Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (22263 Views)

My Family Is At The Verge Of Destruction / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2017
i'm short-tempered. I probably inherited that trait from my dad. Due to the way my dad handled his affairs, my mum was plunged into penury. Currently living with her. The situations of the past has made her bitter. She complains about everything.

I open the pot to take my meal, she raises her voice, i come back empty-handed, she runs me down as being a leech. I lie flat without touching anything, she comes back complaining of so many things. When she starts, i find myself exchanging words with her.

I feel bad afterwards but the cycle continues once she makes me pesky again. how do i salvage this situation? Sometimes, i'm pushed to the edge that my frustration about her slander and my predicament makes me wanna hit her.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by mazimee(m): 10:51pm On Nov 01, 2017
Remember she is your mother, don't do something you won't be proud of tomorrow.

153 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by amSTARboy: 10:51pm On Nov 01, 2017
Oga grow some balls and move out to ur own house and forget mama thank ma

277 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by haywire07(m): 10:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
Be writing poem you hear undecided

Seems you hav forgotten this is Africa where you automatically cursed the moment you even "think" you should raise ur hand to beat the woman who labored over you

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Theyveedo(m): 10:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
Brother bikonu don't ever raise ur hand on ur mother

35 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by erifeoluwasimi(f): 10:54pm On Nov 01, 2017
Never! Its better you go deaf than raise your hand against your mother. I advice you leavethe house fora period and tell someone you know she trust and will listen to. So she can get some advice. But you need to leave ASAP. get somewhere to squat may be just fora week.

26 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by thorpido(m): 10:54pm On Nov 01, 2017
You want to hit your mom?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by teebankz10(m): 10:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
I will not tell you not to hit your mom Cus even if I tell u not to,you already know what is right...

How could you ever think of hitting of your mom in the first place.

I have said my own undecided undecided

40 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by subtlemee(f): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
You are probably a teen or in your early twenties as it is known for late teens to exhibit some rebellious character for want of being lawless. Just try and control your temper for another two or three years so you won't do a thing you'll ever regret in your entire life as when you get older and more mature and start experiencing life you'll know it's not easy to be a mother and you'll always want to appreciate her every moment.

Then we won't hear anything again as she'll become the best nother

28 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2017
mazimee:
Remember she is your mother, don't do something you won't be proud of tomorrow.

hmmm.. Will try. But she really says all sorts of things. She's currently ranting on how we made her miserable. The neighbours all think we're bad. I've got my own frustrations too. Everyone should hold their own

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by fatymore(f): 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
Show her care.. You and your dad made her like this..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2017
amSTARboy:
Oga grow some balls and move out to ur own house and forget mama thank ma
i have that in mind o coz i need my peace. Just started hustling so i will need time. We all are hurting from the unwise decisions of 'the head.'

Why rubbing it on me? Always addressing us like we are visitors who are a burden. the squabble was heated tonight. Had to go outside to keep my cool

9 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Greyworld: 11:18pm On Nov 01, 2017
frustratedrat:
i have that in mind o coz i need my peace. Just started hustling so i will need time. We all are hurting from the unwise decisions of 'the head.'

Why rubbing it on me? Always addressing us like we are visitors who are a burden. the squabble was heated tonight. Had to go outside to keep my cool
sowi bro, its a man's world. we dey always collect

8 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2017
haywire07:
Be writing poem you hear undecided

Seems you hav forgotten this is Africa where you automatically cursed the moment you even "think" you should raise ur hand to beat the woman who labored over you
hmm.. What's the way forward? At times, i walk away to come back late intentionally to avoid her disturbances. Yet she's ever ready to pick offense. The 'grace to grass' transition has unstabled her. More tips needed

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by lalanice(f): 11:25pm On Nov 01, 2017
lol...calm down, I'm sure you know never to hit an elder much more your mother just because they talking to you in a way you dont like. she'll see your worth someday if you keep trying to do right, and you'll make it easier for her wen you leave d house. its easy for parent to think they are d only ones that get frustrated, they think if you are not a parent you have no worries. try to understand her situation, one day you two will have a mother child relationship, better than you expect.

note that most of d things she will say to you are just out of frustration, none of what is happening is your fault. unless you directly had a hand in it....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by elektra(f): 11:28pm On Nov 01, 2017
Frustrated Rat

LMAO grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Acidosis(m): 11:48pm On Nov 01, 2017
fatymore:

Nope, his dad and mom made him like this...

