Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed (543 Views)

Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by thaprofit88: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2019
I have a situation on my hand. I ll try to be brief.
I moved out of my father's house in 2013 to my own rented apartment. His house is a four flat inhabited mostly by his family members.
In 2015, I had crisis in my job where salaries were cut by 65%, as at that time one of the family members moved to his personal house so a flat in my father's house was vacant. I moved in.
I got married 2016 and my wife joined me in that flat. 2017 till date has opened my eyes to the errors of staying in a family house as family members began disrespecting my mother, my wife and myself and guess what? My father took their side.
I paid for an apartment 2 months ago and I intend to move in month end. I told my dad about my plan last night and he was most unsupportive, saying that I am misplacing my priorities that I should have built my house with the money used for paying rent. Saying his family members that stayed are all in their various houses.
Am I supposed to follow the family pattern? What's his problem?? Can't I still have my own house whIle in a rented apartment?

Comments please.
Re: Advice Needed by tevanso(m): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
thaprofit88:
I moved out of my father's house in 2013 to my own rented apartment. His house is a four flat inhabited mostly by his family members.
In 2015, I had crisis in my job where salaries were cut by 65%, as at that time one of the family members moved to his personal house so a flat in my father's house was vacant. I moved in.
I got married 2016 and my wife joined me in that flat. 2017 till date has opened my eyes to the errors of staying in a family house as family members began disrespecting my mother, my wife and myself and guess what? My father took their side.
I paid for an apartment 2 months ago and I intend to move in month end. I told my dad about my plan last night and he was most unsupportive, saying that I am misplacing my priorities that I should have built my house with the money used for paying rent. Saying his family members that stayed are all in their various houses.
Am I supposed to follow the family pattern? What's his problem?? Can't I still have my own house whIle in a rented apartment?

Comments please.
bros u are on the right path. Go ahead and move to your rented apartment. God will bless u from there and u will build ur own house

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by seyigiggle: 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
you need peace of mind that would create you wealth
Re: Advice Needed by chii8(f): 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2019
Since you have already paid rent,move out of the family house. Meanwhile, it seems you're from a polygamous family,just work harder,if God blesses your hustle, you will build your own house.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by babythug(f): 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2019
thaprofit88:

Comments please.

The family members who stayed on in the house have they built their own houses?

If you can move out before month end sef please do so!
Re: Advice Needed by thorpido(m): 8:13pm On Aug 22, 2019
thaprofit88:

Comments please.
The bolded answers whatever question you have
Your father's impression doesn't have weight in view of the bolded.

Not everyone can build a house before marriage or when just starting out.
Re: Advice Needed by thaprofit88: 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2019
tevanso:
bros u are on the right path. Go ahead and move to your rented apartment. God will bless u from there and u will build ur own house

Thank you
Re: Advice Needed by thaprofit88: 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2019
thorpido:
The bolded answers whatever question you have
Your father's impression doesn't have weight in view of the bolded.

Not everyone can build a house before marriage or when just starting out.

Thanks a lot
Re: Advice Needed by thaprofit88: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2019
seyigiggle:
you need peace of mind that would create you wealth

My thoughts exactly
Re: Advice Needed by thaprofit88: 9:01pm On Aug 22, 2019
chii8:
Since you have already paid rent,move out of the family house. Meanwhile, it seems you're from a polygamous family,just work harder,if God blesses your hustle, you will build your own house.

Not polygamous. The family members here are my father's paternal family

(1) (Reply)

Don't Stop To Throw Stones At Every Dog That Barks At You / How To Not Act High In Front Of Parents / Coronavirus: New Way Of Barbing Hair Deviced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.