE?

same thing but different name

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by ABOVEDELAW: 7:55am On Aug 22, 2019
THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT A CURRICULUM VITAE IS A CURRICULM VITAE WHILE A RESUME IS RESUME! grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by Godson32(m): 7:56am On Aug 22, 2019
CV is old school while Resume is the new school
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by otipoju(m): 8:08am On Aug 22, 2019
donbachi:
Cv is a full detail of everything bout u,it could be more than 2 pages..while a resume is a summary of ur skills and experiences,a page or two.

You are right

Resume is meant for the corporate world and is a one or two page summary of your personal details, education, career growth and skills.

C.V is for the academic world. Contains in-depth details of your biodata, education, work experience plus details of your scholarly works such as books, publications, thesis among others

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by magzey: 8:11am On Aug 22, 2019
ikorodureporta:
one na for person wey dey find job.. CV,
the other na for person wey get job.... resume
Wisdom no go kill this one grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by magzey: 8:13am On Aug 22, 2019
CV is basic and resume is advanced which include the former. grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by mabea: 8:27am On Aug 22, 2019
fernandoc:
Resume is the one you submit for oil company and bank jobs while CV is the one you give that your uncle that promise to get you a job after Nysc.
I like your sense of humour

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by Maximuss260: 8:49am On Aug 22, 2019
grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by Maximuss260: 8:51am On Aug 22, 2019
mabea:
mabea:
mabea:
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by stchinedu: 9:06am On Aug 22, 2019
[quote author=Burgerlomo post=81486572][/quote]

Please forgive him cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by foster212: 9:21am On Aug 22, 2019
You guys are still asking this question in 2019?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by wethebest(m): 9:25am On Aug 22, 2019
lekkan:
Knot

Tnx, typo error
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by osesology(m): 10:51am On Aug 22, 2019
ikorodureporta:
one na for person wey dey find job.. CV,
the other na for person wey get job.... resume
my brova!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by Macon1212: 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
In USA that I live, we call Resume the same thing as CV. CV is similar to resume but it is a French term for Resume. There are no difference between the two of them.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by basic23111: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2019
fernandoc:
stop smoking weed

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by AkupeMBANO(m): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2019
fernandoc:
This is the correct answer. laugh wan Kee me

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by IGOCHE3: 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2019
C.v is the one you submit to a company. While Resume is the one the company gave to you asking you to Resume work.. shikena! ;
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 23, 2019
foster212:
You guys are still asking this question in 2019?
CV is for a professional with job experience. While Resume is for a fresh graduate with little or no job experience for that particular field.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by foster212: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
IMustWin:
CV is for a professional with job experience. While Resume is for a fresh graduate with little or no job experience for that particular field.
Lol. Says who? My friend it is the same thing. CV is what British call it, while Americans call it resume.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by Dizzyrascal(m): 12:55am On Aug 25, 2019
Hahahaha. If you want to learn about anything in life, watch Nigerians react to comments on any media platform. Sometimes, online comments really gets me going.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by Dizzyrascal(m): 1:05am On Aug 25, 2019
obembet:
What is the difference between Curriculum Vitae and Resume?

Can we learn from Nairalander guru?

Cc
Hahahaha. If you want to learn about anything in life, watch Nigerians react to comments on any media platform. Sometimes, online comments really gets me going.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2019
PatrickOkunima:
I wrote this a few years ago, and it's still valid today.

I'm a professional resume (CV) Writer. Checkout my website, www.patrickokunima.com.ng if you need help with your CV!
good day Sir. I thought its free or not too expensive. I'm just coming from ur site only to find a minimum of "7.5k" habaangry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Victim Of GNLD - Funny Meme / Unable To Create Account On The Federal Civil Service Recruitment Portal / JOBS TIPS: Read How To Negotiate “salary” During An Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.