He didn't beg his mom to marry his dad. Two adults simply met, professed love to each other, made sweet love, and the result is why we are here posting...

@OP, you need to calm your nerves, if you're old enough to move out of her apartment, please do. When she has no one to pour her anger on, she will also calm her nerves and possibly call for a reconciliation.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by babythug(f): 1:41am On Nov 02, 2017
Maybe you can identify what usually
Triggers her and avoid it?!

Try to be proactive around the house and ease some of her pressures, just be nice despite her lashing!

Idling around will likely set her off so form
Busy as much as you can!

Emotional heartbreak/ disappointment can turn the best of us into
Monsters - for real.......
Good luck

8 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Sunkyphil(m): 5:26am On Nov 02, 2017
Dont i repeat dont mums could b frustrating at times but always learn to walk away
Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 02, 2017
Theyveedo:
Brother bikonu don't ever raise ur hand on ur mother
i won't by God's grace. But she's over possessive now. Ranting and cursing when we use the little she has left. I never forced her to give birth to me. Why not reserve her antagonism to my dad who fled after complicating issues. More enlightenment from you guys will help me though to help calm my nerves. thinking of getting an earpiece. Hopefully, i can blank out her verbosity

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Lalas247(f): 7:09am On Nov 02, 2017
Never never think of doing that shocked ever
That’s your Mother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by eyinjuege: 7:21am On Nov 02, 2017
Simple...

Get your own place and just move out of the house

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 02, 2017
fatymore:
hmm.. I have my flaws as a growing youth, no doubt but i'm not 'totally useless.' i do contribute at times to ease her burdens. But she's quick to forget. Why are women like that?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by coolcatty: 8:17am On Nov 02, 2017
Omoh ur dad is the real mvp.... Nigggggah bailed on three frustrated disgruntled woman..... I bet she would have nagged ur dad to death if the Niggggah was still living in that house.

Useless man.... U even want to sample opinion after u had thought of raising that Filthy hands of urs on a woman that gave u life.... Rubbish man... Go get ur own apartment.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 02, 2017
Lalas247:
Never never think of doing that shocked ever
That’s your Mother
you reach here Kk. I won't ma. I'm working on self-control. I'll surely do things better when i'm grown up.

No point transferring aggression or worrying about things we can't change.
Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Lalas247(f): 8:48am On Nov 02, 2017
frustratedrat:
you reach here Kk. I won't ma. I'm working on self-control. I'll surely do things better when i'm grown up.

No point transferring aggression or worrying about things we can't change.
Yes now new section grin
Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by fatymore(f): 8:54am On Nov 02, 2017
frustratedrat:
hmm.. I have my flaws as a growing youth, no doubt but i'm not 'totally useless.' i do contribute at times to ease her burdens. But she's quick to forget. Why are women like that?
you know we have a flexible mind.. Just try and show her care. Let her know you love her.. Whenever she gets angry don't talk..just calm your nerves down.. My mum can be annoying sometimes. Before I do reply her back but now I keep mute, don't argue with her at the end I say sorry.. Most importantly I do things before she says it to avoid her getting angry. But believe she loves you and would surely break her heart if you move away.. Good morning

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by neonly: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2017
What

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2017
Move in with a friend. Leave her alone. Better to run away from the temptation.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Kobicove(m): 9:22am On Nov 02, 2017
OP face facts - You're a leech

What's a grown adult still doing living with and being fed by his/her mother?! angry

Move out and be your own boss so you can control your space

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by datola: 9:23am On Nov 02, 2017
Pack out from your mother's home.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum by Aieboocaar(m): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2017
na curse the woman go kuku curse you last last

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Marriage Without Bride Price / Why Are Some Wives Been Denied Next Of Kin Status By Their Husbands? / I Mistakenly Impregnanted My Wife's Sis And Cousin...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.